Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

Earthquake of 6.4 magnitude strikes Samar (23 Apr 2019)

SkyMan

• Like 1

Woolf
8 hours ago, Headshot said:

I can't access the PHILVOLCS site. Does anybody know the magnitude of the Samar tremor?

RogerDuMond

Definitely felt it here on western Cebu, waves in the dogs water bowl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RR3

I want also - nothing in here - not even in dog's water bowl :animal0019:

bert

yes do some shaking here in sogod area my wife was in panic  not much you can do sit it out

HeyMike

I did not feel anything here in Moalboal, Cebu.

• Like 1

SkyMan

image.thumb.png.c44453d17d8195ecd7f1aa9bd0085fec.png

• Like 2

Dafey

looks like a score for Olympic figure skating!

Been walking around the property and haven't found any cracks or damage.

• Like 1

RR3
4 hours ago, SkyMan said:

image.thumb.png.c44453d17d8195ecd7f1aa9bd0085fec.png

Ring of Fire is alive and doing fine...

• Like 2

David_LivinginTalisay

As it was St. Georges Day on Tuesday 23rd April, I thought I would drink some Draft SMB's at TongYang Plus @ Seaside, so took Sha-Sha, Anzhelica and Aina along.

49624202_1673561972789815_37938254824960

1) There is no more 50% Off for first 100.
2) There was a charge for 4 year old Aina (due to her height).  There was NO CHarge the first time!
3) There are sections for seating 6  / 8 people together as well as groups of 4 (+ multiples of these nearby).

We arrived about 11:30

image.png.5ef2b5748032a49137d31466f2300dd7.pngJust before 2pm I went to the toilet,  Sha Sha wanted my ACR Card so I could get the 20% Discount.  
She felt that there was something wrong, and wanted to get out of there,  Her 'spirit' was warning her of an
Earthquake.  ShaSha prayed to her Spirit and I did not feel anything in SM Seaside myself.

On getting home I checked the Internet and there was 6.5Magnitude just before 2pm 

https://earthquake-report.com/2019/04/23/very-strong-earthquake-samar-philippines-april-23-2019/

https://www.phivolcs.dost.gov.ph/index.php/news/8234-primer-on-the-23-april-2019-magnitude-6-5-eastern-samar-earthquake

23 April 2019

What is happening at Samar and vicinity?

At 1:37 PM on 23 April 2019, Tuesday, a strong earthquake of Magnitude 6.5 shook the island of Samar and vicinity. The epicenter is located 9 kilometers northwest of San Julian, Eastern Samar at a depth of 65 kilometers. Small-magnitude earthquakes followed afterwards. As of 6:00 PM of 23 April 2019, 37 aftershocks have been recorded by the PHIVOLCS-DOST seismic monitoring network.

Based on preliminary intensity reports, the strongest ground shaking was felt at PHIVOLCS Earthquake Intensity Scale (PEIS) VI (Very Strong) in San Julian in Eastern Samar. Intensity V (Strong) was felt in Tacloban City, Palo and Pastrana in Leyte; Catbalogan City in Samar; General McArthur, Salcedo and Guiuan in Eastern Samar; Catarman in Northern Samar and Naval in Biliran. Intensity IV (Moderately Strong) was felt in Sorsogon City; Naga City in Camarines Sur; Iloilo City; Bislig City in Surigao del Sur; San Francisco in Southern Leyte; Abuyog, Hilongos, Javier, Capoocan, Julieta, Baybay, Barogo, Jaro, McArthur, Matalum, Villaba in Leyte and Panganiban, Catanduanes. Furthermore, Intensity III (Weak) was felt in Binalbagan in Negros Occidental; Cabalian in Southern Leyte; Dimasalang in Masbate; Butuan City and Cabadbaran City in Agusan del Norte. Intensity II (Slightly Felt) was felt in Bago City and Bacolod City in Negros Occidental. The strong ground shaking near the epicentral area resulted to damages to some buildings and infrastructure.

Dafey

Possibly related?

Magnitude-4 quake hits Leyte, felt in Ormoc

A magnitude-4 earthquake struck Leyte on Friday and was felt at Intensity III in the province's Ormoc City.

In an advisory, PHIVOLCS said the tremor happened 7 kilometers north-east of Albuera at 10:44 a.m. and was tectonic in origin, with a depth of focus of 2 kilometers.

According to PHIVOLCS, at Intensity III, shaking in the affected area is "weak" and "felt by many people indoors especially in upper floors of buildings."

"Vibration is felt like one passing of a light truck. Dizziness and nausea are experienced by some people. Hanging objects swing moderately. Still water in containers oscillates moderately," it added.

The tremor is the latest of a string of earthquakes to hit the country this week, on the heels of a deadly magnitude-6.1 earthquake that struck Castillejos, Zambales on Monday, and a magnitude-6.5 quake in Eastern Samar.

The Philippines sits on the Pacific "Ring of Fire" where tectonic plates collide and many of the world's earthquakes and volcanic eruptions are recorded regularly.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/magnitude-4-quake-hits-leyte-felt-in-ormoc-at-intensity-iii/ar-BBWiUqC?ocid=spartandhp

• Like 1

Soupeod
2 hours ago, Dafey said:

In an advisory, PHIVOLCS said the tremor happened 7 kilometers north-east of Albuera at 10:44 a.m. and was tectonic in origin, with a depth of focus of 2 kilometers.

It was more like a heard of Rhinos underneath my bed or exactly like that Redhorse commercial with horses! 

Whole house shaking! 😅 no dmg here, thank God.

• Like 1