BossHog

Brew Kettle Beer with Oranges

BossHog
Posted (edited)

So the Asia Brewery truck stopped by yesterday. We usually get cases of Heineken off them wholesale. Sometimes Tiger Black. Both were out of stock.

They did have the locally-brewed Brew Kettle which is like a Belgian witbier-style.. 5.3% abv. I've had it before in the city and it's good. But the beer truck boys tell me the recommended serving is to get some orange wedges on the rim and squeeze the juice into the beer. So sent my guy to the market to get oranges which do indeed complement the citrus notes of this beer. Nice daytime libation and a change from the usual.

753 pacers a case wholesale.

I know fruit in beer sounds a bit faggoty but give it a try. The beer that is, not the homosexuality.

Googly internet pictures:

1928155939_unnamed(2).jpg.15bf448e53b2a35c4be045c7899c4991.jpg

orangey.jpg.47883e7cb72e69fd9efc16dd48062167.jpg

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

TequilaSunset

Hell I drank Ginger Beer in my homeland Bermuda, put 7-up in beer here in the summer (but I use a strong IPA for an extra kick) Anyway, sounds good... great with pizza right?

• Like 1

streak03

The first time I had Blue Moon, a Belgian style witbier, it was served with a big orange slice in it as well.  Man, I fell in love with that beer, drank probably way more than was good for me in the short period of time that I was back in the US.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

liquido
12 hours ago, streak03 said:

The first time I had Blue Moon, a Belgian style witbier, it was served with a big orange slice in it as well.  Man, I fell in love with that beer, drank probably way more than was good for me in the short period of time that I was back in the US.

Im not a beer drinker but I like that beer also on tap with a slice of orange..

• Like 1

battleborn

It's good beer, tried it at Yellow Cab Pizza w/o orange

• Like 1

Dafey
1 hour ago, battleborn said:

It's good beer

Like a meal in itself! And...has several of the major food groups ^_^