TheMatrix

Where to buy Rice?

TheMatrix

One would think for a country that eats so much rice, that it'd be easy to find good quality rice.  Whether you buy the most premiums rice at Rustan's, S&R, or the usual supermarkets, it's all crap in my opinion.  For our next visit, we'll bring our own rice (from Thailand), but where to buy good rice in Cebu?  I'm thinking better luck may be had at the Korean grocery stores.  The Koreans have a high regard for quality rice since they make the world's best rice cooker, Cuckoo.  I'll try Assi Mart on Cabahug St.

RangerUp
3 hours ago, TheMatrix said:

it's all crap

Taste or nutrition?

I know some 80 year old NFA rice eaters still going strong.

SkyMan

I thought you were into healthy food?

TheMatrix

I'm backslider Skyman.  Gotten a little chubby and enjoy good rice now.

Ranger, just taste.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Headshot

You can buy Thai rice at SM Supermarkets.

Soupeod
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, TheMatrix said:

The Koreans have a high regard for quality rice since they make the world's best rice cooker, Cuckoo. 

When I was stationed in Korea, a lot of their rice came from America. 

I bought some Thai rice from Robinsons.

Edited by Soupeod

Semper paratus

In the U.S. I ate a lot of this rice. Then I brought the wife to the U.S. for a couple of years and she loved it. Then upon retiring to the Philippines 10 years ago I quit rating rice altogether. Nothing here compares.  Even the wife no longer eats rice at all. See if you can find this brand. Grown in California . 

image.thumb.png.e14164cce341b7d01eb3761e6d4c83a2.png

• Thanks 1

SkyMan
9 hours ago, TheMatrix said:

Ranger, just taste.

I can't say I've noticed rice having much of a taste unless you put something on it.  White rice anyway.  My MIL likes to use my Tabasco when she visits.  I gave up rice a few years ago.  Might as well eat a pile of sugar.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RR3

What's the problem? I never eat rice. I am a noodle guy. Also Italian copy of noodles, pasta, sometimes Ok

TheMatrix

We don't do much as far as noodles due to wheat and gluten.  And we found California rice to be just so-so.  The two brands we consume most are 3 Ladies, and Kirkland Signature Jasmine rice.  Come visit us at Winland, arriving Monday for 6 weeks, and we'll treat you to some right-tasting rice.  

imageService.jpg

jasrice.jpg

liquido

Just for the hell of it awhile back I bought a box of Uncle Ben's Instant rice back with me and gave it to a girl I know here..She loved it and said why does your country have such good rice and you people dont eat it much...Maybe she was just being nice or maybe its true..Mind you im NOT a fan of rice...