lamoe

No prep concrete pad using un-mowed grass as reinforcement

lamoe

Watch til the end

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Paddy

Well, apart from not having a pump truck, that’s pretty much exactly how our crew made the garden path!! 😄

• Haha 2

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

My comment was going to be to do the opposite of everything he said.

I was also wondering if the real workers sent him off to do a video to keep him out of the way. 

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

lamoe

image.thumb.png.6df08ec9144aa49f34286ca3405034a8.png

• Haha 1

SkyMan

Was laughing a little when he said how light concrete was.  Watched this right after lugging almost 50 buckets of cement 40 meters on an incline to dump into forms.  This afternoon was 90 buckets followed by lifting each above my head.  Nothing light about cement.

I need some of that magic floor leveler though.

• Like 2

Daddle

Yes, that is a crazy video. However the results are nevertheless far better than the typical provincial filipino concrete job. The batch was fully mixed. It wasn't a watery soup. Probably had the right amount of cement in it. It wasn't mixed on a patch of dirty ground. Used real sand rather than some dried mud from a riverbank. A little grass fiber might actually be better reinforcement than some woefully undersized, rusty rebar that has sunk out the bottom of the slab. The buckets didn't drip a mess everywhere between the mixing mudhole and the form. It is likely strong, you will not be breaking up that cured pad by kicking at it with your slippers. They likely cleaned all the equipment immediately after the job. And look at that beautiful lumber he used...not chainsaw milled coco...straight, square, and of some proper dimension.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SkyMan
6 hours ago, Daddle said:

The batch was fully mixed. It wasn't a watery soup. Probably had the right amount of cement in it.

Until he dumped the extra 10 gallons of water in it.

SkyMan

Anyone seen duplex nails here?