Irenicus

German National Martin Kreusuer Shot in Dumaguete

Irenicus

The new owner of GieGies restobar was just murdered in Dumaguete.  The previous owner passed away not to long ago.  Here is the story from Headz up NegOr:

Shooting Incident Victimizing Foreign National

When: At about 7:01 PM of May 18,2019

Where: Highway Banilad near Giegies Store and Roilan Bakery, Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental

Who: Victim: Martin Kreuser, 56 years old, German National, resident of San Jose Village this city

Suspect: One (1) male person wearing gray jacket and black bullcap

On the said time, date and place wherein a shooting incident transpired victimizing one (1) foreign national with the use of an unknown caliber pistol hitting the latter at the right back lumbar portion of the body.

Victim was already rushed to SUMC upon arrival of responding PNP pers for immediate medical treatment.

The personnel from this office is now conducted hot pursuit operation for possible identification and arrest of fleeing suspect.

Source: NORPPO PNP

Goetz1965
Posted (edited)

Another guy who didnt do a proper background check on what he gets into ....
So what to say other than "Next please ..."

Edited by Goetz1965

oztony
Just now, Goetz1965 said:

Another guy who didnt do a propper background check on what he gets into ....

:scratch_head:  Is there some information here that the rest of us don't know about ?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

shadow

We were within 100 meters of this making music when it happened.

RIP

JonnyBravo
:scratch_head:  Is there some information here that the rest of us don't know about ?

I think what he is getting at is the German broke one of the golden rules to safely living in the Philippines. That’s rule number 2 to be exact. Thou shall not do/own/run business in the Philippines.

If your wondering what the first and third golden rules are. Thou shall not have anything to do with drugs and thirdly, thou shall not have any political views or advocate while living in the Philippines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztony

Well for all we know at this stage there could be half a dozen or so "thou shall not" rules broken .... thou shall not covet the wife/girlfriend  of another man is another major one here in the PI , but at this stage all I see is assumptions .... so until the unreliable press releases some half truths or facts we are all just guessing as to the circumstances surrounding this unfortunate man's death. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Semper paratus

There seems to be conflicting stories on whether or not the victim is in fact dead or receiving medical treatment. If the shot was to the area described I would not think that is necessarily a fatal wound. Paralysis is very possible, but without verification of the complete story this is all conjecture.  Time will tell. Hoping for the best for him and the arrest of the suspect. 

• Like 4

shadow
4 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

There seems to be conflicting stories on whether or not the victim is in fact dead or receiving medical treatment. If the shot was to the area described I would not think that is necessarily a fatal wound. Paralysis is very possible, but without verification of the complete story this is all conjecture.  Time will tell. Hoping for the best for him and the arrest of the suspect. 

Agreed on all counts. I've been following this, and see nowhere in any news report (other than headlines) that he died, as yet. The story on the street last night put the wound in the kidney area, which would probably not be fatal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JonnyBravo
The previous owner of Gie Gie's, Ron, was a good friend of mine for 15+ years. He ran food/bar/resort businesses here for 15 years, and never had a problem. Unfortunately, he developed Cancer and passed away recently. This guy bought him out and took over March 1st, and is dead 2 months later. He may have broke some rules, but just running a business was not it.

I’m going to disagree with you on this one (owning a business is not reason enough to be killed/shot/threatened). I’ve read enough murders going on in the Philippines and it has come down to a foreigner owning a business and some kind of jealousy going on. I think the last one was that Italian expat who was married to a Filipina. I think he was property investor. Shot n killed in his home when he was watching a movie with his wife. But I’ve read others.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

shadow
3 minutes ago, JonnyBravo said:

I’m going to disagree with you on this one (owning a business is not reason enough to be killed/shot/threatened). I’ve read enough murders going on in the Philippines and it has come down to a foreigner owning a business and some kind of jealousy going on. I think the last one was that Italian expat who was married to a Filipina. I think he was property investor. Shot n killed in his home when he was watching a movie with his wife. But I’ve read others.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

If you are talking about the Italian guy in Dauin, he was a wealthy developer in a property dispute. He was shot not because he was in business, but probably because of the type of business and probably pissing off a Filipino, or someone after his money, which was substantial.

Ron had run several bars, resorts, and restos here, and other businesses too, such as 5/6 money lending, and gambling, which would put him as far over breaking the golden rules as anyone. He lived to a ripe old age, and died of natural causes. 

But, he generally treated people fairly, and had little money for someone to inherit. He was a likable guy.

Then along comes a German and buys the business Ron built, and he gets shot within two months?

Somehow he pissed off the wrong people, or someone wanted his money. I doubt it was because he was in business, but maybe due to his actions in business?

I too have been in business here over 15 years, one of which puts me in position to constantly piss off Filipino scammers. I'm still here, believe it or not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

shadow

Update; He is not dead, he is recovering in the hospital..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

oztony
3 hours ago, oztony said:

so until the unreliable press releases some half truths or facts

49 minutes ago, shadow said:

Update; He is not dead, he is recovering in the hospital..

:hi:

oztony

Now maybe the perfect time for him to request the halt on screening of any films that show a failed hitman visiting the hospital to complete his tasks....:lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

jtmwatchbiz
1 hour ago, oztony said:

Now maybe the perfect time for him to request the halt on screening of any films that show a failed hitman visiting the hospital to complete his tasks....:lol:

you mean like Bullitt?