Sign in to follow this  
TheMatrix

Incoming Customs Inspections at New Int'l Terminal

TheMatrix

funny boy Fred... you're such a character.  How does your humor survive in the Philippines?  You just stop by here everyday for your fix, heh?

Flying in this Sunday for 6 weeks.  Come up to our Winlalnd unit.  Gotta show you what we did to the place, then pizza and beer.

• Like 1

Rwtom
14 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

I assume they would give the stink-eye to a software developer coming in with computing equipment under this provision?

I believe it’s referring to the Filipina, but if under the $ amount shouldn’t be a problem 

Woolf
18 hours ago, Rwtom said:

According to the PH embassy in Norway(probably also found elsewhere, but was first google hit)

https://www.philembassy.no/travel-info/bureau-of-customs-passenger-guidelines

Philippine Duty-Free Shopping

Regular Filipino travellers and foreign individual travellers are entitled to a tax-exempt maximum purchase of US$ 1,000. Purchase must be made within 48 hours upon arrival. The purchase of electronics and appliances shall be subject to customs duties and taxes.

Balikbayan and OFWs are entitled to a tax-exempt maximum purchase of US$ 2,500 inclusive of the purchase of electronics and appliances limited to 1 unit per product category. They are entitled also to an additional tax-exempt purchase of US$ 2,000 for kabuhayan/livelihood tools and equipment. Purchase must be made within 15 days upon arrival ro 30 days during Christmas season (December 15 to January 15)/ Departing passengers with confirmed bookings are entitled to tax and duty exempt purchase. Purchase must be made on the day of departure.

The above is what you are allowed to buy in philippines in a duty free shop in philippines, not what you are allowed to bring into philippines duty free

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rwtom
2 hours ago, Woolf said:

The above is what you are allowed to buy in philippines in a duty free shop in philippines, not what you are allowed to bring into philippines duty free

You’re correct, I copied the wrong section. From the same site, just above the Duty Free Shopping section:

Returning residents and returning overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) are granted a tax and duty exemption on importation of their personal and household effects in an amount of up to PHP 350,000, subject to the conditions prescribed under rules and regulations. Any amount in excess of the threshold shall be subject to the corresponding duties and taxes under the CMTA and the NIRC, as amended. 

Returning OFWs are granted an additional duty and tax exemption privilege for home appliances and other durables in the amount not exceeding PHP 150,000 subject to the conditions prescribed under rules and regulations. Any amount in excess of PHP 150,000 or of the number of tax and duty-free appliances shall be subject to the corresponding taxes and duties.

• Like 1

TheMatrix
Posted (edited)

I believe you may have to apply and receive this certification before the allowance of 350,000 is provided.  I remember shipping a container over last year.  We were going to go through the returning residents/returning OFW route, tons of red tape, that we decided against it.

Edited by TheMatrix

jtmwatchbiz
9 hours ago, TheMatrix said:

funny boy Fred... you're such a character.  How does your humor survive in the Philippines?

after all these years of being just me i'm still doing fine thanks. 

well...last month i did buy a pair of sunglasses, dye my hair, grow a goatee and start avoiding public places but that's just my personal choice.  :biggrin_01:

• Like 1