Cebu James

THFC - Spurs

Cebu James
Posted (edited)

Seeking fellow minded Spurs supporters.

Share a beer and a tale, generally talk about football.

Gooners, Chelski, ManCs, West Spam, Not Included

COYS

James

spurs vs liverpool a.jpg

Edited by Cebu James
Added Image

Soupeod

What is this a darts match?

Cebu James

Share a beer and a tale, generally talk about FOOTBALL

• Like 1

Paddy
31 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

I do hope that’s an attempt at humour 😄

• Like 1

Soupeod

:lol:

Haha

Cebu James
2 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Gentlemen & fellow members of this forum,

Background

I have been a ex-pat for 30+years, resident in many countries dotted around our planet. I have tried in vain to get along with some of the forums that have been available, and to be honest without much success.

Now resident in Cebu, I thought I would give it another go, as I thought that it was probably me that was at fault, busy with the pressures of work etc. Now retired, start with a clean open mind. Genuinely seeking fellow Spurs supporters in Cebu to watch the Champions League final,,,,,,I was ready and prepared to take some flack and banter from, "lets say those who do not share my passion for my team".

Now having received the first reply to my post from a seasoned forum member "What is this a darts match". I will go back into my shell and face the scoucers alone than have to deal with such trivia.

Thank you Paddy for your comment, I also hoped that there was some humour in the post, but alas all we got was a " :lol: Haha".

I had my doubts when I read some of the dated posts, Now I have been convinced, this site is not for me.

Good luck and GB to you all

COYS

Cebu James

Sorry in my haste, I forgot to mention;

I purposefully choose my wording on my original posting, knowing that even to native English speakers they would find it hard to understand some of my phrases or terminology.

If one of my colonial cousins had posted "what is a scoucer"? I would have fully understood and replied with in a jovial way about one of my fellow countrymen.

But no I got "What is this a darts match?",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

As far as I am aware several different nationalities play their on version of football, Americans and Australian have there own versions of. The football I was referring to is, Association football, more commonly known as football or soccer, is a team sport played with a spherical ball between two teams of eleven players. It is played by 250 million players in over 200 countries and dependencies, making it the world's most popular sport.

Darts however is a sport in which small pointed missiles are thrown at a circular target fixed to a wall, a individual sport, but sometimes can be played in pairs, especially in a bar or pub type of establishment.

Still searching for the connection or even the punch line,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

GB

JohnSurrey
3 hours ago, Cebu James said:

Background

I have been a ex-pat for 30+years, resident in many countries dotted around our planet. I have tried in vain to get along with some of the forums that have been available, and to be honest without much success.

Now resident in Cebu, I thought I would give it another go, as I thought that it was probably me that was at fault, busy with the pressures of work etc. Now retired, start with a clean open mind. Genuinely seeking fellow Spurs supporters in Cebu to watch the Champions League final,,,,,,I was ready and prepared to take some flack and banter from, "lets say those who do not share my passion for my team".

Now having received the first reply to my post from a seasoned forum member "What is this a darts match". I will go back into my shell and face the scoucers alone than have to deal with such trivia.

Thank you Paddy for your comment, I also hoped that there was some humour in the post, but alas all we got was a " :lol: Haha".

I had my doubts when I read some of the dated posts, Now I have been convinced, this site is not for me.

COYS

Wasting your time here...netball.

Good luck in the final - did they take the old (empty) trophy cabinet with them to the new ground?

• Haha 1

DeedleNuts
6 hours ago, Cebu James said:

Share a beer and a tale, generally talk about FOOTBALL

Didn't expect an NFL fan in this context. Which team has a chicken as mascot anyway?

• Like 1

Sealover

Right by and almost that's Spurs, don't forget the black armbands, YNWA!

Sealover
3 hours ago, Cebu James said:

Background

COYS

Don't be that grumpy, there are more than one sports bar where you can see the Champions League final, and maybe even meet supporters from Tottenham. Accept there are many Americans here who not have football as there sport. I'm Liverpool fan travel around the world to follow my national team and Liverpool play. I prefer to stream football here in the Philippines, as you know, they play at 3 am, but sometimes I go to a Sports bar. Thailand is the place with crazy football fans in Asia and many Europian goes to the sports bar. Enjoy the match, the hope live for you a little while

Davaoeno
7 hours ago, Cebu James said:

As far as I am aware several different nationalities play their on version of football, Americans and Australian have there own versions of.

Am I to assume that in your haste you forgot that there are other countries in the world- such as Canada ?   You are so caught up in verbiage that you are willing to write off a whole country ?   There is apparently a group of expats in Cebu who only allow membership to people  carrying UK passports - presumably they would be able to understand what you are saying when you talk ??

Good luck to your Spurs !!  Its not often that you see darts matches on the telly here !!   [  see , I can speak Brit also !! haha ]

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

shadow
10 hours ago, Cebu James said:

I have tried in vain to get along with some of the forums that have been available, and to be honest without much success.

Shocking!

:sarcasm:

• Haha 3

the.lone.gunman

Darts however is a sport in which small pointed missiles are thrown at a circular target fixed to a wall, a individual sport, but sometimes can be played in pairs, especially in a bar or pub type of establishment.

We could have great fun with you in Canada. You could be the target.

Cebu James
6 hours ago, JohnSurrey said:

Wasting your time here...netball.

Good luck in the final - did they take the old (empty) trophy cabinet with them to the new ground?

Thanks johnSurrey

FYI Harry Redknapp has been sent a bill for £15,468.67, apparently he was the last one in trophy cabinet room and left the light on. Harry was fired 13th June 2012, and no ones been near the room since.

Harry being Harry is denying all knowledge of, but the owners are renowned for being "shall we say stingy" mostly due to there religious believes.

In the ensuing court case Harry will be represented by his dogs, Lou Lou & Barney.

image.thumb.png.d730605b77618bfe939e45f10dbd7daf.png

Have a great day

GB