Green vs yellow bananas

Kahuna
8 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

It sounds good in theory but our Linc banana expert has told us that the people " have no money!"

Isn't that how the French Revolution started ( because the people "had no bread" )

You wouldn't be inciting a banana revolution would you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oztony

• hyaku

• Davaoeno

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bought some bananas this morning. Export quality highland Sweetio bananas from the Dole plantations on Mindanao. Mostly they get shipped to Japan but we got some. Buying them was fairly straight-

Wife says the green narnies taste nicer particularly when making halo halo.....

Or.....you could look at it as a win win , the seller has achieved asking price and the buyer is happy with that price .....hence the sale occurred. 

Posted Images

oztony
6 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Isn't that how the French Revolution started ( because the people "had no bread" )

Well lets avoid the LinC Revolution and continue sucking on the bananas here ....

I tried the pink ones that they have in the PI and found them to be rather tasteless , had the miniature ones soaked in tuba (alcohol from the coconut tree) once ...that was an experience. :)

• Like 3
Soupeod
1 hour ago, RangerUp said:

A bigger win for the buyer.

Bigger win for the seller comes after raising the price, and getting paid more.

But not raising the price too high, then you won't ever sell a thing! :rofl:

So basically common sense.

• Haha 1
oztony

And here I present yellowis humungous ....

image.png.b4831056ec3bad0460417195d351a6ec.png

Edited by oztony
  • Like 2
hyaku

We have a lot of bananas. I guess  that's because my partner is from Mindanao and her father was wait for it.............. A banana farmer.

Unless it a big business there is not much money to be made from it. That's why she is good at climbing and used to forage for other stuff to eat.

She left there. Father was found dead in the banana's his head smashed in by a shabu addict. They caught him and his supplier who was a local PNP Officer. If it's a banana? I eat it! Dont really worry what kind it is. I would think most Filipino think the same way as long as it fills their stomachs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, RangerUp said:

If they don't care what kind it is, why would they pay ten times more for one, than the other? 

Because they can and they want to, if you need a further explanation, ask them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
oztony
10 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

I wasn't asking you,

That is irrelevant ... the comment / question was public and therefore positioned for others to respond... it is a forum. 

Crikey...we are chatting about bananas there shouldn't be any need for anyone to get bent out of shape here, I wonder if it is possible for us to find that funny spot we all have somewhere and continue with that.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
oztony

image.png.c4a442ba0687ca1d45a2da8255a17801.png

hyaku
5 hours ago, RangerUp said:

If they don't care what kind it is, why would they pay ten times more for one, than the other? 

FFS who cares. It's just "bananas" Why is it you can read my posts? I  blocked you. Admin is the block feature working? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Sealover

Old grumpy who quarrel about bananas, that's funny

• Haha 1
oztony
46 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

:lol:

More like old grumpy who don't have an answer to a question, so they don't want it asked.

They may not have the answer , do you expect them to run around and ask the locals on you behalf ? ...because you have an itchy spot that just isn't going to go away until you get the rhyme and reasoning as to why people prefer to consume a certain type of banana ...have you considered that the other people here don't really care why there is a preference for the more expensive type ? And maybe everyone else is not as consumed in the pursuit of the answer to this as you are ... Why do we have to be where we are now ?  

Have you even bothered to ask anyone outside this forum the answer to your question ? 

Edited by oztony
  • Like 3
Soupeod
9 hours ago, RangerUp said:

Who is they?

RogerDuMond
3 hours ago, RangerUp said:

:lol:

More like old grumpy who don't have an answer to a question, so they don't want it asked.

Let me try to phrase my answer differently. You are asking a group of expats why locals would pay more for something they like rather than buy a cheaper product that they don't like. I am willing to bet that no other expat on this list cares why, and probably has never asked that question. If I wanted to know the answer to that question, I would go out and ask the locals that you are talking about and not waste my time trying to get an answer from expats who don't know and don't care why the locals buy a certain banana. 

You can ask any question you want to ask, but why get upset when no ones knows the answer and points you to the source for the answer.

• Like 2
Soupeod
29 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

The question remains: If they don't care what kind it is, why would they pay ten times more for one, than the other? 

My question remains, because of where are those "They" people you are talking about, I know where Hyk lives and those folks perspectives. Who are you trying to get a perspective from? Cebu? Manila?  That's why I asked.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

d6255859_32238-Beating-Dead-Horse-gif-7zfM.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1