nothingbutquestions

Fingerprints are needed to get ECC to leave country!

nothingbutquestions

Been here over 6 months, leaving 5/09. To avoid J MALL, I went to travel agent for help with Exit Clearance. They tell me I need:

3 photos, my ARP #, and my plane ticket. I already have my ACR card but they said I need to go to Lapu-Lapu to be fingerprinted for my ARP # in order to process my Exit clearance. They said the equipment in Cebu City/Mandaue is broken. This sounds insane to me.

Help and suggestions very much welcome.

What If I had just shown up for my flight with nothing but my ticket? 

JamesMusslewhite
Posted (edited)

You not be allowed on the plane and be facing a lot of inconvenience and easibly avoidable hassles? 

also be sure to have a few thousand pesos on you when you get to the airport as you will probably be subject to an exit fee, plus if your returning best to have the funds to cover your trip back to your residence.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 1

savarity

What they told you is all correct.

And yes, the equipment at jcentre is broken, missing, something. Last time I was there the gent in front of me was told the same thing, and that he had to go to Lapu-lapu to have finger prints taken. He was very upset...

The 1620p exit fee is only if you stay over 12 months, isn't it? Not really sure if it applies to tourists. I paid it last time I left (over 12 months and a tourist), but then I'm not sure it was really required. When I went through immigration they didn't ask for proof that it was paid, at all. Everything was stamped and I was leaving, but then stopped and pulled out the receipt and asked the immigration officer if he needed that. He took a look, but just waved me on.

Salty Dog
On 4/3/2019 at 10:17 PM, Woolf said:

...The ECC can be done at airport if been in country less than a year and flight leaves within 24 hours

I would go to j-mall and have it done there, if problems you have the second option of having it done at the airport

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

I would just do it at the airport which you can do if your stay is under a year.  Sounds like if you go to JMall and they can't print you they will send you to Mactan for that but Mactan can't do an ECC so then you'll have to go back to JMall.  And what do you wanna bet that if you try to shortcut that and go to Mactan for the prints first they will require you to go to JMall first to get a request for prints or some such nonsense.

5 hours ago, nothingbutquestions said:

This sounds insane to me.

Just another typical day.

Edited by SkyMan

nothingbutquestions

My facebook interaction with BI today and on-going as they have not answered in OVER an hour:

9:58 AM

HELP! USA citizen arrived Oct 12, 2018, currently on 6 month visa ext, Have ACR card (no ARP #). Have ticket and leaving today. Travel agent just told me I must go to Lapu-Lapu for an ARP# and exit clearance. There is no time. Is it possible to do this at airport at Mactan? If that is possible, how much earlier should I arrive at airport for my departure? Thank you for any help.

How can we assist you today?

11:31 AM

You can't pay at the airport without ARP number.

How can I get an ARP#? At J Center Mall?

When I extended for 6 months and paid for ACR card, why did they not do ARP at that time. Now I am totally screwed.

Seen 11:46 AM

It is now 12:56 and no reply.

This feels suspiciously like a ransom kidnapping. You can come in no-charge. Want to stay longer - no problem, money please. Want to leave after 6 months - no problem money please plus 3-5 days to process. This so reminds me of the movie/Stephen King novel MISERY !!!!

There should be a sign at the airport: WARNING TO ALL FOREIGNERS ! BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION (BI) HAS RULES THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU UP FRONT. BI WILL NOT VOLUNTEER ANY INFORMATION,  YOU ARE TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ASKING THE RIGHT QUESTIONS AND MAY GOD HELP YOU IF YOU DO NOT BECAUSE BI NEVER WILL HELP. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK !!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I am predicting no happy ending here. 

savarity
My facebook interaction with BI today and on-going as they have not answered in OVER an hour:

9:58 AM

HELP! USA citizen arrived Oct 12, 2018, currently on 6 month visa ext, Have ACR card (no ARP #). Have ticket and leaving today. Travel agent just told me I must go to Lapu-Lapu for an ARP# and exit clearance. There is no time. Is it possible to do this at airport at Mactan? If that is possible, how much earlier should I arrive at airport for my departure? Thank you for any help.

How can we assist you today?

11:31 AM

You can't pay at the airport without ARP number.

How can I get an ARP#? At J Center Mall?

When I extended for 6 months and paid for ACR card, why did they not do ARP at that time. Now I am totally screwed.

Seen 11:46 AM

It is now 12:56 and no reply.

This feels suspiciously like a ransom kidnapping. You can come in no-charge. Want to stay longer - no problem, money please. Want to leave after 6 months - no problem money please plus 3-5 days to process. This so reminds me of the movie/Stephen King novel MISERY !!!!

There should be a sign at the airport: WARNING TO ALL FOREIGNERS ! BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION (BI) HAS RULES THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU UP FRONT. BI WILL NOT VOLUNTEER ANY INFORMATION,  YOU ARE TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ASKING THE RIGHT QUESTIONS AND MAY GOD HELP YOU IF YOU DO NOT BECAUSE BI NEVER WILL HELP. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK !!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I am predicting no happy ending here. 

True, you don't have many options, can you reschedule your ticket?

If not, maybe try going to the airport and having them deny you exit, just in case they don't and let you pass by? I wouldn't even bring up the problem first, they might just stamp your passport and let you through. If not, you're only out the price of transportation.

I've found rules to sometimes be enforced on an ad hoc basis here.

• Like 1

Davaoeno

I'm not in Cebu so maybe I dont understand. You say you have no time to go to Lapu Lapu- but isn't  Lapu Lapu on the way to the airport ( and very close to it?)

• Like 2

Jawny

If you’re leaving on the 9th of May, doesn’t that allow sufficient time to get the ARP completed?  

I would advise against improvising your departure by showing up and hoping for the best.  Risk of itinerary change costs seem pretty high.

SkyMan
17 minutes ago, Jawny said:

If you’re leaving on the 9th of May, doesn’t that allow sufficient time to get the ARP completed?  

4 hours ago, nothingbutquestions said:

Have ticket and leaving today.

nothingbutquestions

Yes, I did use an accelerated departure date in order to test their policies.

Yes, you can get an ECC at the airport with a departure ticket within 24 hours, BUT ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ARP #. 

T he ARP# requires fingerprinting and processing time. So on the way to the airport is not an option.

Now the fun, it's Holy Week. Half day Wed, closed Thurs and Fri. 

nothingbutquestions

Golly gee, wouldn't it be nice to know all this when you do your 6 month visa ext and buy your ACR card?  Just saying.

Then again, it would take all the fun out it - surprises, inconveniences, extra unanticipated fees. 

SkyMan
38 minutes ago, nothingbutquestions said:

So when are you really leaving?

• Haha 1

nothingbutquestions
On 4/13/2019 at 1:55 PM, nothingbutquestions said:

Been here over 6 months, leaving 5/09.

Thought I would try and get ahead of this and go to Lapu-Lapu tomorrow to start the ball rolling, 

maximian
1 hour ago, nothingbutquestions said:

So you lied to immigration. 

For immigration purposes, lying is understood as saying (either in written or spoken form) something that does not correspond to reality in order to obtain an immigration benefit.