Sign in to follow this  
Alk

Anyone had their Car Registration renewed at J Center?

Alk

I got my car registered last year down at the LTO office near E Mall, which was very time consuming.  I was thinking of using J. Center Mall this time.  Has anyone had their registration renewed there?  

Do you recommend getting the car smoke tested there, or is it better to so beforehand?

How long were the lines?

Can I get the MVIR (Motor Vehicle Inspection Report) done there?  For some reason I didn't need one last year.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Like 1

to_dave007
Posted (edited)

Renewed mine at LTO Talisay few weeks ago..  Arrived 7:30 and immediately got going on smoke test, etchings etc..  MVIR was done there..  and Left LTO by 10am, all done.  Wouldn't go to that location later in day because VERY busy parking lot if you leave it till later in day.

Edited by to_dave007

Alk

Thanks Dave...I'm reluctant to drive down there in morning traffic, but I'll consider that location. 

to_dave007
4 minutes ago, Alk said:

Thanks Dave...I'm reluctant to drive down there in morning traffic, but I'll consider that location. 

I take the SRP down there to the South Road, then back north to the LTO.

Woolf

I just go to a smoke testing place, have the test done, and pay him to do all the leg work

2 days later I pick up the papers

takes less than ½ hour for the smoke test

here is the location at the green fence https://www.google.com/maps/@10.2581316,123.8199443,3a,71.1y,330.95h,98.45t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s4huQIuZGcef37F2rWSfrhQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

BTW traffic out of cebu city on CSCR is not that bad in the mornings

• Like 1

shadow
20 minutes ago, Woolf said:

I just go to a smoke testing place, have the test done, and pay him to do all the leg work

2 days later I pick up the papers

takes less than ½ hour for the smoke test

here is the location at the green fence https://www.google.com/maps/@10.2581316,123.8199443,3a,71.1y,330.95h,98.45t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s4huQIuZGcef37F2rWSfrhQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

BTW traffic out of cebu city on CSCR is not that bad in the mornings

That's what we do here in Duma, well worth the extra P100-P200 to not have to deal with lining up at the LTO at all. 

• Like 2

smokey

I use Mitsubishi dealer if youbuy there they do the deed just need smoke belching paper

to_dave007
4 hours ago, shadow said:

That's what we do here in Duma, well worth the extra P100-P200 to not have to deal with lining up at the LTO at all. 

But I'm retired..  what would I do with all the time I save?

• Like 1

SkyMan

I don't think the JMall LTO does cars, just DLs. I know the SM LTO is that way.  Most, if not all, Smoke testers do full service if you ask.

Salty Dog
On 5/12/2019 at 11:22 PM, to_dave007 said:

Renewed mine at LTO Talisay few weeks ago..  Arrived 7:30 and immediately got going on smoke test, etchings etc..  MVIR was done there..  and Left LTO by 10am, all done.  Wouldn't go to that location later in day because VERY busy parking lot if you leave it till later in day.

It's amazing how after a few years living in the philippines, that getting something completed in two and a half hours is viewed as being quick...:P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

to_dave007
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

It's amazing how after a few years living in the philippines, that getting something completed in two and a half hours is viewed as being quick...:P

LOL.. agree completely..  but there you have it.

• Like 1

SkyMan
6 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Set out to accomplish 3 things expecting maybe 2 of them. First 2 done in no time.  Popped over to RG to renew my DL. Glad I asked the parking attendant where to park near LTOLTO closed.  Great.  Off to Seaside.  4.5 hours later....

Woolf
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Popped over to RG to renew my DL.

RG  ???

to_dave007

I'm guessing Robinsons Galleria..  

• Like 1

SkyMan
10 hours ago, Woolf said:

RG  ???

1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

I'm guessing Robinsons Galleria..  

Yeah, as far as I knew there were only 2 places to get a plastic license, RG and Seaside and I was told by the parking guard (actually 2 of them) that the LTO in RG is closed.