Dafey

Sisig, halo-halo, and adobo make it to Lonely Planet's Ultimate Eatlist

Dafey

It's not just Pinoys who crave for the sound of sisig sizzling on a black plate, the rich and tasty smell of adobo and the satisfying feeling of mixing together all the colorful ingredient of a halo-halo.

This month, the three Filipino dishes were included in the Lonely Planet Ultimate Eatlist, a collection of the world's top 500 most memorable food experiences.

The entry for the iconic pork dish sisig read: "Filipino food doesn't get a lot of international play compared with other Asian cuisines. And that's unfortunate as anyone who has tasted sisig knows."

The list was created by Lonely Planet's community of travelers and foodies, as well as a panel of 20 chefs and food writers who evaluated and ranked the dishes based on taste, cultural significance and uniqueness of location.

The Lonely Planet Ultimate Eatlist is now available in all major bookstores in the United Kingdom and may also be purchased online through Lonely Planet and Amazon.

"The world has yet to fully discover Filipino cuisine. At the embassy, we share the Filipino community's insatiable appetite to show the world what they are missing an exciting culinary experience when they miss out on Filipino food," Philippine ambassador to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Antonio Lagdameo said in a statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/sisig-halo-halo-and-adobo-make-it-to-lonely-planets-ultimate-eatlist/ar-BBWfodP?ocid=spartandhp

• Like 2

SkyMan

Isn't sisig made of all the pig parts that don't make into anything else?  Like the parts you don't normally eat if you knew what they were?  

I'd much rather have a nice banana split than HH.  No corn flakes or crushed ice in my ice cream please.

Adomo is good though.  Humba?

• Like 2

JonnyBravo
Isn't sisig made of all the pig parts that don't make into anything else?  Like the parts you don't normally eat if you knew what they were?  
I'd much rather have a nice banana split than HH.  No corn flakes or crushed ice in my ice cream please.
Adomo is good though.  Humba?

I take it you’ve never had a hot dog or Wendy’s chili in your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

SkyMan
2 hours ago, JonnyBravo said:

I take it you’ve never had a hot dog or Wendy’s chili in your life.

Oscar Meyer all beef hot dogs ok.  I know it's still pieces and parts but no erythorbate.   And I used to make Wendy's chili so I know what's in there.  Actually that isn't too bad but some would not be keen to it.

• Like 1