Sign in to follow this  
enoonmai

A Curious Case of Cignal Billing

enoonmai

I left the Philippines almost 3 years ago. The last 2 years we were there I had Cignal satellite TV, the P999 plan I think, and it worked pretty well. We notified the local Cignal people in Argao we were leaving and they terminated the acct and picked up the equipment, no problem. That was about the only thing about the move that was “no problem” so I guess I should have known something was lurking down the road. 

Several months after leaving I was confused as to why I was still getting monthly bills via email that showed the balance being paid month by month, even to this day nearly 3 years later. Why was I still being billed at my former address and who was paying it? I was more curious than concerned so my wife contacted our former helper and asked her to go the local Cignal office in the market in Argao to ask. They explained that new people had taken the house and signed up for Cignal service and changing the name on the acct with the home office in Manila was too much trouble so we would continue getting the monthly bills but, not to worry, it was being paid and we owed nothing. Made perfect sense to the helper. As long as they keep paying all is hunky-dory. There are a lot of good things about the phils I miss and then….. 

• Haha 1

SkyMan

Not a big deal but I would ask the new people to put their name on the account.

I had Globe Wimax a few years and then I started having problems and found out they weren't supporting it anymore and would convert me to the new system.  But when they came out to try the new system it didn't have signal so I told Globe to just cancel it.  A couple years later I happened to log in and the bill was over p78K. I just ignored it and eventually I couldn't log in anymore.