Sign in to follow this  
Cgu

Philippines, getting safer?

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

Next door neighbor's house (a Filam couple in there 80s) broken into at about 3AM this morning for the second time.  First time was possibly an inside job with a maid leaving an upstairs window open.  This time came in a kitchen window.  Both times made it into their bedroom while they slept and they've had a guard 6PM to 6AM since they moved in.  Took a bag and his shotgun.  Guard shot at the guy which caused him to drop the shotgun.  Pulis were called, just arrived.  5 hour response time.  I'm told they are here because the guard went to the station himself after duty.   Stay Safe!!

Maybe now he'll listen to me about getting a dog or two.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2

Goetz1965

We have Karate Summer Classes now.
Until end of may I will improve my karate even more.
If that doesn't give you confidence in more safety you better fly home !

• Haha 1

JamesMusslewhite

Safe enough here on my little island in Mindanao, Last 3 years crime stats: 0-murders, 0-burglary, 0-assults and 0-vehicular accidents.

• Like 1

Soupeod
Posted (edited)

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1105638/working-student-owner-slain-in-cebu-city-coffee-shop

Working student, owner slain in Cebu City coffee shop

By: Ador Vincent Mayol - Senior Reporter / @adorCDN

Inquirer Visayas / 02:10 PM April 11, 2019

CEBU CITY — And the killings continue.

Two unidentified persons shot dead two persons and critically wounded two others inside a coffee shop in Barangay Cogon Ramos, Cebu City on Wednesday.

John Michael Hermoso, one of the owners of The Good Cup Coffee Company, and its employee Kit Tryvl Ramos died of bullet wounds on their heads.

Ramos was about to close the shop when the assailants entered and shot her, Hermoso, and her coworkers.

Coffee shop workers Sherwin Dean Rivera and Jerome Amada were wounded and were now recuperating.

Bong Abella, one of the five owners of the coffee shop, said Hermoso was supposed to be in Boston on Thursday to compete at the 2019 World Coffee Championships after being hailed as the champion in the Philippine Brewer’s Cup last month.

“John Michael is one of our managing partners, a passionate individual driven to serve the coffee industry, not just in Cebu but the whole Philippines,” he said in a statement.

Ramos, on the other hand, was a working student at the coffee shop, who was supposed to graduate this June 2019 at the University of the Philippines Cebu.

“It is sad that they could no longer pursue their aspirations. We call for justice and prayers for the victims,” Abella said.

Rivera and Amada, he said, were being taken cared of at a private hospital. Abella said they were cooperating with the police to identify the perpetrators and the motive behind the killing.

“The Good Cup management never expected this to happen. We assure everyone that we will work with the best of our abilities to ensure that justice will be served for them,” he said.

Major. Eduard Sanchez, chief of the Abellana Police Station, said they were considering all angles in the killings.

“But right now, we’re more inclined to believe that personal grudge toward the owner may have something to do with the attack,” he said in an interview.

The investigation showed that the gunman was wearing a helmet when he barged into the coffee shop and shot the victims. He went out of the establishment and boarded a motorcycle driven by another man.

The College Editors Guild of the Philippines (CEGP) condemned the latest killings, saying the culture of impunity has “emboldened murderers to openly boast their weapons and shoot people.

“We will not stop calling for justice for Kis and her coworkers,” the CEGP statement said.

Ramos, a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology student at the University of Philippines Cebu, was a former member of the Nagkahiusang Kusog sa Estudyante and a former writer of Tug-ani, the newsletter of the University of Philippines Cebu.

The Nagkahiusang Kusog sa Estudyante described Ramos as “dedicated, passionate, and ready to serve.”

“Today, it’s our turn to seek justice for her innocent life as well as peace and blessing to her soul,” the Nagkahiusang Kusog sa Estudyante said. With reports from Nestle Semilla, Inquirer Visayas /lzb

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1105638/working-student-owner-slain-in-cebu-city-coffee-shop#ixzz5kxmQ8d2q 
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Edited by Soupeod

SkyMan
3 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Hermoso was supposed to be in Boston on Thursday to compete at the 2019 World Coffee Championships after being hailed as the champion in the Philippine Brewer’s Cup last month.

3 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Major. Eduard Sanchez, chief of the Abellana Police Station, said they were considering all angles in the killings.

“But right now, we’re more inclined to believe that personal grudge toward the owner may have something to do with the attack,” he said in an interview.

Maybe find out who came in second in the Brewers Cup?

• Haha 1

smokey
22 hours ago, JamesMusslewhite said:

Safe enough here on my little island in Mindanao, Last 3 years crime stats: 0-murders, 0-burglary, 0-assults and 0-vehicular accidents.

That is a special island

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RangerUp
On 4/13/2019 at 3:38 PM, JamesMusslewhite said:

What number is your internet speed?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

JamesMusslewhite
29 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

What number is your internet speed?

with my Globe tattoo my download is 840 kb/s and usually streams videos with minimum pauses. 

Of course this island is only 8 hectors in size and my wife and I are the only inhabitants...  :thumbsup:

Davaoeno
27 minutes ago, JamesMusslewhite said:

Of course this island is only 8 hectors in size and my wife and I are the only inhabitants...  :thumbsup:

yet you seem surprised at the statistics :

on my little island in Mindanao, Last 3 years crime stats: 0-murders, 0-burglary, 0-assults    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Haha 1

JamesMusslewhite
26 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

on my little island in Mindanao, Last 3 years crime stats: 0-murders, 0-burglary, 0-assults    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well you might be surprised of the level of verbal abuse I sometimes receive from my wife... :biggrin_01:

• Like 1

RangerUp

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Two workers of Good Cup Coffee Company in this city were killed, while two others were wounded, in a shooting incident inside their shop late evening of Wednesday, April 10.

Corporal Eutenio Catalan of Police Station 2, the investigator on case, said the shooting happened at around 11:20 pm of April 10 at Good Cup Coffee Company on F. Ramos Street.

The victims were identified as John Hermoso, 29, and Kis Ramos, 21, who were immediately brought to the nearest hospital but were pronounced dead.

Jerome Amada, of legal age, and Sherwin Rivera, 23 – also workers at the coffee shop – were wounded.

According to a Facebook post of the College Editors Guild of the Philippines (CEGP) - Cebu, the 4 employees were closing shop when the perpetrators entered, shooting them. One of the fatalities, Ramos, was a campus journalist from the University of the Philippines in Cebu.

“The full details remain unclear, but what does remain clear is that this culture of killing and impunity has emboldened murderers to openly boast of their weapons and shoot people. The rotten system of society that allows this to occur has never been remedied,” the CEGP said.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/227920-cebu-coffee-shop-shooting-april-2019

JamesMusslewhite

Sad, and probably over something petty. 

Time to reinstate the 'Death Penalty' policy...

• Like 3

SkyMan
2 hours ago, JamesMusslewhite said:

Well you might be surprised of the level of verbal abuse I sometimes receive from my wife... :biggrin_01:

CDN Headline:  MINDANAO ISLAND RAMPANT WITH DOMESTIC ABUSE 50% OF POPULATION VICTIMIZED

• Haha 2

JamesMusslewhite
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

CDN Headline:  MINDANAO ISLAND RAMPANT WITH DOMESTIC ABUSE 50% OF POPULATION VICTIMIZED

Well the trick is to first make sure your wife understands your 'Safe Word' before you hand her a whip...  whipping-someone-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1

Soupeod
5 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Is that Fantasy Island? :lol: