Sign in to follow this  
brand new

Need Input On Special Resident Retiree's Visa (SRRV)

brand new

I am going to bite the bullet and do a retirement visa. Assuming I pass the medical I don't know what to apply for. I am not ex military or similar but I do have one leg and the other a prosthetic.

So as I am 63 I will apply for classic and pay $20,000 or is there a cheaper option that doesn't require more medicals etc. If I took Human Touch it would halve the cost but maybe delay things.

Let me know what thoughts are out there

Thanks

Peter

Davaoeno

From what I have seen- and heard- no one is going to ever fail the medical. 

The Phillipines has built in fail safes in every possible area to make sure that no one who has 500 pesos in their pocket fails anything . It's not actually corruption- the normal term is SOP- which means Standard Operating Procedure.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

savarity

There's a whole list of possibilities beyond ex-military, check/ask to see if you might qualify for one. You might be surprised.

• Like 1

Paddy
23 hours ago, savarity said:

There's a whole list of possibilities beyond ex-military, check/ask to see if you might qualify for one. You might be surprised.

I agree - and I seem to recall there is a “medical” version which the OP probably qualifies for.

Unless the fees have changed in the last 9 months, a Classic for an over 55 should be US$10k investment plus the US$1,400 application fee plus US$360 per year “renewal”. 

My expanded courtesy SRRV as ex-British Army was no investment, the US$1,400 application fee plus US$10 per year. It’s well worth looking at the options. 

I will rummage through my info and see if I can dig up more on the medical SRRV. 

Paddy

The “medical” SRRV is the “Human Touch” and it may not give the op any significant advantage. 

My expanded courtesy SRRV did require a deposit in addition to the fee - US$1,500

The Classic deposit is US$10k if over 55 with a pension and US$20k if over 55 with no pension. 

I am having a lot of trouble uploading docs/pics of info. 

Some of the PRA brochure

53EC6339-3DE9-4C22-B5FD-009DAE604E36.thumb.png.da9201ed6280c8ff2e10f0a7d708652e.png

Paddy

@brand new if you can squeeze in under any of the categories mentioned below, the Expanded Courtesy SRRV is the most cost effective option. 

Getting authenticated documentation is probably the most challenging activity in the process - followed by getting someone in the PRA to recognize it! The medical, especially when arranged by an agent as in my case, was a snap. They're really looking for communicable diseases and "instability" I think.

This is the text of PRA Circular 012 dated 15 January 2013 regarding the Expanded Courtesy SRRV categories:

PRA Circular No. 012
January 15, 2013
Series of 2013

SUBJECT: EXPANDED SCOPE OF SRRV COURTESY

In order to broaden the enrollment of the PRA program with the corollary objective of achieving “Brain Gain” via the Retirement Program of the
Government, the SRRV Courtesy program shall now include the following groups of individuals, namely:
 Retired ambassadors & other members of the diplomatic corps even if they have not rendered diplomatic service in the Philippines.
 Retiree of United Nations, World Bank Organizations & International Monetary Fund.
 Honorary consuls who have served in Philippine diplomatic posts.
 Recipients of Nobel Prize, Ramon Magsaysay, and other prestigious awards including Oscars, Emmys, Pulitzers, various Halls of Fames.
 Scientists, physicists and top-rated engineers.
 Professors of U. S., European, Australian, Canadian, and Japanese universities.
 Retired military personnel who have provided military aid and training to the Philippine Government via a defense treat or any other similar agreement.
 High achievers in sports, arts and business.
 Peace Corps Volunteers and other similar organizations.
 Retired Officers and staff of USAID, AusAID, and other similar assistance organizations.
 Retired Officers and staff of JETRO, KOICA, MITI and other similar trade and investment organizations.
 International philanthropists.
 Foreign Nationals previously working with international recognized Philippine jurisdiction, i.e. our embassies, consular offices and other
government offices.

Thereby making the above named categories eligible to enroll under the PRA Retirement Program with a requisite deposit of $1,500.00.
Thru the expanded Courtesy SRR Visa, the Philippines will present to the global retirement market the most aggressive program meant to
attract the world’s most internationalized, highly financially independent and definitely accomplished seniors.
The above expanded SRRV Courtesy scheme has been approved by the Board of Trustees per Board Resolution No. 011 dated August 13,
2012 .
To qualify under this scheme, the applicant must be:
a. At least 50 years old with a monthly pension or any other similar benefits of at least US$1,000.00 which shall be regularly remitted to
the Philippines;
b. A citizen of a country where the Philippines has existing diplomatic relations; and
c. Able to comply with all the documentary requirements, visa deposits, fees and other conditions under the SRRV Courtesy program including certification by the concerned entity/organization of the position occupied/held by the applicant.

The Resident Retiree Servicing Center (RRSC) shall be responsible for the implementation of this policy.

This Circular shall take effect after 15 days following the completion of its publication at the UP Law Center.

(signed)
VEREDIGNO P. ATIENZA
General Manager

brand new

I am 63 but I don't think I qualify for anything beyond the classic and as I don't get a pension I will have to pay $20,000.

I have emailed PRA but so far no response.

GBT62
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, brand new said:

I am 63 but I don't think I qualify for anything beyond the classic and as I don't get a pension I will have to pay $20,000.

I have emailed PRA but so far no response.

who did you email ? Cebu branch or Manila client relations (off their Contact Us page) ?

Cebu office is always slow. I emailed them 2 weeks ago (and client services 2 days later after no response) re my renewal payment.  Cebu office responded with half an answer after 5 days - client relations was only 2 days - with a follow up same day.  No follow up from Cebu branch after 9 days.

Speed and complete answers are sadly lacking with PRA .... same as most government dealings here I guess.

Phoning them can sometimes be faster - if you have someone to call for you to try asking in Tagalog.

If you do go ahead - I suggest using one of their agents to assist (a free service I think https://pra.gov.ph/marketers-agents/ ). The process is somewhat involved and they tend to drip feed you the fine details at times,

Edited by GBT62

brand new

I intend using an agent the one I have been recommended is mary janr Gomez anyone have another suggestion?

GBT62
42 minutes ago, brand new said:

I intend using an agent the one I have been recommended is mary janr Gomez anyone have another suggestion?

If you have a recommendation - great :)  With the benefit of hindsight I wish I had used one ...

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, GBT62 said:

who did you email ? Cebu branch or Manila client relations (off their Contact Us page) ?

Cebu office is always slow. I emailed them 2 weeks ago (and client services 2 days later after no response) re my renewal payment.  Cebu office responded with half an answer after 5 days - client relations was only 2 days - with a follow up same day.  No follow up from Cebu branch after 9 days.

Speed and complete answers are sadly lacking with PRA .... same as most government dealings here I guess.

Phoning them can sometimes be faster - if you have someone to call for you to try asking in Tagalog.

If you do go ahead - I suggest using one of their agents to assist (a free service I think https://pra.gov.ph/marketers-agents/ ). The process is somewhat involved and they tend to drip feed you the fine details at times,

The agent gets $500 of the $1400 fee. 

brand new

you don't pay them yourself?

streak03

Mary Jane Gomez is absolutely great.  I used her service when I got my SRRV, well worth it.

Davaoeno
3 hours ago, brand new said:

you don't pay them yourself?

no

Paddy
On 5/1/2019 at 3:36 PM, brand new said:

I used Mary Jane. Well worth it. Her business colleague used to work at PRA and he knows them pretty well. He is also a good advocate for you if there is anything in your background that would support the brain gain objective.

Mary Jane will arrange to pick you up and take you around to get everything done including the medical. They even have a contact at one of the banks who can open an account for you without an ACR card while you wait - 30 mins or so as I recall.