RedRanger

DCF - No longer available at US Embassy

Salty Dog
1 minute ago, shadow said:

It sure as hell is going to penalize us. DCF filings make up about a third of our meager income here.

That doesn't mean they won't still hire you for the normal process.

With the waiting periods being much longer now. They can't afford to screw it up and have to start all over.

No More Room for Error in Visa Applications?

USCIS Updates Policy Guidance for Certain Requests for Evidence and Notices of Intent to Deny.

WASHINGTON - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) posted a policy memorandum (PDF, 113 KB) (PM) that provides guidance to USCIS adjudicators regarding their discretion to deny an application, petition, or request without first issuing a Request for Evidence (RFE) or Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID) when required initial evidence was not submitted or the evidence of record fails to establish eligibility. 

This updated guidance was effective September 11, 2018 and applies to all applications, petitions, and requests, except for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) adjudications, received after that date. Due to preliminary injunctions issued by courts in California and New York, this new PM does not change the RFE and NOID policies and practices that apply to the adjudication of DACA requests.

“For too long, our immigration system has been bogged down with frivolous or meritless claims that slow down processing for everyone, including legitimate petitioners. Through this long overdue policy change, USCIS is restoring full discretion to our immigration officers to deny incomplete and ineligible applications and petitions submitted for immigration benefits,” said USCIS Director L. Francis Cissna. “Doing so will discourage frivolous filings and skeletal applications used to game the system, ensure our resources are not wasted, and ultimately improve our agency’s ability to efficiently and fairly adjudicate requests for immigration benefits in full accordance with our laws.”....

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-updates-policy-guidance-certain-requests-evidence-and-notices-intent-deny

In plain English: 

USCIS may start denying any application that lacks a required document, forcing the applicant to re-apply and pay the entire government filing fee again....

shadow
1 minute ago, Salty Dog said:

That doesn't mean they won't still hire you for the normal process.

With the waiting periods being much longer now. They can't afford to screw it up and have to start all over.

No More Room for Error in Visa Applications?

In plain English: 

USCIS may start denying any application that lacks a required document, forcing the applicant to re-apply and pay the entire government filing fee again....

True enough, that ruling went into effect last year, but has not effected the basic fiance/spousal applications yet that I know of. I doubt if it ever will. It was designed to allow them to throw the frivolous filings out without further ado. 

For instance, someone in the US can file a frivolous petition for a visa of some kind, knowing full well that they do not qualify. However, once the petition is filed, it gives them legal basis to stay in the US during processing. Knowing that it takes years to process a case, attorneys have been using this to keep illegals from being deported from the US for years. 

Although many of our DCF clients will file stateside, for over 10 years DCF filings was a niche for us, as there was no other agencies processing them. It was our specialty. Everyone and their uncle processes I-130 stateside filings, whether they know anything about it or not. 

• Thanks 1

shadow

Things are shaking up at the Embassy, we had another approval of a problem case today, another one (in addition to Throttleplate's) that has taken months for no reason, instead of weeks.

Headshot
48 minutes ago, shadow said:

It sure as hell is going to penalize us. DCF filings make up about a third of our meager income here.

It seems like it would be good for you. Anybody wanting a spousal visa in the future will need all the help they can get, and they will still have to conduct interviews in Manila. I can't believe they will drop the requirement for a personal interview (and there is no way that interview will take place anyplace other than Manila). The net result (unless they even further screw up complicate the process) will be to just extend the time that it takes to get approved for a spousal visa. That shouldn't negatively impact your business. The more uncertainty there is in the process, the more people need assistance to get through it.

• Like 4

shadow
2 minutes ago, Headshot said:

It seems like it would be good for you. Anybody wanting a spousal visa in the future will need all the help they can get, and they will still have to conduct interviews in Manila. I can't believe they will drop the requirement for a personal interview (and there is no way that interview will take place anyplace other than Manila). The net result (unless they even further screw up complicate the process) will be to just extend the time that it takes to get approved for a spousal visa. That shouldn't negatively impact your business. The more uncertainty there is in the process, the more people need assistance to get through it.

There are literally thousands of options for help for those filing stateside I-130s. However, for many years we were the only agents assisting with filing DCFs at Manila. That was our niche and specialty, and accounted for well over half of our visa petitions. 

The interview for the spouse will not be effected, that part of the process is done by the DHS visa unit, which is not closing.

Headshot
1 minute ago, shadow said:

There are literally thousands of options for help for those filing stateside I-130s. However, for many years we were the only agents assisting with filing DCFs at Manila. That was our niche and specialty, and accounted for well over half of our visa petitions. 

The interview for the spouse will not be effected, that part of the process is done by the DHS visa unit, which is not closing.

Then people will still need help organizing their files for the interview. That might become critical in the future. And ... if I needed help in the later part of the process, I would still use you over somebody in the US who won't give any personal help. Therefore, it is smart to use the same agency to get you through the whole system. You just need to adjust your focus to fit the coming changes. DCF is out, but people will still need help.

• Like 2

shadow
7 minutes ago, shadow said:

Our stats for 2018

K1 filings     8

I-130 stateside  4

DCF filings  17

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, shadow said:

I do wish I could open it, to see what it says.

Philippines - USCIS Manila Field Office

USCIS to Close the Manila Field Office

USCIS will permanently close its field office in Manila, Philippines, on July 5, 2019.  The last day the office will accept applications/petitions and be open to the public is May 31, 2019.  The office began redirecting Forms I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, to the USCIS Lockbox on May 14, 2019.The U.S. Embassy in Manila will assume responsibility for certain limited services previously provided by USCIS to individuals residing in the Philippines (see table below).

Beginning on June 3, 2019, individuals who were previously assisted by the USCIS Manila Field Office (which includes individuals residing in the Philippines, New Guinea, Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Palau, Kiribati, Tuvalu, Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Samoa, Wallis, Futuna, New Caledonia, Pitcairn Island, Overseas French territories of French Polynesia, and most island nations in the Pacific region that are not covered by the other field offices in the Asia/Pacific District) must follow these filing instructions:

Service/Form

Filing Instructions

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

File your petition by mail with the USCIS lockbox facility in Chicago. You can find additional filing information on the Form I-130 web page.

USCIS may authorize the Department of State to accept a petition filed with a U.S. Embassy or consulate in some limited circumstances (PDF, 61 KB).

Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant(for Widow(er) petitions only) 

If you are a widow(er) of a U.S. citizen, please see the Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant page for the most current filing instructions. 

You may file your Form I-360 at the U.S. Embassy or consulate that has jurisdiction over the area where you live.

Form I-131A, Application for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation)

If you are a lawful permanent resident (LPR) who has lost your LPR card and/or re-entry permit and you need travel documentation to return to the U.S., you can file your Form I-131A with any U.S. embassy consular section or USCIS international field office. 

Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status

Submit your Form I-407 to the nearest USCIS international field office.  

In rare circumstances, a U.S. embassy or U.S. consulate may allow you to submit a Form I-407 in person if you need immediate proof that you have abandoned your lawful permanent resident status.

Form I-730, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition

You must file your petition with the Nebraska or Texas Service Center, depending on where the petitioner lives in the United States.

For beneficiary interviews/processing, contact the U.S. embassy consular section in the country where the beneficiary resides.

Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

If you are a member of the U.S. military stationed overseas, please see the Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, page or call 800-375-5283 for the most current filing instructions. USCIS will forward the application to the appropriate international field office for processing. For qualified children of active-duty service members stationed abroad, the proper form to file is the N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322.

Filipino World War II Veterans Parole (FWVP) Program

You must file your petition with the USCIS lockbox facility in Chicago.  If your petition is accepted, it will be forwarded to a USCIS service center for adjudication.  If the service center conditionally approves your application, it will forward it to the Department of State’s (DOS) National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will transfer your case to the USCIS office or U.S. embassy or consulate abroad where your beneficiary relative will be interviewed.

The last part beginning with "Service/Form" is in a table so didn't C&P very well.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Thanks 1

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

Apparently by the time this thread was posted it was too late for a DCF because the first available appointment for filing was the 31st and they've been forwarding DCF apps to USCIS since the 14th.

Edited by SkyMan

SkyMan

Does this change the process for a B-2?

shadow
44 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Does this change the process for a B-2?

No.

• Thanks 1

RedRanger

This was fairly recent update