Sign in to follow this  
Nick62

Evening Entertainment

Nick62

It seems the gf has daytime activities sorted. Shopping, movies, karaoke, sight seeing. As for the evening, I like a beer.

Where is there to go where you can get a game of pool and / or listen to a band...(not discos), and a few beers. Thanks

captainpete
3 hours ago, Nick62 said:

It seems the gf has daytime activities sorted. Shopping, movies, karaoke, sight seeing. As for the evening, I like a beer.

Where is there to go where you can get a game of pool and / or listen to a band...(not discos), and a few beers. Thanks

hi nick if you look up el gecko bar they have some working girls there but wont hassle you if you walk in with your girl they live bands most nights with australian sport on tv its about 13 min walk from the circle

• Thanks 1

Nick62
1 minute ago, captainpete said:

hi nick if you look up el gecko bar they have some working girls there but wont hassle you if you walk in with your girl they live bands most nights with australian sport on tv its about 13 min walk from the circle

Thanks. Will check it.

captainpete

marshall pub used to have music some night not sure if they still do since the owner past away,buiding next door up on the first floor has some pool tables not as busy as tables at el gecko good luck wish it was me going there for the fist time lol 

Nick62
7 minutes ago, captainpete said:

good luck wish it was me going there for the fist time lol 

You have not been to Cebu before?

Headshot
Posted (edited)

If you want to see your lady friend in her true light, take her to a videoke place. There is one in the lower level (parking level) of Mango Square (Lyrics) where you can reserve a private room, have food and drinks delivered, and sing to your (or her) heart's content. It is probably the most popular thing that Filipinas want to do. Did I mention that the rooms are private?

Marshall's Pub is also on the outskirts of Mango Square. I wouldn't suggest any other places at Mango Square unless you want to take her to a girly bar (which I doubt).

Edited by Headshot

Nick62
1 minute ago, Headshot said:

If you want to see your lady friend in her true light, take her to a videoke place. There is one in the lower level of Mango Square where you can reserve a private room, have food and drinks delivered, and sing to your (or her) heart's content. It is probably the most popular thing that Filipinas want to do. Did I mention that the rooms are private?

Marshall's Pub is also on the outskirts of Mango Square. I wouldn't suggest any other places at Mango Square unless you want to take her to a girly bar (which I doubt).

Karaoke videoke is one of the things she tells me she loves to do. I will let her do the singing and i will drink the beer. Haha.

If a girlie bar is same as bikini bar, definitely a no no I would think

captainpete
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Nick62 said:

You have not been to Cebu before?

been may times nick just reminiscing mate and rembering how exited i was the first time

Edited by captainpete
fix quote

Nick62
Just now, captainpete said:

been may times nick just reminiscing mate and rembering how exited i was

OK..understand. I am excited but think a bit more on the nervous side. Never travelled overseas alone before. Thankfully I will have someone there to meet.

Do you live there now or just visit?

Gus
Karaoke videoke is one of the things she tells me she loves to do. I will let her do the singing and i will drink the beer. Haha.
If a girlie bar is same as bikini bar, definitely a no no I would think
This often includes 6 to 10 of her cousins and ex classmates , who you will be picking up the tab for ( not a great expense , but dont be surprised if thats how it eventuates )

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

captainpete

just vist there nick,you be fine just dont get to drunk walking around at night keep your wits dress down dont were flash jewellery dont let people distract you and some one approach from behind ect and have a good time once your there you will see your worring about nothing.

5 minutes ago, Gus said:

This often includes 6 to 10 of her cousins and ex classmates , who you will be picking up the tab for ( not a great expense , but dont be surprised if thats how it eventuates )

also if see is crap singer your stuck there lol

• Like 1

Nick62
7 minutes ago, captainpete said:

just vist there nick,you be fine just dont get to drunk walking around at night keep your wits dress down dont were flash jewellery dont let people distract you and some one approach from behind ect and have a good time once your there you will see your worring about nothing.

also if see is crap singer your stuck there lol

I am a country boy. No jewellry at all and a basic dresser of shorts and a shirt. If she can't sing thats no problem, Am sure the beer will make her sound better.Might even try myself a song to sing. 

• Like 2

Nick62
23 minutes ago, Gus said:

Only me and her in the city.  No big family turn ups. What happens in Danao may be different. 

Headshot
39 minutes ago, Gus said:

It can be like that, but it doesn't have to be. Since his lady friend is from Danao, he can take her to a videoke in Cebu City and have it just the two of them. My wife is from Cebu City, so when we were first dating, the videoke nights included friends. It isn't very expensive, though, so it wasn't ever a problem. I took her best friends out to dinner with us at the Lighthouse Restaurant on Maxilom, and even that wasn't very expensive (by my perspective). Afterwards, we went to a videoke for a couple of hours. They all enjoyed the evening, and she was VERY grateful for me doing it. My evening was very pleasant as well. If he takes her to a videoke in Danao, there will probably be friends or family along. That can be useful to see if they just speak Bisaya while he is there, and not paying any attention to him ... or if they speak English so he can be part of the conversation. It will tell him a lot about how much she respects him.

captainpete
1 hour ago, Nick62 said:

I am a country boy. No jewellry at all and a basic dresser of shorts and a shirt. If she can't sing thats no problem, Am sure the beer will make her sound better.Might even try myself a song to sing. 

Sounds like you will have fun Nick I can't sing to save my life but love 60 and 70 music