Sign in to follow this  
jimmyzr1

Safe, reasonably priced subdivisions on Mactan island?

jimmyzr1

Hello, does anyone know of any relatively safe, reasonably priced subdivisions to rent in on Mactan island? My girlfriend and I are looking to rent in an area near a good private school, shopping, restaurants preferably with other foreigners living there as well. We will be back in town on the 15 of April to find a place. Also, would be interested in meeting other foreigners for coffee or meetups, if possible as well. 

newtocebu

Hi mate, check out Collinwood Subdivision in Basak (the entrance is on the road adjacent to Gaisano Grand Mall)

There are plenty of shopping and eating options in the area, including the mall and Basak market

Unfortunately, I cant provide any info on schools

We were amongst the first couple of occupants back in 2008, but sold in 2012 before moving back to Oz - we were very happy and had a great circle of friends (locals and foreigners)

There also used to be a pretty lively expat scene on Mactan, with pool leagues and expat hangouts etc 

Note: we havent been back in a number of years so the info may be a bit out of date

jimmyzr1

Ahhh, thanks guys, will do. We did try to go to the holy infant elementary school but the area looked like a brgy area and was not impressed by the area. Also, it was Holy Week so everything was closed.