SkyMan

Sturdy office chairs?

SkyMan

Looking for one or two decent office/computer chairs.  Can be used. Any I see have these weak little wheels that break off after a while. Or the leg breaks or the arm. I weigh under 12 stone so I don't think it's me. Maybe some heavier members have found some good ones?

to_dave007
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Looking for one or two decent office/computer chairs.  Can be used. Any I see have these weak little wheels that break off after a while. Or the leg breaks or the arm. I weigh under 12 stone so I don't think it's me. Maybe some heavier members have found some good ones?

surely 12 stone must be a typo.  lol.

i'm..  well..  bigger (18+ stone)..  so the chair I got at Mandaue foam would likely suit you.  Wheels still going strong after 4 years.  and arms and legs too.  Just the fabric on the arms coming loose, but a roll of packing tape fixed that.

• Like 1

lamoe
4 hours ago, SkyMan said:

11.5 Stone (160 lbs)  Got mine at Metro 2 years ago - 5 leg  - net back - seat rather thin on padding (added pillow) - yes still has the plastic on seat :db:

20190513_112419[1].jpg

• Like 1

SkyMan
4 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

i'm..  well..  bigger (18+ stone)..  so the chair I got at Mandaue foam would likely suit you.  Wheels still going strong after 4 years.  and arms and legs too.  Just the fabric on the arms coming loose, but a roll of packing tape fixed that.

No typo. So how much?

1 hour ago, lamoe said:

11.5 Stone (160 lbs)  Got mine at Metro 2 years ago - 5 leg  - net back - seat rather thin on padding (added pillow) - yes still has the plastic on seat :db:

20190513_112419[1].jpg

How much? 

lamoe
3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

No typo. So how much?

How much? 

12 = 168 pounds - 18 = 252

On sale 50% - around 1K?

to_dave007
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

How much? 

Can't remember.. Too long ago.

M.C.A.

Surplus stores are the best spots to pick up these chairs from Japan, China, and the US and many other items, I won't buy chairs other than the plastic ones from stores and sometimes I'll also use them for the computer.

lamoe
27 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

Surplus stores are the best spots to pick up these chairs from Japan, China, and the US and many other items, I won't buy chairs other than the plastic ones from stores and sometimes I'll also use them for the computer.

Just remembered the surplus store by SM City usually has plenty

• Like 1

Soupeod
7 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Got my chair at Mand. Foam as well.

jtmwatchbiz

skyman if you're as cheap as me then take a cruise down arch bishop reyes just past majestic and on the same side of the road there is a huge surplus office furniture and business equipment joint and they will probably have a selection of stuff you want. 

• Like 3