Sign in to follow this  
GBT62

Diet in a Box Cebu

GBT62

So, I generally try to stay fit n healthy, riding my bike playing dodge-the-jeepneys in traffic etc and on my gym equipment - but last week I had knee surgery again - so am mostly confined to quarters - and no workouts. I had the other knee fixed last August - so its been a while of no biking 🙄

With the local food options (pork and rice), for me that equates to weight gain. So I was happy to see a guy delivering food when I was in Ayala 2 weeks back - it said dietinaboxinc.com on the package - I'd used Lite'n'easy meals back in AU years ago - so I looked these guys up.

WOW - the food is amazing - I wished I had known about them last August 😂 Not sure if others here in Cebu have heard of them hence the non-paid recommendation here 👍

For less than I can cook it, they deliver food to you 5 days a week (great, so I can still eat other cr*p on the weekend) and so far they are on time with deliveries and the menu is tasty and varied. The Salmon Lasagne I just ate for lunch - I would buy in any restaurant - it was delicious.

Anyone here struggling under the strain of pork, pork and more pork - have a look at them (on FB or web)

Below is this week's menu I am eating through :) They also do Keto if that's your preference.

http://www.dietinaboxinc.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/dietinaboxcebu/

image.thumb.png.b236a2814df00dd1825607d0eb6afeb2.png

Edited by GBT62
  • Like 3

Goetz1965

Sounds promising - but I still need to ask - how is the quality of the food ? Are the vegetables cooked, is the meat fresh ?
And how big are their servings ? I mean I can diet by eating very little - but if I get hungry fast than its not a good day...

Do they only deliver or do they have a place to go to and maybe eat there ?
I would love to have a nice restaurant where I can eat healthy lunch from time to time.

TimL

I’m definitely not feeling those breakfasts but, the rest looks good. 

GBT62
17 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Sounds promising - but I still need to ask - how is the quality of the food ? Are the vegetables cooked, is the meat fresh ?
And how big are their servings ? I mean I can diet by eating very little - but if I get hungry fast than its not a good day...

Do they only deliver or do they have a place to go to and maybe eat there ?
I would love to have a nice restaurant where I can eat healthy lunch from time to time.

To be honest - it was the food quality and variety that surprised me most. I wasn't expecting much really, but it is great quality and fresh - they actually say that's the reason they only deliver daily for the day you are to eat - they won't deliver ahead of time. All is already cooked and just needs a few minutes in the microwave (other than dinner salads).   And it's by delivery only. 

Today's lot just arrived - being the "Thursday" food from the list in my orginal post. 

It's a portion-control diet as much as anything - so sizes are "medium" for me :) The breakfast and lunch containers are slightly smaller - more dense cooked food really. The night time salad is huge when you tip it out. A pic of last night's salad is here too 

IMG_2896.JPG

IMG_2891.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

Edited by GBT62
  • Like 1

GBT62
15 hours ago, TimL said:

I’m definitely not feeling those breakfasts but, the rest looks good. 

hehe, actually - I am eating my usual coffee'n'toast or cereal for breakfast.  I am buying the breakfasts for my GF - she eats them for dinner :D and says they are great.

You can actually choose what meals you want to buy - and how many calories

Breakfast and Lunch

Lunch and Dinner

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner

• Like 1