vguy

1.5 window type Aircon -Any good deals ?

vguy

I need a brand new 1.5 hp window type ac, and dont have time to drive aorund every mall and hardware store.

Anyone seen anything good on sale ? or recommendations for best cheap brand like 18 k max

Woolf
Woolf

I have this one bought at echo, the one I have is 1 hp, it was about 12th, with remote it is low noise

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/everest-window-type-aircon-15-hp-remote-i287472581-s459352535.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.13.1c164ef4JpDYkT&search=1

vguy

oh i meant to thank you for you key hideaway replies ... both of them changed and now say  11-20 days . im sure they said 7 days first time i looked but not anymore :)

vguy

oh i saw that in metro colon without remote i beleive was 14000  . 1.5 everast    . so it's a good unit  ? ok great

Goetz1965
Posted (edited)

Im actually looking myself for a 1HP only, and possible a 0.5-0.7HP ...
So if you can wait for 2-3 days I have some results.

Actually neither Robinson nor SM City have 1HP with Inverter under 28K !

1.5HP for 18K - tell me where if you find one - usually they are withut inverter - and thats bullshit to buy.

I replaced my 1HP Windowtype with a 1.5HP Split Inverter - and that alone brought my VECO Bill down by 1500php !

But DONT buy without a remote - or find a maid thats 6 feet or taller !

Edited by Goetz1965
  • Like 1

vguy

i just bought a 1 hp for a different unit and think i got a good deal. panasonic  window type 15400p at robinsons galleria but no remote ,remote was like 21k     i think

Woolf
7 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

1.5HP for 18K - tell me where if you find one - usually they are withut inverter - and thats bullshit to buy.

Bullshit    ???+

That all depends

If you used the aircon only 5 hours a day it will take l o n g time before you have saved the extra cost

if you run your aircon 24/7 yes get an inverter type

MickyG

Not sure what the pricing is like these days but American Home Inverters were the cheapest around for quite a while at under 23,000 for 1HP

They were available at SR and SM Appliance center very quiet as the compressor is managed better

Soupeod

I bought a Boston split aircon ( inverter) from citi hardware for 20k a week ago w/remote.

Goetz1965

Going around for 2 days now I found the same than ever.

Prices are about the same everywhere - you make no real deals.
Those guys selling usually have NO Idea what they talk about - best is in CITI Hardware they only sell BostonBay and those have NO EER information !
The guys just say - its inverter Sir, it saves energy ... but have no idea about EER at all.
I could have bought a Samsung at Parkmall today at 21K - inverter split type - seems a real deal - but EER is just 10
I better buy a Panasonic at 28K that has an EER of 13.6 and saves way more in the long run.

Plus they now charge 6-7K for basic installation.
2 years ago that was just 3.5K for a Kolin 1.5HP unit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Rat
22 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Going around for 2 days now I found the same than ever.

Prices are about the same everywhere - you make no real deals.
Those guys selling usually have NO Idea what they talk about - best is in CITI Hardware they only sell BostonBay and those have NO EER information !
The guys just say - its inverter Sir, it saves energy ... but have no idea about EER at all.
I could have bought a Samsung at Parkmall today at 21K - inverter split type - seems a real deal - but EER is just 10
I better buy a Panasonic at 28K that has an EER of 13.6 and saves way more in the long run.

Plus they now charge 6-7K for basic installation.
2 years ago that was just 3.5K for a Kolin 1.5HP unit

Many employees have little product knowledge simply because many are replaced every six months or so. It seems many have little motivation or time to learn the basics. Seemingly if they do try and explain the fundamentals of the product they really don't have a clue.  

• Like 3

Woolf

Why go to the big malls to buy appliances, they have higher cost, like rent of store

I always to to the smaller places, like echo appliance and asian home appliance

I always go to echo appliance close to Magellan´s Cross

Street view

https://www.google.com/maps/@10.2940514,123.9005514,3a,75y,355.03h,95.53t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1s9M6WElcNJ0vSHSHw_ggyAQ!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3D9M6WElcNJ0vSHSHw_ggyAQ%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D66.90789%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100

always talk to the same guy there for the last 8+ years 

always get a better cash price than I have been offered in any big mall appliance stores

You will find echo appliance several places

https://www.google.com/maps/search/echoappliance/@10.2985119,123.8778595,13.25z

Edited by Woolf

Headshot
4 hours ago, Woolf said:

Why go to the big malls to buy appliances, they have higher cost, like rent of store

I always to to the smaller places, like echo appliance and asian home appliance

When we were shopping for new inverter AC's for our home, we went to Echo, Imperial (on AC Cortes in Mandaue) and SM Appliance in SM City Cebu. The best package deal for the three units we wanted (with installation and service included) was from SM Appliance. So, that was where we bought them. We have been very happy with the choice we made.

I would suggest that people should shop around and find the deal that best meets their needs, regardless of whether the source store is a major player or not. Most of the stores, whether major or not, use third-party installers and maintainers, so where you buy it doesn't really matter once the purchase is final. Just make sure that the unit(s) you buy meet your needs, and then just find the best deal you can. Deals change, and there is no substitute for shopping around.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

Davaoeno

A couple of things to consider. Some of the items in the department stores are there on consignment and often even those salespeople are employed by the distributor.

Also- as regards high rent for the department stores. Having a large store selling the items often leads to many sales and volume purchasing discounts for the department store. 

• Like 1