Electrical problem improved, but not quite fixed

I live on the big island of Luzon. Province of Nueva Vizcaya. Lived and worked in the Elevator industry for over 40 yrs. NYC. USA. Yes i have my own line transformer. I have the 200 amps. main breaker service as i have lots of stuff running especially in the summer months. 

Here we have the two wire supply , no third grounding leg and it is suppose to be 220 VAC but as i said i am lucky if i get 190 VAC. Very humid here and i think that is why the connection in the breaker box got a little loosen. If and when you build here i would suggest to pay close attention to the electrical installation. So far all my wiring is good. house built going on 7 yrs. now. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Paddy

• loy

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might be a good idea to check to see if you have the same going on. Our house has had electrical problems for a year or 2.  Kind of minor stuff but still known.  One indicator was the LED light o

Have not post here for quite awhile. When we built our house here the we specified to the electrician that we wanted grounding install. The supply voltage here is suppose to be 220 AC. but at any time

Posted Images

Woolf
1 hour ago, loy said:

I live on the big island of Luzon. Province of Nueva Vizcaya. Lived and worked in the Elevator industry for over 40 yrs. NYC. USA. Yes i have my own line transformer. I have the 200 amps. main breaker service as i have lots of stuff running especially in the summer months. 

Here we have the two wire supply , no third grounding leg and it is suppose to be 220 VAC but as i said i am lucky if i get 190 VAC. Very humid here and i think that is why the connection in the breaker box got a little loosen. If and when you build here i would suggest to pay close attention to the electrical installation. So far all my wiring is good. house built going on 7 yrs. now. 

Ok you have  the 2 hot no neutral supply system, same as the VECO area of Cebu

your GFIC is build into the outlet ?    those are very much more sensitive than what is used in europe

in europe the GFIC is at the breaker box covering the whole installation

the nominal voltage in philippines  is 230 v,  here it is right now 240, it is normally between 235 to 242

• Like 1
loy

Yes i only have GFCI in the Kitchen and bathrooms. Very sensitive. Over here in my area the service is not good and the line is over loaded. Really thinking of going solar. Abundance of sunshine here. Many whole day brown out or black out. The cost of electricity is very high.