Sign in to follow this  
David_LivinginTalisay

Celebrating a Birthday @ Vikings Luxury Buffet in SM City, Cebu

David_LivinginTalisay

How many of you have celebrated a birthday @ Vikings Luxury Buffet in SM City, Cebu?

I think it only opened in 2017, then closed for a while, and then reopened.

These are the advantages that I consider:-

Lunchtime Buffet  weekdays is cheaper, and tends to be less crowded, than evenings, and certainly weekends (traffic times to get there are lower too).

Jim Sibbick became a big fan, when I invited him to join me and Sha-Sha.   

Not just all the FOOD YOU CAN EAT (with no leftovers).  He liked  the cold bottles of Heineken in the mini-Bar fridge, and the unlimited draft SMB.  

I like the ROAST Beef steak, lamb/chicken/turkey/pork/lechon.  Sha-Sha loves Japanese  Sashimi. 

There are CLASSIC dishes of Philippines / Korea/ China/ Italy.  

I like the British 'Bread & Butter Pudding', the Cheese

I also get 20% discount for showing an ID that I'm over 60 Years of AGE (If /when you are over age 75, it is FREE!)  Free Car Parking  in the Mall too!

https://www.facebook.com/vikingssmcitycebu/

image.thumb.png.1f4c9efdd9d547403e48319e6a9e2490.png

• Like 2

David_LivinginTalisay

image.png.44bc550ed83fd7977b54aaee144b2bb8.png

image.thumb.png.f36b426bf9547c7cdafca2e9b8de51dd.png

David_LivinginTalisay

image.png.e13f4803b2fa1e133532b41ef46fb65e.png  image.png.9686b814f921fde1010c42d9c3d9cec9.png

image.thumb.png.225c9e777b075be005eb21e8f76737c9.png

image.thumb.png.d3f6596308e6c0f41cfe00fe606b3309.png

smokey

20%off ?????? 4 anyone?  Birthdays are free

• Like 2

David_LivinginTalisay

image.thumb.png.75a7a3229b6c4bb232ee04495818f7a8.png

David_LivinginTalisay
4 minutes ago, smokey said:

20%off ?????? 4 anyone?  Birthdays are free

Smokey, yes Birthdays ARE FREE for Birthday Celebrant (provided there are 2 x full paying adults).
In fact one can eat for FREE every day of one's Birthday Month (provided there are 4 x full paying guests, so that is like 25% discount).

I was referring to getting 20% DISCOUNT if you are over aged 60, that one can avail of any time!

There used to be Group Get Togethers @ Ratsky's many years ago.

I joined in a Buffet Lunch Get Together BY ANOTHER GROUP @ Cafe Bai

Has anyone considered a LivingInCebuForums Get Together @ VIKINGS LUXURY BUFFET?

There are GROUP DISCOUNTS for 50 People!

savarity

How crowded was it for you usually, at lunch?

I've noticed the buffets around Cebu City can get rather busy at times. Seem to be very popular with Filipinos.

jtmwatchbiz
9 hours ago, David_LivinginTalisay said:

Jim Sibbick became a big fan,

i thought he already was. 

4 hours ago, savarity said:

How crowded was it for you usually, at lunch?

I've noticed the buffets around Cebu City can get rather busy at times. Seem to be very popular with Filipinos.

yes true those Chinese and Japanese buffets are real popular

savarity

Tried Monday, 7pm, 1 hour wait, nah.

Tuesday, 5:40pm, got in but only open tables were out in the mall extention part. A total of (i think) 8 birthdays were going on while I was there. Including 3 at the tables all around me. No kidding, wow.

Anyway, that promo seems very popular, but if you're the birthday person you have to wear a viking hat, and they take your picture, haha.

AlfredPolly

I was there last week. The birthday celebrant, if it is the day of their birthday, can dine for free with 1 full paying adult.

The total price for the 2 of us was 722 pesos with the 5% service charged included.

Just give a call before you go there to reserve a table.

Well worth the money and the Viking hats are optional.

Cheers

RangerUp
On 4/9/2019 at 11:54 AM, David_LivinginTalisay said:

(If /when you are over age 75, it is FREE!)

Over 90 and they pay you to eat there.

Vikings is really bright and really crowded, they have some nice discounts though  - http://www.vikings.ph/promo

• Haha 1

GwapoGuy

Tried Vikings for the first time last month and was mildly impressed only by the numerous dishes offered. But many looked better then they tasted unfortunately.

The key to getting a good table is making a reservation. Tried to do that online but that wasn't working so I called the reservation in and I'm glad I did! At least 20 people waiting around for a table at the dinner hour.

One issue I thought was weird was when we were seated, the birthday person was asked to surrender identification. Well they didn't give it back until we payed our bill -- 1.5 hours later.

Headshot
7 hours ago, GwapoGuy said:

The key to getting a good table is making a reservation. Tried to do that online but that wasn't working so I called the reservation in and I'm glad I did! At least 20 people waiting around for a table at the dinner hour.

Yes. Getting a reservation is definitely the way to go. I like their carving area. You can actually get beef and lamb that are cooked medium rare there. That is a rarity in the Philippines ... where overcooking meat is the norm.

• Like 1

smokey

BREAKING NEWS.   VIKING NO LONGER GIVES DISCOUNT FOR SENIOR UNLESS CITIZEN'S OF THE PHILIPPINES

• Confused 2

RangerUp

Most of the bigger non-hotel buffets in Cebu have birthday discounts, not just Vikings.

• Like 1