Jester

Suzuki Multicab - High Octane Fuel Needed?

cookie47
27 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

Multicabs aren't generally in the hi-po category - the roadsters and coupes are the usual premium guzzlers - my Copen with the D-Sport racing ECU and unrestricted mode needed it - but only once I swapped to the "open" ECU.

Ha ha good information .. , maybe after learning that I will buy one now. Fit a bull bar, side bars, Roll over cage,, Winch, but no, after all that weight I'd need twin turbo

shadow
36 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Ha ha good information .. , maybe after learning that I will buy one now. Fit a bull bar, side bars, Roll over cage,, Winch, but no, after all that weight I'd need twin turbo

I saw one that had a 5K Toyota (1500 cc) fitted into it. Nice fit as the Toyota is of a slant 4 design, whereas these are mostly all slant 3. There is also the F10a Suzuki Engine for easier upgrade. Same basic engine but 1000 cc 4 cylinder.  Not a huge upgrade in power though with the F10a.

• Like 2

cookie47
I saw one that had a 5K Toyota (1500 cc) fitted into it. Nice fit as the Toyota is of a slant 4 design, whereas these are mostly all slant 3. There is also the F10a Suzuki Engine for easier upgrade. Same basic engine but 1000 cc 4 cylinder.  Not a huge upgrade in power though with the F10a.
Thanks, nice to know that there are options. The 4K 1200cc was a very common Toyota corolla engine in Australia and was put into various single seat race cars. Bottom end is bullit proof and when balanced would Rev to 9000.Im a bit stuffed with working on a vehicle. Our sub division bans SERIOUS work on cars (which I support).I will keep you in mind for advice for sure if I buy eventually,, I've also got Skyman up the road a bit...

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

SkyMan
10 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Our sub division bans SERIOUS work on cars (which I support)

If you really wanted to it doesn't cost a lot to rent one of those bodegas with the roll up doors.  Can do pretty much whatever you want in them.

• Haha 1

RR3
On 5/6/2019 at 6:53 AM, SkyMan said:

The Carry is an earlier version, then there was a super carry or something and then the scrum.  The right seat is adjustable because it's the driver's seat in Japan and Oz.  Here the passenger seat adjusts, but not the driver's because of the conversion.

My Scrum opposite, driver's seat adjustable.

This 660cc machine very flex; 3rd gear good right from start, no hacking. I scare mine up to 120 km/h (top of clock), wonder what in real life - maybe 80. If had down hill long enough I could hit ... what? :chopper:

• Like 1

Jester
21 hours ago, RR3 said:

My Scrum opposite, driver's seat adjustable.

This 660cc machine very flex; 3rd gear good right from start, no hacking. I scare mine up to 120 km/h (top of clock), wonder what in real life - maybe 80. If had down hill long enough I could hit ... what? :chopper:

Bottom of hill

• Like 1

Jester

Not say which tomorrow is filipino time

menehune

For the most part gas here in the philippines is very good. Other then phoenix gas that i have used and consume more for the money. And now that my one vans of my friends were using phoenix gas i know they used alot and the van idles very low and does not run as good. Yes i do use unleaded ( reg unleaded is the lower octane gas) cause the van does have the catalytic converter still in it, and has never had a problem with any pinging.

My other van is a turbo that i have hollowed out the catalytic, open exh, higher boost and have lots of fun in. So I do run petron xcs to be on the safe side. But still never had any pinging in it. Never tried blaze 100 cause most part cannot find it and if not too many people buy it could be old gas. And who is to say it is what it is. Just like some they say here they do mix the gas for more profit. Haha

And for the year of cars here it is when they title it and not not true year. Most of the time i look at the seat belt tag of what year it has. If they are the original belts its the most we can go on.

Yes i did have lots of problems with gas in the states los angeles that we had to test on the dyno with all cars. We had a dyno day for BMW M5 and 6 that i had one car do many runs with different gas in different modes that those cars can be put in. He found out he cannot put the car in the highest mode on pump premium LA gas. We could get race unleaded gas that he could. Another customer from other state could get into high mode with their gas. I got to talk with some people in Florida of the problems we were having using their performance products in California cause the gas is crap. So we did work together and had our gas sent to him to get tested. Their lowest octane was better then our highest. So what is octane we still dont know true readings 

• Like 1

menehune

And oh most of the small jeepnys here have the 660cc 3cyl but are using the cheaper non branded alto engine its not the suzuki engine. They carry loads of people stop and go all day never any pinging. And i have added timing to some for better power and no pinging.

• Like 1

lamoe
On 5/7/2019 at 5:35 PM, RR3 said:

Load an offline navigation app (Offline Maps & Navigation is mine) uses GPS to calculate speed - more accurate than speedometer

• Like 1

RR3
29 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Load an offline navigation app (Offline Maps & Navigation is mine) uses GPS to calculate speed - more accurate than speedometer

My Action cam has built-in gps. Have used this to check and present motorbike speeds. 

I like my multicab speedometer 'cause makes my car faster. Also have catalyst, e.g. the catalyst led shining all the time :cool:

• Haha 1

lamoe
27 minutes ago, RR3 said:

My Action cam has built-in gps. Have used this to check and present motorbike speeds. 

I like my multicab speedometer 'cause makes my car faster. Also have catalyst, e.g. the catalyst led shining all the time :cool:

Had  car that ran higher than speedo at high end - got GPS add-on to laptop (before got android phone - 1980's) which is how I knew

Jester

Resistance is futile,  I am outta here before I am assimilated.

Despite all the evidence to the contrary the family insists on using high octaine gas.  The first time that thing has an issue I am going to insist the evil spirits in high octaine gas did it.  And their only hope is an Irish Shaman to expel the spirits:crack-up:

• Like 3

Salty Dog
10 hours ago, Jester said:

...Despite all the evidence to the contrary the family insists on using high octane gas.  The first time that thing has an issue I am going to insist the evil spirits in high octane gas did it.  And their only hope is an Irish Shaman to expel the spirits...

Surely you jest...:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1