David_LivinginTalisay

On-Line-Teaching-from-home

David_LivinginTalisay

Now I am looking to working from my HOME in Talisay and doing ON-LINE Teaching as a Native ESL Teacher.

This has grown to be a HUGE Business here in the Philippines over the past 5 years.  

There are the many Philippines Companies or Joint Companies, serving China, and Japan, using Filipino Teachers on-Line (from homes or from Offices).

https://www.google.com.ph/search?authuser=1&site=webhp&source=hp&q=online+english+teaching+jobs+philippines&oq=On-Line+English+Teaching

Some of these companies, only pay Filipina Teachers PHP100 per hour! 

I am favouring a Chinese Company willing to hire me as a Native English Teacher (with 5 Years Experience of working with Chinese Students at 5 x Chinese School/Vocational Colleges/Universities).  

They are offering US$12 per 25 min session. 

They will be using ClassIn  as the On-Line ClassRoom C

image.png.ff3d723cca20ae74465f2fe8b9727027.png 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeDJqLAkpzM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paul
7 minutes ago, David_LivinginTalisay said:

Now I am looking to working from my HOME in Talisay and doing ON-LINE Teaching as a Native ESL Teacher.

It's been popular here, well, I say popular - existing here, for some time. I have a buddy who lives in Sihanoukville. He has been teaching one-on-one, thirty minute classes, for ages. He gets $10 USD / per 30 minutes. I think most of his students are in Europe?

Davaoeno

My Canadian friend in Davao does ESL online to Chinese students. I know he works quite long hours but he makes 60000 plus a month

Edited by Davaoeno

Cyclone

It is okay if you are in area with stable internet. I know of a few companies that won't hire anyone located in the Philippines due its reputation of frequent blackouts and unstable internet.

Goetz1965

A cousin tried that too - so I know that those companies DONT LIKE noisy background at all.
If you have chicken or dogs near you that are hearable then it might get difficult to pass the tests.

Davaoeno

My friend rents a fairly large house in a subdivision - although he lives alone.  I never thought to ask him if the house was related to his work. It might well be though

SkyMan
4 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

My friend rents a fairly large house in a subdivision - although he lives alone.  I never thought to ask him if the house was related to his work. It might well be though

Probably wouldn't be too hard to soundproof an office.

A_Simple_Man
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Probably wouldn't be too hard to soundproof an office.

I was sitting in on a lesson that a friend was giving, trying to learn how its done.  One client complained about the noise of the air conditioner in the background so my friend turned it off.  On the next lesson he decided to try with just a fan on and the next client complained about the noise of the fan in the background.  I was mildly surprised that the clients are so fussy but they are the ones paying and you need to keep your 5 star rating to keep the new clients coming.

Bottom line is that its not easy to soundproof an office.

• Like 1

SkyMan
1 hour ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Bottom line is that its not easy to soundproof an office.

Step 1.  Soundproof the office.

Step 2. Don't bring noisy things into your office.

to_dave007
2 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

I was sitting in on a lesson that a friend was giving, trying to learn how its done.  One client complained about the noise of the air conditioner in the background so my friend turned it off.  On the next lesson he decided to try with just a fan on and the next client complained about the noise of the fan in the background.  I was mildly surprised that the clients are so fussy but they are the ones paying and you need to keep your 5 star rating to keep the new clients coming.

Are you using the microphone within your computer?  I have better results with a good quality USB headset, with built in microphone.  It rejects a lot more of the background noise.  Bought it in one of the stores in SM Cyberzone.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

David_LivinginTalisay

https://www.superprof.co.uk/native-esl-teacher-giving-line-lessons-8gmt-that-appeal-students-interests-goals.html

I signed up to SuperProf.co.UK.

It cost me NOTHING and I have found a Spanish guy working in Madrid that wants to improve his English Pronunciation, to improve his promotion prospects.  He pays SuperProf a 1 off 'Finders Fee' if the Demo Class is successful and I confirm the Student has connected with me for Tuition/Coaching.  
From that point on it is between me and the Student.  I get paid via PayPal.

I have since amended my SuperProf Advert, to show only On-Line Lessons +8GMT
Since the guy in Madrid is working to 5 pm (1&:00) and it takes him 30 min to get home, the  1 Hour Class is 23:30 - 00:30 in Philippines Time (+8GMT) ie 6 hours later (as Spaid is +2GMT currently).

A girl from France and a girl in Brazil also contacted me via SuperProf,
But neither followed up on my Introduction E-mail, confirming that the 1st Demo Class is FREE.  I sent them both another e-mail to try and learn why they were not interested in the free Demo Class, but no reply to that either!

The 6 hours Time Difference could be problematic for France, as I have may have to teach during the night to accommodate anyone wanting evening classes.  Brazil is 11 hours difference, so 7 pm at night there is 6am in the Philippines.

The best deal seems to be a Chinese start-up On-Line Education Company, that has selected ClassInn as their Teaching Platform.   When they get established and set up with Schools in poorer areas that can't afford to hire Native English Teachers, but a 25 min Class Session On Line may be very efficient and cost effective.
599d5ae7edfad_11.thumb.jpg.ed8d9fa73b2d7bb22dd271dc6e5c826d.jpg

Key features
index_iocn_1.png
Multiple courseware formats
Supports courseware formats including
PPT with animation, video, audio, MS
Word and PDF; formats can be
combined for each teaching session

index_iocn_2.png
Group video and voice calls
Up to 16 participants per teaching
a session with video windows that can be
dragged or zoomed; suitable for group
learning, interviews and presentations

index_iocn_3.png
Interactive whiteboards
Supports learning in an immersive
environment by pre-editing, drawing,
sharing content and multi-page
scrolling with multiple users

XDF, the largest educational institute
starts to build China’s first online school

Spoiler

The challenge
XDF is the largest education institute in China. It has a K-12 program called “You Neng” that reaches two million students each year. XDF has opened more than 50 teaching centers around China, but only in 2nd tier cities (Chinese cities are commonly classified into tiers— 1st tier cities are the most developed and 5th tier cities are the least developed).
It is challenging for offline education companies to expand to other tiers.
How can XDF maintain sustainable business growth and reach students in tier 3 and 4 cities?

The challenge
XDF is the largest education institute in China. It has a K-12 program called “You Neng” that reaches two million students each year. XDF has opened more than 50 teaching centers around China, but only in 2nd tier cities (Chinese cities are commonly classified into tiers— 1st tier cities are the most developed and 5th tier cities are the least developed). It is challenging for offline education companies to expand to other tiers. How can XDF maintain sustainable business growth and reach students in tier 3 and 4 cities?

They chose to work with ClassIn because ClassIn exceeded those requirements. Since then, XDF has used ClassIn to teach nearly every subject and created opportunities for students in tier 3 and 4 cities to take high quality classes.
The results
XDF is growing sustainably and gaining brand influence in tier 3 and 4 cities by delivering quality classes to customers. Today, the K-12 online program reaches 20,000 students and enrollment is growing. XDF has become a leader in the online education industry.

So How Much can you earn?

US$12 for a 25 min Session  has been proposed to me, for Teaching from Home.
8 x Sessions from 8am to 12 Noon (with 5 min break between Classes =US$96 for 3 hr 20min teaching).
If it develops to every morning per week, then that is USD480/week and USD1,920/month.

1920 US Dollar equals Philippine Peso 98,348.16 
Considering I was earning PHP40,000 (with a PHP15,000 Travel Allowance) for Teaching @ Hello Cebu for 8 hours a day, x 5 days per week for 4+ weeks, this 8 mornings only a week, is going to be pretty good (assuming it grows to such level).  There will also be Premium Classes like 'Training Schools' that have just 3-4 students (graded so all at about the same level of English ability) for 55 min Session.  In China, such Classes pay CNY200/session (US$30/PHP1,540).

Many of the On-Line Teaching Companies in the Philippines exploit Philipino Teachers, by paying them only PHP100/hour or less:-

Sudden Slot

- P10/25 minutes ⇒ P55/25 minutes

*Limited time offer. Get more incentives!

Disclaimer: Incomplete lessons, including, but not limited to, internet connection problems, computer problems, and low evaluation from students, may be considered as a failure of conducting the lesson and shall not be credited.

Booked Slot

- P60/slot

Booked Slot means the lesson that is reserved with specific date and time the student will take a lesson.

Student delay Cancellation

- P20/slot

A Booked Slot will be cancelled automatically if a student won't show up after five minutes, but you will receive the fee.

*The fees may vary depending on the promos.

Incentives

- P2,200/one time

Condition: When you successfully completed 100 slots (Sudden and Booked) in two weeks after your account was activated.

Lesson Incentive

- P550/pay period

Condition: When you successfully completed 100 slots (Sudden and Booked) during a pay period. 

No Cancellation Incentive

- P550/pay period

Condition: When you successfully completed 20 Booked Slots without your side’s cancellation during a pay period.

Introducing Tutors Incentive

- P550

Condition: To a tutor who introduced another tutor. When an introduced tutor successfully completed the first lesson in two weeks after his/her account was activated.

※ We reserve the right to modify Tutor Fee And Incentives at any time without prior notice.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Recruitment Team

NativeCamp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

David_LivinginTalisay

logo.png 

51Talk.com focus is on Chinese Students and advertises for Filippino Teachers.  They will consider Native English Teachers (but seem to operate a bit like Call Centers like Sykes.com and others i.e. everyone starts at the bottom on same base salary.  Those that show promise can get promoted to Group Leaders or Trainers).   They advertise a LOT and seems if one fails any stage of their Recruitment as not meeting their standards (you are blocked from carrying on and barred from re-applying).
Have a good Internet connection, if you want to apply to 51Talk.com (pronounced "fiy-vWon Taalk").

header_logo-523bc94e450a66eff260964e47ecfd8c05004845efe854adc9e20e9e10f3cb83.png 
Best Teacher deal with Japanese Students 

They have 3 Section - 1) Writing Room, 2), Correction Room, 3) Skype Room

I noticed the Best Teacher Skype Room Rate is 340 Japanese yen per  Skype Lesson (25 min) (from Nov, 2014)  340 JPY =156.706 PHP   (so one might be able to earn PHP314/hour).
Their hours are early morning, evenings and weekends (and JST is +9 GMT).

logo.png

https://www.bizmates.ph/careers.html  

Another On-Line Teaching that Focus on Japanese students, but mainly Business people.

• To teach Business English to Japanese professionals using the Bizmates methodology
  • To guide Japanese professionals in their business communications concerns

Mon-Fri          4AM-9AM 5PM-12MN
Sat-Sun          6AM-11AM 5PM-12M

• Availability on SUNDAYS is a plus
  • Part-Time and Full-Time positions available

Job Requirements

• Preferably with a Bachelor’s/Associate’s Degree from a reputable college or university
  • If undergraduate, must have at least 3 years of work experience in the relevant field
  • Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
  • Basic computer skills and above-average Skype skills
  • At least 3 years of working experience (teaching experience or other professional fields)
  • Overseas work or study-abroad experience, Japanese language skills, management experience, availability on Sundays, BPO experience are a plus
  • At least 23 years old
  • Available to teach at least 10 hours per week

Technical Requirements

• High-speed and stable internet connection
    (at least 1Mbps for download and 0.50 Mbps for upload)
  • Direct DSL/LAN cable connection only (NOT WiFi)
  • Desktop/Laptop PC only (no tablets or smart phones allowed)
  • Latest FULL version of Skype for Windows or Mac
    A working headset with microphone (with noise cancellation properties preferred)
  • Webcam
  • A quiet, well-lit area at home to conduct classes (preferably with a white background)

Again it is a bit like a Call Center in it's structure, with everyone starting @ Php140/hour. Move up to higher positions such as Assessor, Mentor, Supervisor, etc and earn up to Php220/hour.

I do not know about you, but these Rates of PHP140-220 hour don't seem that attractive?

I was earning 131 CNY/hour Teaching in China (PHP916/hour) and more.

David_LivinginTalisay

As an update, getting that upgrade to PLDT Home Fibr 'Plan 1899 Unli' for just an extra PHP600pm was a goood move as absolutely no Quality problems and Pass the Technical Checks easily now.  

I am working as a Part Time Native English Teacher for DaDaABC.   
So I am teaching Chinese Children from age 4 to 16 On-line, Part Time, from my home.

What is GOOD about DaDaABC is the following:-
They employ Native ESL Teachers with a Degree (having a Teaching Certificate is useful, as is Teaching Experience - In-Class and or On-Line).
You can work from anywhere in the World as long as you pass the Technical Quality Check.  This usually means having wired LAN Cable from PC/Laptop to the DSL/Fiber Modem. and decent speed connection (not WiFi or Mobile LTE).
They offered me CNY120/Hour from Day 1.
It was incredibly quick and Easy to get to being offered a Part Time Contract,  I went with 6 Months rather than 12 Months.  I will review and negotoiate for extended New Contract of 12 Months.
There is good Support from other Native ESL DaDaABC Teachers via 2 x Facebook Groups.

They do not have any restrictions about you working for other On-Line Companies (provided they do NOT interfere with your Scheduled DaDaABC Classes.

One gets paid 50% if you are in Attendance, but no Class Booked
(You may get last minute substitute Classes or Trial Classes or Student Level Assessments).

It's not all GOOD!
Sometimes their Chrome Browser based Teacher Center has some Technical Problems. 
But doing a Refresh and calling for HELP can oftern sort these problems out.
Ones Booked Classes can change - Cancelled or altered to new Courseware.
Trail Classes can be deleted or Added and these are 14 min, you may have 2 such in Place of Cancelled Class (with just a 2 min break from 1st Finishing and 2nd Starting.

This is my DaDaABC Schedule:-

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday

10:04-11:38

17:56-18:58

19:32-21:06

10:04-11:38

I can add more as 'Part Time Classes (no Standby 50% pay)

DadaABC limit the number of Classes one can schedule. 
They do not like/allow Consecutive Classes and Consecutive Days.  They suggest taking Breaks.  Their Peak times are Evenings and Weekends all Day.

• Like 4

rizla

Last summer I was chatting with a Canadian in Argao, who was doing online teaching, he said it was hateful work especially with Korean students, he did enjoy teaching Chinese and Japanese though, just that the company he used had far more Koreans than any other countries, he told me he was making between 1500-2000US$ a month, and only needed to work 3 months then rest for 3 when he and his family toured around Phils. So it sounds a great way to make some cash, but it can be anti-social hours and very tiring as I understand it.

• Like 1

Paul
7 hours ago, David_LivinginTalisay said:

They offered me CNY120/Hour from Day 1.

Not bad. $760.00 / month, tax free, for 10.5 hours work, in the comfort of your own home. Maybe run multiple internet connections (failover) to guarantee 99.9% online access?