Sign in to follow this  
RedRanger

Manila Hotels

RedRanger

I used to dislike Manila and couldn't wait to get to Davao City.  A few years ago I spent 7 days there and really got to enjoy it. 

I found a new hotel in October called Red Planet Manila Bay, which is across the street of Roxas to get to the US Embassy, Two blocks the other way is a awesome club called Cowboy Grill which stays open until 6am on the weekends, and has great food and cold drinks for a great price and the place seats 500 people and it air con, reminds me a country western bar back in Texas.

For me landing in Manila from the USA is always step one to going to my next destination, and since I was able to explore and keep an open mind about Manila it has become a much better place to visit and stay.  

If you get a chance hang out in Makita area and visit those malls there called greenhills and some other nearby mall, very nice area.

• Like 1

Headshot

We like staying at Sunny Bay Suites when we have business at the US Embassy in Manila. It is the closest hotel to the entrance for visas and citizen services. It is very close to the walk-over bridge across Roxas Blvd. to the embassy (shown on the map).

1965058752_SunnyBaySuites.thumb.jpg.ab1bd89d9a3356764be8f3b0fbfdebdb.jpg

• Like 1

streak03

I kind of like Manila.  I always stay at the Conrad next to MOA.  Nice steakhouse in S Maison.

• Like 1

smokey

Cherry blossom 

• Like 1

smokey

its a hotel  almost in the parking lot of robinsons manila ... easy to walk ... and close to embassy and fair priced

Edited by Dafey
  • Like 3

RedRanger
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:11 PM, smokey said:

its a hotel  almost in the parking lot of robinsons manila ... easy to walk ... and close to embassy and fair priced

My last stay at RedPlanet Manila Bay which is about 300 yards from the entry of the USEM was outstanding, it was Halloween and I was only paying 1000 peso per night,  It was newly rehabbed, with USB ports/Electrical outlets and electrical outlets all over the room.   Also they had free : Safe, Split type aircon, Refrigerator, Flat screen TV, Free soap and shampoo dispenser in CR and shower and modern US Style CR with rainhead showers.  Large king size beds with quality linens.  I suspect the cheap price was due to everyone going home to the province for All Souls Day.

savarity

I stayed at Aloha hotel last month for a week, also on Roxas, not too, too far from the Embassy.

Price range was 800-1100p, per night (I only book 1 night at a time) booked using Agoda. Just checked and it still shows up on there for that price. Good enough room, with fridge.

goggleye
5 hours ago, savarity said:

I stayed at Aloha hotel last month for a week, also on Roxas, not too, too far from the Embassy.

Price range was 800-1100p, per night (I only book 1 night at a time) booked using Agoda. Just checked and it still shows up on there for that price. Good enough room, with fridge.

They have a good breakfast buffet   really great deal if you got the breakfast buffet included for that price.   

Stayed at the cherry blossoms several times  not the greatest but very nice to be so close to Robinson's.  Last time I stayed there the had an acceptable breakfast buffet.  That was Paul's old Manila hangout

A couple of times I caught a good deal on the H2O hotel on Agoda.  One of the best breakfast buffets around.

Lotus garden is ok too. Ok breakfast buffet

Casa bocobo is ok too.   Pretty Spartan but ok.  Price is right

Stayed a couple of times in the red planet just after it was built.  You can sit in the Irish bar below and watch the pok poks at the ktv's across the street😉

All are close to the embassy

GBT62

If Aussie members need to go to the AU Embassy in Manila - I did a passport renewal last week -  a close (5-10mins walk depending on traffic) is the Red Planet Amorsolo.

Basic but clean, like all Red Planets - around 2-3K PHP - with a 7-11 and a decent resto for brekky etc in the ground floor.

I wouldn't stay a week - but for a quick Embassy run was ideal :thumbsup:

• Like 1

onemoretry

yeah red planet maybe great for midgets ..so freaking small...I dont get it why people dont use airbnb for the same price i get an apartment and for 3K it sure have pool and gym..

at the moment I stay just across the us embassy in manila and pay less then 2k for it

• Like 1

GBT62
9 hours ago, onemoretry said:

yeah red planet maybe great for midgets ..so freaking small...I dont get it why people dont use airbnb for the same price i get an apartment and for 3K it sure have pool and gym..

at the moment I stay just across the us embassy in manila and pay less then 2k for it

At 6FT and 100KG I aint no midget - the king size bed and full size bathroom were fine - much larger than any pokey little hole in Japan I have stayed at - so for 24 hours was no issue - like I said I wouldn't stay a week.

I use AirBNB regularly - but not for overnighters for important trips  - I have found many (specially in Cebu) had issues to sort out with the owner in the first day or two  - A/C not working, Internet/cable expired or broken, appliances like jugs or microwaves, irons broken or missing. They tend to use the lowest price appliances and generally take 2-3 days to sort out. The last Cebu AirBNB I had booked for 3 weeks - but left after 5 days when they couldn't get "the guy" to come fix the A/C  - despite their great rating and reassurances its being fixed "soon Sir"  - and offering discount/refund to stay longer.....

For an overnighter needed near the AU (not US) embassy - all that was mandatory was reliable AC and WIFI and food nearby - and a lobby for any quick requirements.  The extra 500-800PHP for the night over an AirBNB was worth it for a single night.

• Like 2

KID
Posted (edited)

I liked this place but i am not hard to please. Clean and not far from the embassy and lots of good eating in the area http://www.malatepensionne.com/

Edited by KID

onemoretry
15 hours ago, GBT62 said:

At 6FT and 100KG I aint no midget - the king size bed and full size bathroom were fine - much larger than any pokey little hole in Japan I have stayed at - so for 24 hours was no issue - like I said I wouldn't stay a week.

I use AirBNB regularly - but not for overnighters for important trips  - I have found many (specially in Cebu) had issues to sort out with the owner in the first day or two  - A/C not working, Internet/cable expired or broken, appliances like jugs or microwaves, irons broken or missing. They tend to use the lowest price appliances and generally take 2-3 days to sort out. The last Cebu AirBNB I had booked for 3 weeks - but left after 5 days when they couldn't get "the guy" to come fix the A/C  - despite their great rating and reassurances its being fixed "soon Sir"  - and offering discount/refund to stay longer.....

For an overnighter needed near the AU (not US) embassy - all that was mandatory was reliable AC and WIFI and food nearby - and a lobby for any quick requirements.  The extra 500-800PHP for the night over an AirBNB was worth it for a single night.

well i guess you been misfortune then...I never had a single problem since i start use airbnb for 4 years ago instead of hotels..

sorry i not check close to au embassy for you but it was not my point ..i guess there are good options near there too..

I agree the bed was great in red planet but it was all that fit in the room.. i need to step over my bag to get there do haha...

I dont use airbnb to save money i use it to get better for my money...and also if have pool on the hotel its crowded with tourist...if go normal building no natives there before sunset because of probably working or avoid the sun haha

• Like 2

RedRanger
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:30 AM, onemoretry said:

I am 6' 2" and about 260 lbs, I am no midget.  Now the RedPlanet in Makita is much smaller room, but has the freaking best pizza in the sports bar attached to the hotel, but it's older.  I stayed at the RedPlanet in Davao City last trip as well, I wasn't that impressed with it either.

My buddy stayed at Hilton in Manila, they gave him a smoking room so he could smoke inside his room, and had free bottles of alcohol during the stay, but he was paying like $200 USD per night there.   

• Like 1