Sign in to follow this  
Alk

Anyone had their Car Registration renewed at J Center?

to_dave007
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, SkyMan said:

Yeah, as far as I knew there were only 2 places to get a plastic license, RG and Seaside and I was told by the parking guard (actually 2 of them) that the LTO in RG is closed.

Plastic drivers license?..  I got one in LTO Danao a week ago.  Drug test, medical exam, application, release of plastic in 2-1/2 hours..  yea..  5 times what it would take back home..  but I was still ecstatic.

Edited by to_dave007

SkyMan
6 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Plastic drivers license?..  I got one in LTO Danao a week ago.  Drug test, medical exam, application, release of plastic in 2-1/2 hours..  yea..  5 times what it would take back home..  but I was still ecstatic.

I hadn't seen anything on Danao yet and didn't feel like heading up there to find out they didn't do plastic.  Good to know, though.  A little late for me but maybe there are other members in Lacion, north that might prefer Danao.

to_dave007
3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I hadn't seen anything on Danao yet and didn't feel like heading up there to find out they didn't do plastic.  Good to know, though.  A little late for me but maybe there are other members in Lacion, north that might prefer Danao.

Never taken car there for registration..  but got my initial DL there and two extensions since..  Always been pretty good..  Opens at 8 but drugs tests are already underway before 7.30..  so get there early..  They do vehicle inspections just in courtyard for 2 wheels and 4  and not busy..  Smoke test outside and just down the street.  No sign..  ever..  of hands out for funny money. Skip past the guys (fixers) outside offering to help you.  Not needed.

• Like 1

SkyMan
On 5/15/2019 at 7:48 AM, to_dave007 said:

They do vehicle inspections just in courtyard for 2 wheels and 4  and not busy..

What does the inspection consist of? 

Soupeod
On 5/13/2019 at 7:00 PM, SkyMan said:

Most, if not all, Smoke testers do full service if you ask.

That’s exactly what I do.  

to_dave007
On 5/16/2019 at 11:59 AM, SkyMan said:

What does the inspection consist of? 

not sure.. whatever is in MVIR I assume..  but last one I did the guy just checked all lights..  and parking brake

smokey

We are using the smoke belching guys at robinsons talisay to finish paperwork

smokey

Smokey has a guy in talisay.  Robinsons at the smoke belching place who will do the paperwork if you want to skip lines. Get smoke done give to him pick up next day pm me for his cell

Alk
Posted (edited)

What are you guys paying for fixers locally?   Last year I got my car smoked at the LTO near E Mall and he wanted 4000p...which meant about a 2k fee..i went ahead and did it myself, but it was a chore, which is why I'll go to a different location this time.

I thought I had read they are no longer allowing for third-party fixers to renew registrations, but it sounds like that is incorrect.

Edited by Alk

Woolf

Had no problem with my car registration at the smoke test station near the my-bus end station in Talisay

no problem with my 2 motors either

Why call it a fixer, I call it an agent

shadow
40 minutes ago, Alk said:

What are you guys paying for fixers locally?   Last year I got my car smoked at the LTO near E Mall and he wanted 4000p...which meant about a 2k fee..i went ahead and did it myself, but it was a chore, which is why I'll go to a different location this time.

I thought I had read they are no longer allowing for third-party fixers to renew registrations, but it sounds like that is incorrect.

We pay P200 over LTO fees for renewing rego at the smoke testing places in Dumaguete.

SkyMan
49 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Why call it a fixer, I call it an agent

Legal or not, same thing.

Alk

I paid 3130p for for smoke, stencil, and registration costs (I had insurance already) at a Smoke Test location near the IT park...sounded reasonable... The guy said he needed all my paperwork immediately since the 21st is my cutoff date (which is correct).  I gave it to him and paid, expecting to come back at end of business tomorrow and pick up my paperwork.  He then said he wouldn't have it done for about a week, but told me not worry since my registration was legally good till the end of the month. I tried to ask him why he was in such a hurry to have my docs if he wasn't going to get the registration for a week, but I didn't get a great answer.  At that point, I had no choice but to hope for the best.  I had one other dealing with him a year ago, and he steered me in the right direction, so I'm assuming things will work themselves out.

• Like 1

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Alk said:

I tried to ask him why he was in such a hurry to have my docs if he wasn't going to get the registration for a week,

Has to get in before the late fee but doesn't have to get done in a hurry after that.  Reminds me I need to go pick up the Rego I did on my bike a couple weeks ago.

Edited by SkyMan