Sign in to follow this  
David_LivinginTalisay

Celebrating a Birthday @ Vikings Luxury Buffet in SM City, Cebu

smokey

I eat there 3 times a week but will go there less now because i dont like this new policy 

• Like 2

David_LivinginTalisay
On 5/26/2019 at 6:15 PM, smokey said:

BREAKING NEWS.   VIKING NO LONGER GIVES DISCOUNT FOR SENIOR UNLESS CITIZEN'S OF THE PHILIPPINES

Here is what Vikings says about that BS comment:-

We still have our senior discount.

Senior Rate

60 - 74 yrs old: LESS 20%
Weekday Lunch - 722.40 - 20% = P516.00
Weekday Dinner/ Weekends/ Holiday Lunch and Dinner - 932.40 - 20% = P666.00

75 yrs old and above: LESS 50%
Weekday Lunch - 722.40 - 50% = P361.20
Weekday Dinner/ Weekends/ Holiday Lunch and Dinner - 932.40 - 50% = P466.20

Take note that for senior citizen, age 74yrs old below need to present any (PHILIPPINE) government issued ID. Thank you

savarity

Senior Rate
Take note that for senior citizen, age 74yrs old below need to present any (PHILIPPINE) government issued ID. Thank you

Are you sure that really contradicts what he said?

For example, would a 65 year old foreign national tourist with an ACR card get a discount? Since it says "senior citizen," in the last part of that reply, and not just senior.
  • Like 1

smokey
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, David_LivinginTalisay said:

Senior Rate

Well i WAS THERE SUNDAY. gave my id and wife they ///// manager came over said SORRY WE RECEIVED A MEMO AND CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT ANYTHING BUT OFFICAL SEINOR CITZEN CARDS ISSUED BY THE PHILIPPINES. The memo is current the web sie not and smokey dont bullshit maybe you ate to many bangers

Edited by smokey
  • Like 3

Headshot
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, David_LivinginTalisay said:

Again, you are referencing a Senate Bill. Can you show where this bill was passed by the House and signed into law by the President? Otherwise, this means nothing.

Maybe you should write to Vikings again, and ask if their policy applies to foreigner seniors as well as Filipino seniors. If it does, it sounds like they need to send out another memo to their managers.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

smokey

I eat lunch there 3 times a week and HAVE RECEIVED A DISCOUNT UNTIL MAY 26TH 2019 SUNDAY 6 24 PM

• Like 1

David_LivinginTalisay

I have booked seats @ SM City Vikings and show my ACR I Card.  I have never failed to get 20% Discount.

Their Facebook reply is good enough for me to Book a table, again confident they will still honour that Senior Discount, as stated to Fillipino and any other Nationality who can present acceptable ID showing current Age from Birth date.

jtmwatchbiz
2 hours ago, David_LivinginTalisay said:

BS comment

speaking of which...i won't pay attention to any rebuttal to smokey's comment unless it included at least 2 graphs,  4 external links and key text highlighted in multi-colored script.  

vikings is a busy place but has good selection.  a bit too busy for my tastes but when i get older i won't center my dining experiences on some discount.  if i can't afford to pay my way i'll just make a sangwich at home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Woolf
2 hours ago, David_LivinginTalisay said:

It is a bill  not an act/law

date received  2011 may 18

senate bill 2832-second.png

Headshot

OK. So, I wrote Vikings for clarification on their policy.

Can senior foreigners avail of the Vikings senior discounts, or are they only for Filipinos?

They replied just as they did to David.

Hi, Good Day! Yes, we have senior discount. Senior Rate 60 - 74 yrs old: LESS 20% Weekday Lunch - 722.40 - 20% = P516.00 Weekday Dinner/ Weekends/ Holiday Lunch and Dinner - 932.40 - 20% = P666.00 75 yrs old and above: LESS 50% Weekday Lunch - 722.40 - 50% = P361.20 Weekday Dinner/ Weekends/ Holiday Lunch and Dinner - 932.40 - 50% = P466.20 Take note that for senior citizen, age 74yrs old below need to present any (PHILIPPINE) government issued ID. Thank you.

So, I asked for clarification.

I guess the confusing part of your message is that you refer to Senior Citizens. Foreigners aren't citizens. If foreigners are included, it would be better if it just referred tho Seniors, rather than Senior Citizens. I belong to Living in Cebu Forums (livingincebuforums.com), and one of our members was denied the discount on Sunday because he wasn't a citizen. He is over 70 years old.

And they replied.

For clarifications, as per Office of the Senior Citizens of the Philippines. Senior Citizens can avail the discount as long as he/she must present an OSCA ID, a Filipino Citizenship, unless if it's dual citizen which you can avail. 75 yrs old and above which is promo for vikings can avail 50% discount, any valid ID's will do. Thank you.

In other words, up to 75 the discount is for Filipino Senior Citizens ONLY. After 75, foreigners may also avail of the discount. I hope this will clear up the Viking Senior Discount policy. It is only available to foreigners IF you are at least 75 years old.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

David_LivinginTalisay

This is noted. We will raise this issue again to the higher management. thank you

Sir David, can you show us the link for this Foreigner Senior Citizen Card in the Philippines. We are checking it also the Senate Bill you are talking about still pending. Thank you

But that is contrary to Senate Bill 2832
https://www.senate.gov.ph/lisdata/112729581!.pdf

www.senate.gov.ph

senate.gov.ph

David

David

This is the pertinent section on ID for Foreigners over age 60:-

https://ofwmoney.org/senior-citizen/?fbclid=IwAR3acBHyw06NqyEYDNMcfiPy75ZhKAlJFfsmwY2GH985WUQ5ECew-W8ekEc#Guide_to_Foreigner_to_get_a_Senior_Citizen_Card_in_the_Philippines

What is the senior citizen act for Foreigners?
The senior citizen act for foreigners is a senate bill that was passed last May 11, 2018 Senate S.B. No. 2832.
It seeks to include foreign senior citizens along with the privileges that SC locals enjoy.
This is because the government sees them as also being a part of nation building.
Despite them being aliens, they can now enjoy local SC privileges through this act.
For the foreigner senior citizen discount to avail the discount and privileges, he or she needs these requirements:

OSCA I.D (Office of Senior Citizen Affairs)

Philippine Retirement Authority identification card

Alien certificate of registration

Other documents that establish he/she is 60 years of age and a resident of the Philippines

David

Vikings seem to have changed their Policy to only accept
1) OSCA I.D (Office of Senior Citizen Affairs) but ignoring:-
2) PRA Philippine Retirement Authority ID.
3) Alien Certificate of Registration ACR ICard
4) Other documents that establish he/she is 60 years of age and a resident of the Philippines
    ie Philippines Driving Licence.

If Viking Gourmet Buffet, have changed their Policy,
I will UPDATE that THREAD and state, that I wont be eating there as often,
and I will stop PROMOTING it on such Forums and Facebook Blogs .

Let us wait and see how VIKINGS 'Upper Management' respond!

Headshot
4 hours ago, David_LivinginTalisay said:

that is contrary to Senate Bill 2832

Until Senate Bill 2832 becomes a law, it means nothing. It can't become a law until it also passes the House and is signed by the President. I think any bill that hasn't passed both houses by the end of the session have to start over again, so SB 2832 doesn't really exist.

• Like 2

Woolf
17 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Until Senate Bill 2832 becomes a law, it means nothing. It can't become a law until it also passes the House and is signed by the President. I think any bill that hasn't passed both houses by the end of the session have to start over again, so SB 2832 doesn't really exist.

Same as I am thinking

and the bill is NOT from May 11, 2018

Its is from 2011 may 18

• Like 1

smokey

Still a good deal at 688 for me roast beef is very good 

• Like 2