Sign in to follow this  
Nick62

Info About Danao

Nick62

OK..I think this will be my last question. Tried to get as much info as possible over the Easter week end break and thanks for the replies to those questions.

After a few days in the city will be heading to Danao where she lives. 

Anybody know the place, been there? Is it quiet, busy? Much to do there?

Thanks

Davaoeno

It is supposedly where you go if you want to buy a home made hand gun 

• Like 3

Nick62
12 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

It is supposedly where you go if you want to buy a home made hand gun 

I won't want one of those.  Is it quiet, busy? Much to do there?

to_dave007
3 hours ago, Nick62 said:

I won't want one of those.  Is it quiet, busy? Much to do there?

Traffic is busy at 6am and 6pm..  shift change at Mitsumi.

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

http://www.danasanpark.com/

https://www.facebook.com/danaococopalmsresort/

http://elsalvadorresort.com/

http://www.intosanresort.com/

Not sure how long you plan to be here but a couple days on Bohol/Panglao with "the tour" is usually a first timer's trip.  There's also Danao Adventure Park but that's on Bohol, not Cebu.  A trip up to Bantayan Island is also a good choice for a couple days.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Thanks 1

Headshot

Danao is generally a quiet little town. Compared to the Cebu metro area, it is VERY quiet. The Mitsumi plant is south of the main part of Danao (on the road to Cebu City), so traffic during shift changes probably won't affect you unless you are in that area. The downtown area of Danao can easily be walked. There is a small mall in the downtown area, and there is also a fairly new hospital in Danao (which hopefully nobody will need while you are there). There isn't much in the way of restaurants (unless you consider fast food places or carinderias (food stalls with small seating areas) as restaurants.

• Thanks 1

to_dave007
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Headshot said:

There isn't much in the way of restaurants (unless you consider fast food places or carinderias (food stalls with small seating areas) as restaurants.

Best choices would be:

• Hukad near the Danao ferry docks.  This is a well known chain with Pinoy dishes (Bill when was last time you went through Danao.. this place open about 2 years now)
  • Mojo by the Shell station on the highway at north side of town.  This place is owned by daughter of (former?) mayor..  quite good last time I was there (about a year ago).. and may have live music some nights (used to).
  • I'm guessing Coco Palms resort and El Salvador resort have pretty good food as well..  but may be pricy for what you get.
  • If you take drive north to Borussia just few hundred meters north of Catmon...  very good food..  and excellent bread and sausages available to take home.
  • Given the number of Japanese at Mitsumi.. there MUST be some place to get a decent Japanese meal..  ElSalvador?

It may not be as much choice as you can get in the city, but trust me, if you want NOT MUCH RESTAURANTS.. come to Tuburan. 

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

to_dave007

Take the ferry from Danao to Camotes..  if you like peaceful and quiet.

SkyMan
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

I'm guessing Coco Palms resort and El Salvador resort have pretty good food as well..  but may be pricy for what you get.

Can't speak for Coco Palms but you're probably right.  I think El Salvador is decent priced unless it's changed since we were there last.  I think the vast majority of Mitsumi workers are pinoy.

to_dave007
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I think the vast majority of Mitsumi workers are pinoy.

Of course you are right.  But Mitsumi is Japanese company so lots of mid management types and engineers etc likely visit on ongoing basis..  I think that ElSalvador was the hotel of choice for ages..  but I think they've build accommodations on the property now..  likely to cut costs.

SkyMan
18 hours ago, Headshot said:

The Mitsumi plant is south of the main part of Danao (on the road to Cebu City), so traffic during shift changes probably won't affect you unless you are in that area.

We haven't been up to El Salvador in quite a while but there 3 main reasons we stopped.  1. Seemed like every time we went out it was there.  2.  Traffic from Lilo-an to there was getting bad even in the evening due in part to road construction that I don't know if has been done yet or not.  3.  The Macaron Tango opened in Liloan and is now our go to establishment.

menehune

I do live in Danao near ctu university that gets some traffic. But yes mitsumi does get traffic but passable now. 6- 8am 6-9pm is the worst of it. There are many places to eat and check out citymall with savemore shopping. Sands gateway mall with the ferry port. Fuel restaurant form mojo ownership. Does have some good food steaks are ok. But the city area, boarkwalk and market place is nice to walk around. Good prices better the big city. There are many resorts to check out.

• Thanks 1

to_dave007
25 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

We haven't been up to El Salvador in quite a while but there 3 main reasons we stopped.  1. Seemed like every time we went out it was there.  2.  Traffic from Lilo-an to there was getting bad even in the evening due in part to road construction that I don't know if has been done yet or not.  3.  The Macaron Tango opened in Liloan and is now our go to establishment.

Construction not so bad now..  even at that g*d d*mn little bridge between Danao and Compostela that took FOREVER to get moving on.  

• Like 1