Jester

Best way to sell car in PI's

Jester

Wife bought her family a car,  I think it is a 2002 NIssan 4 door.  I have trouble getting in and out of it,  it has a standard transmission which does not go well with my bad hip.  Needs several repairs which I will have done in the next couple weeks.

Wife says the only way to sell here on Biliran is to put a for sale sign on it.   Is there a better way?   

Is there a way to determine value or asking price here?

This is out in the province on Biliran,  would I be better taking to Cebu to sell?

Woolf

nissan 2002 4 door,    hmmm what  model is it

try here  

https://www.olx.ph/all-results?q=nissan&locationName=

but try narrow the search

Jester

Thanks for the response.  It is a NIssan Sentra,  EX Saloon,  133,000 km.   I am not 100% sure it is a 2002, still trying figure that one out.

SkyMan

In Ohio you put a sign in the window and park it at the end of your driveway.  Worked for me a couple times.

Here I would do the same and when you drive it but yes, it might help to drive it around more populated areas.  If you want peope to know you're a foreigner include the price on the sign.

• Like 1

Jester

aaaargh!     Vin number is a 17 digit number mandatory since 1980.   I have a 16 digit chassis number with a dash in it?

The year should be the 10th digit, which in my case is a 4, which should show the car was manufactured in 2004.  But the first title on the car was issued in 2002.

I have typed the vin in several vin decoders which are either not available or show no such vin.

Can I go home now?

easy44

Look at the tag on the seatbelt. It will say the date manufactured, almost always the same year as the car itself. Close enough in any case.

• Like 3

Jester

Seatbelt tag,  interesting so I looked 1999!   Brother in law says car is a 2000, so that jives.     Car is in amazing  shape for a 19 year old car.   I was worried it was a 2002,  2002 has an awful motor problem and should have been  recalled.  Something in the intake can disintegrate and destroy the cylinders.

Have done lots of web searching but cannot decipher the 16 digit vin??  16 digit is mentioned, but can only vin check 17 digit?

Interesting thing about seat belts, if you have one that will not retract,  95% of the time washing will fix it.  Google washing car seat belt.  

Soupeod
8 hours ago, Jester said:

Wife bought her family a car,  I think it is a 2002 NIssan 4 door.  I have trouble getting in and out of it,  it has a standard transmission which does not go well with my bad hip.  Needs several repairs which I will have done in the next couple weeks.

Wife says the only way to sell here on Biliran is to put a for sale sign on it.   Is there a better way?   

This is out in the province on Biliran,  would I be better taking to Cebu to sell?

Facebook buy and sell

• Like 3

newtocebu

Put in on LinC 

I sold my car to a fellow member, and had several others interested

• Like 1

Gus

I advertised my faithful old Pajero on Olyx ..
My experience :
Numerous really really low-ball offers ( sight unseen )
Almost every other text or call asked " what is your low price ? " Or .." reason for selling " )
No one seemed willing to come to actually view the car , except for 1 who wanted to take it overnight to his mechanic in Mandaue !

Fortunately I sold it by personal recommendation to an Aussie guy living on Bantayan Island ,and we ended up doing the transaction bank to bank in Australia .nice .

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

• Like 1

smokey
Posted (edited)

I had 2 different callers ask if I could meet in or near ayala and to bring or/cr with me ... 

Edited by smokey

dart69
2 hours ago, smokey said:

I had 2 different callers ask if I could meet in or near ayala and to bring or/cr with me ... 

Sounds legit ...

to_dave007
Posted (edited)

Had good experience selling 1995 Toyota Tamaraw on OLX..  and I am in rural provincial location (Tuburan Cebu).  Engine was in good shape, body was not and would have cost me too much to restore.  Buyer and his wife travelled 3 hours by bus to me, with cash in pocket, and after 30+ minutes checking the engine (he was expert mechanic) and paid my asking price in full, all within 48 hours after I placed the ad.. Their plan was to restore it and flip it.

I had 15 responses in total.  OLX generated quite a bit more traffic than I expected.  I had done my best to put a FAIR asking price, in line with other Tamaraw.

Had the buyer NOT bought it on the spot, I was planning to take it the very next day to planned location in Cebu City for anyone interested to come see it, together with all papers looking for on the spot buyer.  So buyer KNEW I was moving the vehicle, and KNEW he needed to act if he wanted it.

Biliran could make it tough..  but you COULD consider setting up some "showings" in Ormoc.  Seriously interested buyer may not worry too much about taking the ferry to buy a good vehicle.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

hyaku
Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2019 at 10:08 AM, Jester said:

Facebook Tacloban Buy and Sell will link you to 3 more sites including Foreigners buy and sell. OLX is fine but they soon start to charge you for adverts and little comeback. I post to sell cars, trucks, ATV's and trailers for friend on Tacloban Buy and sell. All the enquiries come in by Messenger. 

Edited by hyaku
  • Like 1