Sign in to follow this  
liquido

Grab Fees

liquido

It's been about a month since I used grab.. Today I used grab to go to the airport. Normal fare is about 200p..when arriving the airport the driver said there was as an additional 95p fee.. That's half the damm fare.. I did see something about a 95p fee when I booked but I just over looked it..the driver said the fees started a few weeks back here in Davao. I'm in an area in Davao that's not a problem getting a taxi so adios Grab...been using grab for 4 years and never paid a fee, maybe I'm spoiled. I take responsibility but now grab is gouging..

• Thanks 1

SkyMan

Could be that doesn't go to grab. Gov't fee maybe? 

savarity

That's high, indeed.

Even in Manila, the extra for grabtaxi is only 50p.

I just use grab car, and pay via grab pay online, so I have to give the driver nothing.

cookie47

We use Grab all the time.. (either Taxi or Car) depending on who will accept... 

Is there any rule on multiple drop off. 

We attended a Birthday party (On Saturday) at West Town lagoon Mandaue and a very nice day it was. (first time for us). 

On departure at 5.0pm my niece ordered a 6 seater grab car. 

Our plan was for my wife and i to go to   the top end of Consolacion, and drop my nephew, his wife (who had got there by jeep) and child at Fooda (Consolacion) on the way through. 

Well the driver who in my opinion was already grumpy said, no no no I am not allowed to do multiple drops? My wife explained it wasn't an actual detour, just a drop. Anyway after a big big conference he said OK.... Is this right. BTW the cost was P510.. P495 in the morning just for me and my wife... (note... I'm not complaining about these prices just giving a heads up poi to members on what we paid. ) I've never seen a multiple drop menu option on the app but maybe there is and you need to use it..? 

smokey

I never depend on grab tried to get ride airport 7 pm trid 2 grab car one grab taxi all nada f em

cookie47
9 minutes ago, smokey said:

never depend on grab tried to get ride airport 7 pm trid 2 grab car one grab taxi all nada f em

Yes I have to agree somewhat,, 

Grab is a bit hit and miss to get them to come to our Sub division. Even though I can see three cars on the screen appearing to be free we regularly have to get a trycicle to get to SM and then all is OK.. 

jimmyzr1
On 5/13/2019 at 11:43 AM, cookie47 said:

We attended a Birthday party (On Saturday) at West Town lagoon Mandaue and a very nice day it was. (first time for us). 

Our plan was for my wife and i to go to   the top end of Consolacion, and drop my nephew, his wife (who had got there by jeep) and child at Fooda (Consolacion) on the way through. 

Well the driver who in my opinion was already grumpy said, no no no I am not allowed to do multiple drops? My wife explained it wasn't an actual detour, just a drop. Anyway after a big big conference he said OK.... Is this right. BTW the cost was P510.. P495 in the morning just for me and my wife... (note... I'm not complaining about these prices just giving a heads up poi to members on what we paid. ) I've never seen a multiple drop menu option on the app but maybe there is and you need to use it..? 

Here in Cebu, we’ve noticed that 80-90% of the time for us, grab is more expensive than a regular taxi. Every once in awhile they’re about equal, but rarely grab has been less.

• Like 2

cookie47
Here in Cebu, we’ve noticed that 80-90% of the time for us, grab is more expensive than a regular taxi. Every once in awhile they’re about equal, but rarely grab has been less.
Yes agree, We're OK with the Taxis from SM,, but use Grab "mainly" if we're going to a special occasion "from the subdivision" if we don't want to ride a Habel Habel to SM. (about 1.5 ks).

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

RedRanger
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:38 AM, liquido said:

It's been about a month since I used grab.. Today I used grab to go to the airport. Normal fare is about 200p..when arriving the airport the driver said there was as an additional 95p fee.. That's half the damm fare.. I did see something about a 95p fee when I booked but I just over looked it..the driver said the fees started a few weeks back here in Davao. I'm in an area in Davao that's not a problem getting a taxi so adios Grab...been using grab for 4 years and never paid a fee, maybe I'm spoiled. I take responsibility but now grab is gouging..

Davao has lost it small town charm that it had for years, this sounds more like a Manila Scam vs a Davao City Scam.  

I have been traveling to Davao City since 2007, seems like since Duterte became president the city has experienced growth, which most is not good.

Traffic is a lot worse, Many more prostitutes in Davao City and surrounding towns, and of course the beggars are as bad as they have always been, they beg much worse in Davao than Manila.

PlanB
On 5/13/2019 at 11:43 AM, cookie47 said:

On the screen for entering pick up and drop off is a button to add an secondary (extra) drop off. The surcharge takes into account if it is on the way, I have paid about 20-35p extra for honestly on the way. I also paid P95 extra for not on the way. More then fair in my experience.

• Like 2

Headshot

In the Cebu metro area, for Grab Taxi, it is the taxi fare plus a 30p booking fee. Is that more than a normal taxi? Yes, it is 30p more, but they will pick you up at your doorstep. Grab Car is a set fee, based on the distance and traffic conditions, but the fare usually beats what I can get either a Grab Taxi or regular taxi for. The downside of Grab Car is sometimes the scarcity of available drivers. The downside of Grab Taxi is that they often cancel after accepting the fare because they found another passenger along the way. Then you have to start all over again. We have found that the Grab Taxi drivers are less likely to cancel if we text them right after they accept the fare to give them location details.

• Like 1

cookie47
On the screen for entering pick up and drop off is a button to add an secondary (extra) drop off. The surcharge takes into account if it is on the way, I have paid about 20-35p extra for honestly on the way. I also paid P95 extra for not on the way. More then fair in my experience.
Great info, thanks.

Yeh, all makes sense now.. Being a GRAB Car the fee was already set at the time of booking and thus when we asked the driver for a (on the way drop off ) he wasn't able to readjust the fare "I guess" and was a bit "uneasy" with the request.

Anyway we have had a good run with the "normal" Taxis from SM to home,, 1.5 ks.
Now "some" have got to know us and help with the shopping, (we do a big shop every two weeks). The fare is between P68~P75. We always give P100. P25 =approx Au70 cents, Well worth the help with the shopping.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

liquido
2 hours ago, RedRanger said:

Davao has lost it small town charm that it had for years, this sounds more like a Manila Scam vs a Davao City Scam.  

I have been traveling to Davao City since 2007, seems like since Duterte became president the city has experienced growth, which most is not good.

Traffic is a lot worse, Many more prostitutes in Davao City and surrounding towns, and of course the beggars are as bad as they have always been, they beg much worse in Davao than Manila.

I agree...The population growth all over is getting out of hand...

jimmyzr1
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

In the Cebu metro area, for Grab Taxi, it is the taxi fare plus a 30p booking fee. Is that more than a normal taxi? Yes, it is 30p more, but they will pick you up at your doorstep. Grab Car is a set fee, based on the distance and traffic conditions, but the fare usually beats what I can get either a Grab Taxi or regular taxi for. The downside of Grab Car is sometimes the scarcity of available drivers. The downside of Grab Taxi is that they often cancel after accepting the fare because they found another passenger along the way. Then you have to start all over again. We have found that the Grab Taxi drivers are less likely to cancel if we text them right after they accept the fare to give them location details.

We’ve had fares by taxi run around p100 or so and grab said it would cost p215+ on some occasions. Also, even when the taxi driver took the two lane route with backups, instead of the google maps fast route, grab still ended up being p40-50 higher. I was sold on grab before getting to Cebu. The rates seem much higher here than other places I’ve been.

jimmyzr1

Even when we went from Talamban to Mactan airport on Sunday, I think grab wanted p288 and our total was p190 from the taxi when we arrived.