Sign in to follow this  
Lordblacknail

Traveling To The USA

Lordblacknail

The three of us will be traveling to the US in July. Wife and daughter have RP passports and US passports. I have 13A. Anybody know the exact amount we will have to pay to exit the RP? Want to make sure I have enough pesos when we go.

BossHog
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lordblacknail said:

The three of us will be traveling to the US in July. Wife and daughter have RP passports and US passports. I have 13A. Anybody know the exact amount we will have to pay to exit the RP? Want to make sure I have enough pesos when we go.

What I generally do when traveling internationally is to have plenty of currency on hand. 

!3a visa for you maybe 3,600 upon departure.  Wife about the same..Kid should depart on the Fillo passport, still gonna cost.

I think you've been here a bit. Just take some folding cash and bite the bullet' we all do.

Happy and safe travels.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 1

SkyMan
2 hours ago, Lordblacknail said:

If you'll be coming back, does the exact amount matter?  Good to have some extra pesos in your pocket when you return.

Davaoeno

Just put 30K  Php in your pocket. That's a measly $600 usd.  What you dont spend at the airport you can spend when you get home 

• Like 3

maximian

You will pay 2,880. Your wife and daughter will pay 1,620 pesos each if they are flying economy class. It is more if it is business or first class. If you booked the tickets online there is usually a option to pay whilst booking the tickets. 

I would also take extra just in case. 

Headshot

Jack, don't forget that you may have to pay the airport terminal fee as well (depending on what airline you are flying on). Maximan gave you the best advice. If you have a little money left over after you pay all fees, just stop in the terminal and get something to eat. Since you have been busy taking household goods to your wife's family in Mindanao, I assume that you guys are finally moving back to the US, which would be why you are trying to tie down the cost (and not have too much left over). 

Woolf

terminal fee mactan  international  is  850 php  domestic is should be 200 php

if flying international out manila  terminal fee should be included in ticket price

Davaoeno
22 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Jack, don't forget that you may have to pay the airport terminal fee as well (depending on what airline you are flying on). Maximan gave you the best advice. If you have a little money left over after you pay all fees, just stop in the terminal and get something to eat. Since you have been busy taking household goods to your wife's family in Mindanao, I assume that you guys are finally moving back to the US, which would be why you are trying to tie down the cost (and not have too much left over). 

If the OP is not coming back it would be nice to have that little detail mentioned  when the question was asked hehe

• Like 2

SkyMan
2 hours ago, maximian said:

You will pay 2,880. Your wife and daughter will pay 1,620 pesos each if they are flying economy class. It is more if it is business or first class. If you booked the tickets online there is usually a option to pay whilst booking the tickets. 

I would also take extra just in case. 

13As also pay TT.  TT is p1620 unless 1st class which is more.  BClass isn't listed any different so I assume it is same as cattle class.  As for terminal fee, check the fees on your ticket to see if you already paid it.  When I flew out on PAL, I had the opportunity to pay TT with the tickets and the price given was ok so I did.  

20 minutes ago, Woolf said:

terminal fee mactan  international  is  850 php  domestic is should be 200 php

if flying international out manila  terminal fee should be included in ticket price

Are people dumb enough to fly out of Manila?  Unless they live there of course.  Who would do that?

10 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

If the OP is not coming back it would be nice to have that little detail mentioned  when the question was asked hehe

Indeed, I have some other advice in that case.

Lordblacknail

yep, you got it, this is a one way trip. Just bought a house in North Port Florida so won't be coming back here. I can always throw the left over pesos in the LBC box, which is probably what I will do. But when your poor like me, every little peso helps. Especially when you need everything when you get there that you didn't pack into your six suitcases. Thanks for the info guys. I seem to remember the P1620 but when we went to Seattle last May, I was more concerned with the P70K they wanted to charge me for my daughters overstay since she didn't have a RP passport in her name. And you know that whatever it costs, it will be worth it to have mexican food again.

• Like 1

SkyMan

Ok, so 1 way then.  I assume you'll no longer care about your 13A after that?  If you come back for visits I imagine it will be with the wife so get BB visa and don't worry about anything.  Now, if that's the case, that you don't want the 13A anymore, I would go to the JMall BI and get the ECC there.  They won't do it for 13As unless you tell them you aren't coming back.  Essentially they are dropping the 13A and you go back to tourist.  I'm not sure what the time frame would be for this.  Tourists are supposed to do it a week before departing but this might take longer, maybe not.  I would go now and ask that question and also how much it will cost.  It may save you some pesos and may only cost the regular tourist visa cost of p750 or whatever.  It will give you one less thing to worry about at the airport and save you the p2880 or whatever it is.

Lordblacknail

what is the ECC? I am not going to tell them I am not coming back, just want to leave. 

smokey

I just left and now back with my 13 a i paid over 5.000 peso 3 places to pay maybe 5.800

Woolf

If you leave on your 13A  you have to pay  ECC and reentry permit

if you have receipt   from when you left last  you can see how much 

SkyMan
13 minutes ago, Lordblacknail said:

what is the ECC? I am not going to tell them I am not coming back, just want to leave. 

For 13As it's p2880 to leave and paid at the airport.  But if you're not coming back I don't think you pay as much and they take your 13A away.