Cebu James

THFC - Spurs

Salty Dog
16 hours ago, Cebu James said:

I have tried in vain to get along with some of the forums that have been available, and to be honest without much success.

You should feel right at home here then...

We already have more than our fair share of malcontents...:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

SkyMan
17 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

Which team has a chicken as mascot anyway?

And why is it standing on a basketball?

• Like 2

Sealover

Sir James I have an advice for you, if you want to talk football and Tottenham Hotspurs try their fan club, this forum is not the right place. I have many interests but don't force my interest to other people,  the same with religion, even football is more important than religion.

• Like 2

Davaoeno
52 minutes ago, Sealover said:

Sir James I have an advice for you, if you want to talk football and Tottenham Hotspurs try their fan club, this forum is not the right place. I have many interests but don't force my interest to other people,  the same with religion, even football is more important than religion.

I have no problem with a member looking for like minded members on Linc.  I see no attempt to force his interest on anyone.  Anyone who isnt interested can easily just read another thread .     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sealover
2 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I have no problem with a member looking for like minded members on Linc.  I see no attempt to force his interest on anyone.  Anyone who isnt interested can easily just read another thread .     

I just think it's the wrong place and it seems I'm right, maybe better to post in the dart club 

Soupeod

Actually I’ve been watching US and UK matches all week on Cignal TV.

I enjoy the sport 😊

Sealover
1 hour ago, Soupeod said:

I enjoy the sport 😊

Lucky you can follow the dart on Cignal, enjoy!

• Like 1

JohnSurrey
15 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

To be fair who really remembers Canada unless they need maple syrup?

Actually I remembered Canada a couple of months ago because I thought Grizzy and the Lemmings came from there... but I later discovered, from the credits, it was French :(

Cebu James
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

And why is it standing on a basketball?

Hotspurs Football Club, (THFC) was founded in 1882, in Tottenham, north London, England.
Back in the day, the ball was made of leather panels sewn around a sheep’s or pig’s bladder and tightened by a lace. (Hence the appearance of a basketball)
The thick leather, once wet would soon become extremely heavy, difficult to control, kick or even to head.
This medieval monster has no resemblance to the modern ball as we know it today.

The Famous Spurs Cockerel
Tottenham Hotspur crest has featured a cockerel. Harry Hotspur (from whom the club is said to have taken its name) wore riding spurs and his fighting cocks were fitted with spurs which can be seen in the crests of the bird
The emblem was first fixed to main stand in 1909.
This photo probably shows the refixing after building work in 1934.
A new fibreglass version was installed to the new stadium 2018/9
Trust that I have covered your points Gentlemen.
GB

Spurs New Cockerel.jpg

Spurs Old Cockerel.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cebu James
4 hours ago, Sealover said:

Sealover, Thanks for your advise;

try their fan club, this forum is not the right place ; My first search was for a Filipino, Visayas, Cebu fan club, which proved to be futile. I have in the past been active members of the Dubai, Cyprus, Brunei, H.K. & Jamaican Islands THFC regional fan clubs. All run and operated by like minded fans of the club. We watch the games over a few beverages, generally talk spurs. I have been in establishments with 20-30 fellow spurs fans have congregated to watch a match and a couple of rival teams supporters has wondered in wearing there teams shirts. Needless to say there was some lively banter, ribbing and joshing. All in good fun and the 2 lads stayed and watched the game with us.

Before you or others ask, I am already considering starting my own THFC, Cebu chapter.

this forum is not the right place ; I must have the wrong understanding of "Forum", my grasp of Forum "a public meeting place for open discussion".

I have many interests but don't force my interest to other people, ; Like you I also have many interests apart from football, I was not aware that I was forcing my interest in football on others, just seeking like minded fans. On trolling through some of the post on this forum, if it is of interest I make my comments. If not I move on and let others have there fill. 

the same with religion, even football is more important than religion.; Religion & Politics I only discuss in private with those close to me, not in a open forum. That said you could call a church, synagogue mosque or place of worship a "open forum" I personally would NEVER use this type of folkmoot to air my believes or thoughts on.

Thanks again Mr Sealover, wish you all the best in your endeavours.

GB 

Cebu James
4 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

:ditto:

Sealover

Sorry to my comment about "force" your interest to others, it was not right, what I meant is, not many football fans here and the response you get seems that there are maybe more dart fans than football fans in this forum. It's an open forum everyone can post what topic they want, like you I never discuss religion or politics in public and I also respect other peoples opinion, love people with a good sense of humor and remember the big towel for all your tears when Liverpool beat the ass out of your team haha. I'm Danish and Christian Eriksen in your team is from Denmark, a great player I'm sure you already know that, but Liverpool have the best offensive and will make 3-4 goals and Tottenham can't match that, enjoy the game YNWA

Jester

Football is that the one where they try to put the ball in a hoop at each end of the rink?  Sorry don't drink beer either.

Canadian ballet, now that is something I am a connoissure of!

Paddy
2 hours ago, Jester said:

Football is that the one where they try to put the ball in a hoop at each end of the rink?  Sorry don't drink beer either.

Canadian ballet, now that is something I am a connoissure of!

Swan Lake - 8 Canada Geese skate around an ice fishing hut with a partially submerged snowmobile visible across the frozen wastes...classic!

• Like 1

Paddy
12 hours ago, Soupeod said:

I enjoy the sport 😊

Which channel? I’ve seen MLS on Bein2 but it looks like Bein1 (a channel we don’t currently have - when the pitch is not pixelated!) for EPL?