Jump to content
Nick62

Places to Eat in Cebu City

Recommended Posts

Nick62

Apart from the fast food joints, where are the good places to grab breakfast, lunch and evening meals.

I don't mind Maccas for brekky now and again but not every day. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe

List what kinds of foods you will / can eat

If expecting fine steak dinning - choices very limited

Some decent places near the circle

Ayala and SM seaside have some good choices

Can take MyBus from Circle to Seaside DO NOT stay until closing or past last bus leaving (was earlier than closing last time I took it) - getting a metered taxi  is very hard 1 1/2 hour wait and grab fare was P400

The outdoor place by the hospital (Larsian - bottom left) is interesting due to the variety of local foods available - make sure to remember the exact number and types you pick (inflated bills same as a tab at a bar :tongue_01:)

The Unlimited Wings is not a bad choice - been awhile - not sure if still includes unli rice, fries, wings, drinks  - here's a tip - so far has worked at places that have a list

Get name on waiting list - there is always one - tell them you'll be back in 45 min / 1 hour - come back and you're #1 or close to it.

image.thumb.png.667f7417f2f4826d65d1b7d3997754b0.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick62

Thanks Lamoe. Think will only be using taxis to get about.

Will be open to most foods, suppose will have to get used to rice for a while. Nothing flash as long as edible and not too spicey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BossHog
1 hour ago, Nick62 said:

evening meals

This place is obscenely good and a real gem in Cebu. Four wood paneled dining rooms in an ancestral house. Grilled tuna jaw is the specialty but they got an extensive menu. Atmosphere alone is worth it but the food is great too. Whole roast goat in the dining room always a good sign! Some of the appetizers are a bit sweet (skip the scallops) but otherwise a great place for a date night. Prices more than reasonable.

https://stktabay.com

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick62

Thanks BossHog. Will check it out. Happy Easter

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

There are many decent restaurants in the Cebu metro area that are worth mentioning, but here are a few that I like.

  • New Orleans - Ayala Center: Their tenderloin steak is the best steak in the Cebu metro area. They also serve dishes that your lady will be happy with.
  • Lemon Grass - Ayala Center: They have a fairly good Vietnamese Pho along with other Vietnamese and Thai dishes.
  • Mooon Cafe - Ayala Center and SM City Cebu: Although most of their "Mexican" food is a terrible Filipino take on what Mexican should be, they have some great chicken fajitas. They also have "Mexified" versions of Filipino dishes.
  • Royal Krua Thai - SM City Cebu: Really good Thai food.
  • Vikings - SM City Cebu: In my opinion the best buffet in the Cebu metro area. They have choices not seen in an other buffet in town.
  • Lighthouse Restaurant - on Maxilom Avenue (next to the Mango Park Hotel) or in the Country Mall in Banilad. They serve the best of Filipino cuisine (many tasty dishes you seldom see).
  • Puebla - Banilad Town Center: Very good burritos made to order along with other Mexican food.
  • Big Tom's Charbroiled Burgers - in the Oakridge shopping area on AS Fortuna or on Juana Osmeña St. near Escario. In my opinion the best hamburgers in the Cebu metro area. They have several different varieties and options to choose from. They also have real onion rings and milk shakes made with real ice cream (not crushed ice like most places).
  • Shakey's Pizza - SM City Cebu and Ayala Center. Forget everything you know about Shakey's from the US. Their hand-tossed pizza is really good. They also have good hot wings.
  • Kuya J's - SM City Cebu or Ayala Center: Decent Filipino cuisine.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick62

Thanks Headshot. Will google them and ask the gf if familiar with any of them. Happy Easter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gus





and not too spicey


Filipino food ? Won't have to worry too much about this.

I think you're staying near Fuente circle.

You'll probably find yourself in the food court at Robinson's Fuente Osmena . Good for casual dining Option.




Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick62
2 minutes ago, Gus said:


 

 


Filipino food ? Won't have to worry too much about this.

I think you're staying near Fuente circle.

You'll probably find yourself in the food court at Robinson's Fuente Osmena . Good for casual dining Option.




Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk
 

 

Thanks Gus. Will be staying in that area, not sure which hotel just yet. What's the food in the food court? Happy Easter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gus
Thanks Gus. Will be staying in that area, not sure which hotel just yet. What's the food in the food court? Happy Easter
The kind of food your girl will be familiar with ..
A step up from street food .
Thanks, you too.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goetz1965
Posted (edited)

Lets also tell the truth about most of the Franchises here - they usually dont cook meals, they just heat up premade food in the oven.
You can easily spot this by ordering vegetables - maybe they are even hot but you will bite on mostly RAW material like broccolli, carrots and such will usually be warm but hard.

Also - if youEVER tasted a real Pizza - ALL of those franchsie Pizzas are just CRAP ! And believe me I tried them all.
Sbarro is the WORST of all, followd by Shakeys, Greenwich, Pizzahut and all. In fact they sell you a big amount of bread dough sprinkeld with imitation cheese and cheap meat. And most of the time even the vegetables are not even cooked but just raw.
Same is for burgers, I don't like to know how much rat is in those cheap "59php with rice and softdrink" offers ...
Best burger usually is BurgerKing - but only when they really let the patty on the grill for the amount of time. How often I got my patty half cold from Burger King in Ayala ....

Finding meals with GOOD meat is difficult, and finding TASTY food is difficult too.
Sure you can eat it all - but usually even in higher rpiced franchises you get ripped off for what you get.


 

Edited by Goetz1965
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick62
42 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

Lets also tell the truth about most of the Franchises here - they usually dont cook meals, they just heat up premade food in the oven.
You can easily spot this by ordering vegetables - maybe they are even hot but you will bite on mostly RAW material like broccolli, carrots and such will usually be warm but hard.

Also - if youEVER tasted a real Pizza - ALL of those franchsie Pizzas are just CRAP ! And believe me I tried them all.
Sbarro is the WORST of all, followd by Shakeys, Greenwich, Pizzahut and all. In fact they sell you a big amount of bread dough sprinkeld with imitation cheese and cheap meat. And most of the time even the vegetables are not even cooked but just raw.
Same is for burgers, I don't like to know how much rat is in those cheap "59php with rice and softdrink" offers ...
Best burger usually is BurgerKing - but only when they really let the patty on the grill for the amount of time. How often I got my patty half cold from Burger King in Ayala ....

Finding meals with GOOD meat is difficult, and finding TASTY food is difficult too.
Sure you can eat it all - but usually even in higher rpiced franchises you get ripped off for what you get.


 

Thanks Goetz1965 for that info. Have you eaten at any good places you can recommend? Happy Easter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
battleborn

Try the Luncheonette at Robinsons Cyber Mall off of Fuentes Circle.  Good American breakfast, sandwiches, hamburgers etc.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
captainpete
1 hour ago, Gus said:


 

 


Filipino food ? Won't have to worry too much about this.

I think you're staying near Fuente circle.

You'll probably find yourself in the food court at Robinson's Fuente Osmena . Good for casual dining Option.




Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk
 

 

also nick if you can stretch your budget a little you can stay in the motel above the mall and food court just get lift down to shops ect,i always stay there when in cebu most central place https://www.summithotels.ph/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick62
16 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Try the Luncheonette at Robinsons Cyber Mall off of Fuentes Circle.  Good American breakfast, sandwiches, hamburgers etc.

 

9 minutes ago, captainpete said:

also nick if you can stretch your budget a little you can stay in the motel above the mall and food court just get lift down to shops ect,i always stay there when in cebu most central place https://www.summithotels.ph/

Thanks guys.Will check all out and discuss with the gf. Happy Easter

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..