Kahuna

Record Breaking Dive To The Mariana Trench

Kahuna

An American explorer has descended nearly 11km (seven miles) to the deepest place in the ocean - the Mariana Trench in the Pacific.

Victor Vescovo spent four hours exploring the bottom of the trench with the risk of his submersible imploding if anything were to go wrong.

The dive was later verified to be 10,972m and Victor became the first person to reach the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean.

Ballsy!!  :thumbsup:

• Like 7

Kahuna
9 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

yeah, the news report I read a couple of days ago was focused as much on the inanimate discoveries down there as the wildlife .... :huh:

https://www.news.com.au/world/breaking-news/trash-found-in-deepestever-submarine-dive

It was sad to see a garbage bag even that far away from humanity.  I doubt they will ever get what they have polluted in the oceans back to a pristine condition but I sure hope they try.. 

lamoe

The comment usually associated with exploring the deepest ocean deaths and space are that we know more about and have explored more of space.

They don't mention the pressure on a space craft wall is 14.5? PSI, the pressure at the ocean bottom is 18,000 psi