Sign in to follow this  
nothingbutquestions

Fingerprints are needed to get ECC to leave country!

savarity
So you lied to immigration. 

For immigration purposes, lying is understood as saying (either in written or spoken form) something that does not correspond to reality in order to obtain an immigration benefit.

I don't see the lie? He never said he intended to lie to immigration. Not the way I read that anyway.

From my experience, it's not an absolute requirement that you leave on any specific day, or 24 hour period. The ECC is good for 30 days, after all. So changing one's plans (within 30 days) is allowed. I certainly did.

maximian

2 hours ago, savarity said:

I don't see the lie? He never said he intended to lie to immigration. Not the way I read that anyway.

From my experience, it's not an absolute requirement that you leave on any specific day, or 24 hour period. The ECC is good for 30 days, after all. So changing one's plans (within 30 days) is allowed. I certainly did.

HELP! USA citizen arrived Oct 12, 2018, currently on 6 month visa ext, Have ACR card (no ARP #). Have ticket and leaving today. Travel agent just told me I must go to Lapu-Lapu for an ARP# and exitclearance. There is no time. Is it possible to do this at airport at Mactan? If that is possible, how much earlier should I arrive at airport for my departure? Thank you for any help.

That's not a lie? 

• Haha 1

to_dave007
Posted (edited)

For sure.. living in the Philippines.. and dealing with red tape or bureaucracy here.. can be testing.  But really, I enjoy living here and being retired I have lots and lots of time available, so who cares if there is some inconveniences.  Doesn't happen all the time..  Went to the LTO Talisay office to renew my car registration one day last week..  Arrived about 7:30..  LTO opened at 8.. did smoke test, etching, inspection and finished registration by 8:50..  See if you can beat that !! Guard personally put all my papers in order and gave me the special color pass for seniors.  In and out.. Bada bing…  bada bang..  Plus it was fun..  chatting with others.  Short chats.. would have been longer but damn it they kept calling my name.  

"We ain't in Kansas any more Toto" ..  helps get through the most trying and testing adventures.

No way would I leave the ECC to the day of travel..  that would be foolish.. especially when warned.  And yes.. they want fingerprints of any foreigner who's been here 6 months or more.  Don't blame the BI folks..  blame the foreigners before us who committed crimes while here. 

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 2

Salty Dog

What is an ARP #?

Woolf
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

What is an ARP #?

Alian Registration Program

electronic finger print and photo

They should do it at the 59 day point, but apprantly they relaxed it, but it must be done before you leave if you been in ph more than 6 month

it is done only once no matter how many times you leave and come back

There is no fee for ARP

Edited by Woolf
  • Thanks 1

Headshot
21 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Alian Registration Program

electronic finger print and photo

They should do it at the 59 day point, but apprantly they relaxed it, but it must be done before you leave if you been in ph more than 6 month

it is done only once no matter how many times you leave and come back

There is no fee for ARP

Isn't there like a two-page questionnaire you have to fill out as well? It seems there used to be...

• Like 1

Woolf
13 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Isn't there like a two-page questionnaire you have to fill out as well? It seems there used to be...

Yes there were some form to fill out, I do not remember how many pages  it 4 years ago or so  I did it 

DeedleNuts
15 hours ago, nothingbutquestions said:

I am predicting no happy ending here. 

I generally try to avoid those type of establishments. 

• Haha 1

SkyMan
8 hours ago, Headshot said:

As I recall it was 2-3 pages front and back but after the first part, most of it didn't apply to me. They wanted a a bunch of info on my parents and I just put deceased and skipped the rest. 

Jawny
Posted (edited)

If the LinC archives go back to circus 2015, some threads can be found about the newly instituted process.  It was a cluster from the beginning and many LinC members shared details.

i do recall the form used was some sort of standard BI form, that is, multipurpose.  Hence, there were data points that made little sense.  Like names of parents and such.  Did they really want deceased parents names?  

Ideally, the form would have been modified for ARP purposes exclusively, but remember where you are.  

From the posts this far, I guess they’ve gotten to modernize the fingerprinting process with a digital capture.  Hence the inability to take the fingerprints.  Broken parts, broken system. 

I see the archives do go bakck  

i gues

Edited by Jawny

DeedleNuts
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

As I recall it was 2-3 pages front and back but after the first part, most of it didn't apply to me. They wanted a a bunch of info on my parents and I just put deceased and skipped the rest. 

Does all this enhanced security theater apply to fellas who are in country as a Balikbayan? Asking for a friend. 

SkyMan
1 minute ago, DeedleNuts said:

Does all this enhanced security theater apply to fellas who are in country as a Balikbayan? Asking for a friend. 

I don't think the ARP is required of BBs. 

• Thanks 1

Dafey
45 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I don't think the ARP is required of BBs. 

hope not.....haven't been asked for it yet!

• Thanks 1

savarity

When I received an ARP, there was no long form to fill out. The only form related to the ECC.