Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sierra01

Lazada - Out of Stock

Recommended Posts

sierra01

The past couple of days I've tried to buy 2 different bathroom scales and some perfume, each time i got an email that my order was processing.  And then each time another email telling me order cancelled, out of stock.  Why do they allow sellers to advertise items they don't have?  Ebay and Amazon have nothing to worry about from the clowns that run Lazada.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jawny

I’m pretty sure that the retailer who denies the shipment is penalized. Doesn’t help you, but overall gets bad suppliers to improve or lose profits. I’ve had some odd cancellations such as one that was "processing"  for over a week and the reshipped.  The cancellation was supposedly because my address was not in their service area. I suspect that some retailers learn ways to game the system and avoid penalties by blaming things out of their control. 

Ive tried to order items from retailers who get good remarks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sierra01

Its so annoying!  I've just ordered a power bank for a friend, had the processing email, now waiting for the out of stock email lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Rat
3 hours ago, sierra01 said:

The past couple of days I've tried to buy 2 different bathroom scales and some perfume, each time i got an email that my order was processing.  And then each time another email telling me order cancelled, out of stock.  Why do they allow sellers to advertise items they don't have?  Ebay and Amazon have nothing to worry about from the clowns that run Lazada.

Clowns, I would have to totally agree with you. A couple of months ago I ordered two products from two different suppliers on Lazada. I paid for the orders with my bank card. Big mistake!!! After a week or so I received an email stating my order was being processed and the delivery date would be...blaa, blaa blaa!! Three weeks later I received another notification that both products I had ordered were 'out of stock'. Obviously someone had the use of my dosh for at least a month..After a very direct email to Lazada I eventually received a full refund. It makes me wonder how many others who pay with their bank card, and in good faith, are being blatantly ripped off? It seems a complete scam to me, both items I ordered were to be delivered from China. In future if I order a product from Lazada, I will ask to have the goods delivered as Cash on Delivery..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Semper paratus

I will only order COD now. The last experience was yep after waiting 3 weeks I get the out of stock and had the threaten them to get my credit card reimbursed sooner than 3 more weeks.  If they don't have stock it should say so immediately so I can choose another supplier.  It turned me off so much that I haven't bothered to order the product again or order anything. And to make matters worse it was a 2 part thing. I got the one part but it's no good without both. They came from different suppliers. Grrrrrrr.......... C.O.D. ONLY !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sierra01
4 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

Clowns, I would have to totally agree with you. A couple of months ago I ordered two products from two different suppliers on Lazada. I paid for the orders with my bank card. Big mistake!!! After a week or so I received an email stating my order was being processed and the delivery date would be...blaa, blaa blaa!! Three weeks later I received another notification that both products I had ordered were 'out of stock'. Obviously someone had the use of my dosh for at least a month..After a very direct email to Lazada I eventually received a full refund. It makes me wonder how many others who pay with their bank card, and in good faith, are being blatantly ripped off? It seems a complete scam to me, both items I ordered were to be delivered from China. In future if I order a product from Lazada, I will ask to have the goods delivered as Cash on Delivery..

WHEN  i can buy something from Lazada i always use COD, theres little protection  here.

3 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

I will only order COD now. The last experience was yep after waiting 3 weeks I get the out of stock and had the threaten them to get my credit card reimbursed sooner than 3 more weeks.  If they don't have stock it should say so immediately so I can choose another supplier.  It turned me off so much that I haven't bothered to order the product again or order anything. And to make matters worse it was a 2 part thing. I got the one part but it's no good without both. They came from different suppliers. Grrrrrrr.......... C.O.D. ONLY !

Definitely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wondersailor

As I recall ( and my numbers might be low) that 80 % of users of Lazada and Shopee only do cod. From my experiences I understand why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan

I must be lucky. I pay with my cc and stuff always shows up and usually sooner than expected.  I started doing COD but never really sure when it would come I'd have to leave the amount with someone if I had to go out. Now the tracking is better so I at least know what day it's coming so if I have problems I could go back to COD but I'm ok with it now. I had 1 order of 7 liters of motor oil that was canx after a couple weeks of processing,  money refunded quickly.  Reordered no problem.  

Same so far with Aliexpress although occasionally there are extra charges. If they ship EMS I have to pick up at the post office so p112 for that. Picked up the new stereo head unit for my truck today.  If they ship DHL I have to go out to see airport to pick up. As far as cancellations, I did have an order of 2 items and I fairly quickly canx one of them. Money refunded in a week or so. The other item has been at some sorting station since 1 April.  If it doesn't come in a couple weeks I get a refund anyway but if not I'm out 92 cents. :oldtimer:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sierra01

Going by others experiences and my own I'd say you are lucky Skyman.  Maybe its just the luck of the draw in some cases. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf
18 minutes ago, sierra01 said:

Going by others experiences and my own I'd say you are lucky Skyman.  Maybe its just the luck of the draw in some cases. 

Not only SkyMan is lucky apperently

I have had very few problems with lazada, I always you my Danish credit card

only once maybe twice have I had an order canceled, money back in my mastercard account within about a week

returned a cell phone not too long ago, shortly of it had arrived at the return center the money was back on my account

I also started with cod, but got tired of  I always had to prepare the cash, will continue using my credit card

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sierra01

Jammy I'd say lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan

One other incident... I ordered small plastic items, 2 each of 2 different sizes so I'd be more likely to get the right size. Only the larger ones came and of course I needed the smaller.  I filed a complaint and money was refunded and didn't have to send back what came.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47
8 hours ago, Woolf said:

only once maybe twice have I had an order canceled, money back in my mastercard account within about a week

Same here,,, Signed up 12 months ago with AU credit card (visa), Only two orders canceled by seller.(both items were in Manila,( I'm in Cebu) Money back in account within 3 days. Had everything from a queen size bed to very small packages. Drivers/riders always text before arrival. Totally happy.. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey
9 hours ago, sierra01 said:

I'd say you are lucky Skyman.

I order all the time from Lazada with CC and as you say they often cancel. I've always seen my card reimbursed before they even send the email saying it might take 3 weeks.

Frustrating when they cancel but always got my money back promptly

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47

Further,,, 

I can honestly say as seniors and as we don't have personal transport and HAVE to use Habel Habel, or at best a trycicle (if available) to get 1.5 kms to the National Highway and subsequently SM, Lazada has been as best as we could ask for.. I know others have had horror stories, but I can't say more.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..