Sign in to follow this  
brand new

Need Input On Special Resident Retiree's Visa (SRRV)

Paddy
On 5/2/2019 at 6:04 AM, brand new said:

you don't pay them yourself?

Mary Jane will get a cut of your fee (commission like) to PRA. However, she does charge an additional fee for their additional services (medical etc). I’d have to look it up but it was around PHP15k. 

There’s a case to say it’s double dipping, but if you were doing this yourself you’d still have to pay for a medical and to get around Makati for a day. 

Paddy

One more thing, even if you’re retired you must have income of some description. Perhaps you have an annuity of some sort that might “look” like a pension? If you do and if it’s at least US$1000 per month, I’d document it and let the PRA “refuse” it. They might not!!

Davaoeno
2 hours ago, Paddy said:

Mary Jane will get a cut of your fee (commission like) to PRA. However, she does charge an additional fee for their additional services (medical etc). I’d have to look it up but it was around PHP15k. 

There’s a case to say it’s double dipping, but if you were doing this yourself you’d still have to pay for a medical and to get around Makati for a day. 

the medical and NBI finger prints and the xray cost about 1500 pesos  total . That is all you have to pay on top of the $1500 usd.  

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

One more thing, even if you’re retired you must have income of some description

That is not true . If you have no income you just deposit the 20K usd 

brand new

Thanks for the input much appreciated

brand new

I have a follow up question.

When I wire the 20k does it have to come from me or can I wire from a company also who knows what correspondent banks charge so how do you calculate the fees?

brand new
On 5/3/2019 at 11:45 AM, Paddy said:

I used Mary Jane. Well worth it. Her business colleague used to work at PRA and he knows them pretty well. He is also a good advocate for you if there is anything in your background that would support the brain gain objective.

Mary Jane will arrange to pick you up and take you around to get everything done including the medical. They even have a contact at one of the banks who can open an account for you without an ACR card while you wait - 30 mins or so as I recall. 

I am having the police clearance and medical in Australia, do I need to do another medical and fingerprints at the nbi?

Davaoeno

yes

Paddy
2 hours ago, brand new said:

I have a follow up question.

When I wire the 20k does it have to come from me or can I wire from a company also who knows what correspondent banks charge so how do you calculate the fees?

You sorta have to guess the fees. The corresponding bank will pass the amount less whatever their fees are to PRA. If you engage Mary Jane (or someone similar) she will guide you through this. 

I don’t think the source of the wire is an issue. The information (your full name, DOB, etc) that goes with it is probably much more important. 

Paddy
On 5/3/2019 at 12:28 PM, Davaoeno said:

the medical and NBI finger prints and the xray cost about 1500 pesos  total . That is all you have to pay on top of the $1500 usd.  

That is not true . If you have no income you just deposit the 20K usd 

You are correct. There is no specific requirement for income. My point was assuming the op does have some form of income (how does he live else?) can he make all or part of it look like a pension?

brand new
3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

yes

Can you give a bit more detail?

Davaoeno

yes  you  need to do another medical  here  and chest Xray   and also get  fingerprinted  at the NBI

brand new

thanks everyone

SkyMan
On 5/5/2019 at 8:10 AM, brand new said:

I am having the police clearance and medical in Australia, do I need to do another medical and fingerprints at the nbi?

May save some hassle, or not, but the last NBI clearance they did, they did electronic fingerprints but also did paper/ink prints for foreigners so I could send in to the FBI.  They said the guy their knew the FBI print standards so maybe they can also do that for Oz?