lamoe

Can Light be Black? Dark Light Experiments!

lamoe

First time ever seeing these examples

• Haha 1

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure I.buy all of this but some makes sense.  For example, being able to see the projector bulb from the black of the screen is due to the film process not being able to produce a fully opaque black. A different process could be made to do that but it's not necessary because as he mentioned, our eyes see black because of the contrast. One of the measures of how good a TV is is not how bright are the colors but how black is the black and how fast it can go from white to black. 

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

rfm010

Can light be black?  I feel a flashback coming on.  Hope it's a good one.

• Haha 3

SkyMan

This bit kind of reminds me of some old gags a friend and I used to discuss in college regarding reversing some of the scientific norms.  For example we would say that heat doesn't actually exist but it's cold that is being measured.  Ergo, the natural state of atoms is highly agitated and cold must be added in order to calm them down.  Eventually, if you add enough cold they stop completely reaching 0K.  The sun doesn't actually supply heat, it sucks cold.  And in this case of dark light, the sun also sucks darkness.