bkdubs

Exporting From Philippines to USA

bkdubs

Hello Everyone.

I intend to export products from the Philippines to the USA.

I would like to know if anyone can link me with someone familiar with this (exporting) in your family circle (I can use Google, rather have a trusted referral)

I can and am importing from China, but want to spread the wealth :)

I am having 2 products manufactured there now (in process)  I will be there again in a few months, would like to fill a container if possible.

I will be sourcing more products so referrals in the manufacturing realm appreciated. (finding manufacturing not as easy)  I may need to use google.

And yes i am familiar with the way the Philippines is, and do not expect to be as easy as dealing with China, but thats part of the reason i want to deal in the Philippines.

Direct message is ok, dont want anyone to fall foul of board rules.

Thanks

Brian

Headshot

Brian, you are absolutely correct that you will have to do a lot of on-the-ground research to find the manufacturers that you are looking for. Organization isn't a strength for Filipinos, and anybody who wants to get something done here should expect to do much of the legwork themselves. It isn't that the manufacturers don't exist. They are scattered all over every city in the country. The problem is in finding them because there is no system that categorizes them (so you know which ones can provide what you need).

Daddle

Having been in such a business years ago...my advice is to find a freight forwarder or customs agent that really know their craft. Perhaps in the USA. Getting the paperwork right can save much money and headache. There are some perfectly legal tricks. The customs bureaucracy is formidable in all countries. Being small enough to stay "off the radar" can work. But who wants a business that small? The bureaucracy seems rather arranged to favor large corporations. Perhaps intentionally to hamper the small guy.

Helps if the shipper and receiver are the same company, too.

• Like 1

bkdubs

It depends what you are doing, if you can machine up, its better in the usa.  

Especially dealing with the corruption in the Philippines 

Some of the things i am doing the source of raw materials is the Philippines so better off having it done there.

bkdubs
8 hours ago, Headshot said:

Brian, you are absolutely correct that you will have to do a lot of on-the-ground research to find the manufacturers that you are looking for. Organization isn't a strength for Filipinos, and anybody who wants to get something done here should expect to do much of the legwork themselves. It isn't that the manufacturers don't exist. They are scattered all over every city in the country. The problem is in finding them because there is no system that categorizes them (so you know which ones can provide what you need).

following instruction is not a strength either, the adding something not asked for sometimes just blows my mind. :)

Dafey

Soooo....we have a section of the forum for political views. This is the open forum and should be open to discuss what the OP has asked about. Let's try to stay on topic and keep the political opinions in the correct forum or to yourself.

• Like 2

bkdubs
On 4/20/2019 at 6:30 AM, Daddle said:

Having been in such a business years ago...my advice is to find a freight forwarder or customs agent that really know their craft. Perhaps in the USA. Getting the paperwork right can save much money and headache. There are some perfectly legal tricks. The customs bureaucracy is formidable in all countries. Being small enough to stay "off the radar" can work. But who wants a business that small? The bureaucracy seems rather arranged to favor large corporations. Perhaps intentionally to hamper the small guy.

Helps if the shipper and receiver are the same company, too.

Actually the freight forwarder from the USA side is where i will start, will save me the hassle of warehouse, loading storage and transportation fees while there. as they will have contacts or set up on Cebu side.

Found someone local I shall have a chat with before i get too far in. and gives me the LCL option which can save me from making wrong choices just because i need to fill a container before i leave.

So many thanks....