Sign in to follow this  
Rexsmith

free North American phone numbers

Rexsmith

I found an interesting phone app called Textme. Used it to get a free phone number in Canada. I tested it and can take calls from the same area code, all free. But I could not make calls. The best feature for me is that people can call the Canada number and leave messages which I can retrieve here in Cebu. All for free, but perhaps there is a catch to all this.  Thought I would mention this...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Semper paratus
24 minutes ago, Rexsmith said:

I found an interesting phone app called Textme. Used it to get a free phone number in Canada. I tested it and can take calls from the same area code, all free. But I could not make calls. The best feature for me is that people can call the Canada number and leave messages which I can retrieve here in Cebu. All for free, but perhaps there is a catch to all this.  Thought I would mention this...

There is no such thing as free. There's a catch somewhere. Let us know what it is when it catches up to you. :o)

Jim_in_Jax

I've used Google voice for about 6 years now.  There is no cost associated unless you want to make calls.  You can link your cell phone to the Google number in the US but cannot link a Philippines number to it.  I used to use it to give to people who required a phone number but I didn't want to share my real cell number with.  It is a Florida phone number and people in the US can call it and leave voice messages that you can retrieve from anywhere but the best feature about it is that you can use it to text phones in the US.  That is the biggest reason I still use it.

Free for how I use it, receiving voice mail and sending/receiving texts.  Costs if you wanted to use it to make calls.

• Like 2

Soupeod
12 minutes ago, Jim_in_Jax said:

I've used Google voice for about 6 years now.  There is no cost associated unless you want to make calls.  You can link your cell phone to the Google number in the US but cannot link a Philippines number to it.  I used to use it to give to people who required a phone number but I didn't want to share my real cell number with.  It is a Florida phone number and people in the US can call it and leave voice messages that you can retrieve from anywhere but the best feature about it is that you can use it to text phones in the US.  That is the biggest reason I still use it.

Free for how I use it, receiving voice mail and sending/receiving texts.  Costs if you wanted to use it to make calls.

I like google voice and use it as well. 

• Like 2

smokey

Magic jack 

• Like 2

Soupeod
Posted (edited)

I now use an app (smart phone) called “Coverme” which gives you a US phone number where can receive and make calls, and text etc...  5 dollars a month.

You can pick your area code.

Edited by Soupeod