SkyMan

BPI online is back

Semper paratus
On 5/10/2019 at 7:48 PM, SkyMan said:

Ok, so went into the branch to get them to delete the payments.  After a while trying to explain it, the manager let me log into the system and I showed her deleting the payments.  She says, there, they're gone.  I clicked the account info and back to display scheduled payments and there they are again.  She and her boss, the branch manager, had never seen this before.  So she got me on the phone with the helpdesk on their landline and I went through it again.  I just wanted to get her to cancel the payments which she apparently couldn't do.  She kept saying, we need to file a complaint for he merchant to refund the extra payment.  No, I don't want you to do that, I just want you to cancel the payments so they won't pay again.  Getting refunds will just muck things up worse.  Finally had to ask for a manager, He's busy, I'll wait.  A few minutes later she's back wanting to file a complain.  No, don't do that.  We can delete the merchants.  If you delete the merchants I won't be able to pay them when I do want to pay them.  I understand sir, but...  No, you don't.  You really do not understand.  Please put the supervisor on.  He's busy.  I'll wait.  A bit later she comes on again wanting file a complaint.  Don't do that.  And don't come back on the line, the next voice I want to hear is your supervisor, only.  10 minutes later a guy comes on and I go through the whole explanation again.  He asks a few questions and I give him a few of the confirmation numbers from the emails about the transactions being deleted.  He says he'll see what he can do and give it a few days.   And gives me number in case the problem persists.  Thank you.

So, the next day (and a couple more) I go in and they are there so I try to delete them and it won't.  Hmmmmm, well, that's a difference so maybe something is going on.  Then Cignal gets paid again.  So I go in and and try to delete them and they did.  And so far they have stayed deleted.

A little progress anyway.  Maybe in a few months, years, they will be back to where they were a month ago.  Geeeshhh.

On 5/11/2019 at 5:04 AM, wondersailor said:

As I predicted, never heard from BPI concerning  my prepay debit card  and I still can not get into my account online. It is time to bid this poor excuse if a bank adieu. I have had all that I can stomach. Beginning to think the best place to put my cash is under the mattress.

Did you go to your bank and up-date your cell phone number ? You shouldn't have to if you are sure they have it, but, after we did that most things work again.  We have the same cell phone numbers ever since ever, but apparently the geniuses at BPI IT can't figure that out.  I am all for burying the money. Too easy to find under the mattress.  Just bury in a waterproof container where no one ever goes or looks. But paying some bills on-line sure saves a lot of time and hassle. But maybe the days of cash are coming back. Pretty hard to hack cash. 

wondersailor
On 5/11/2019 at 8:47 PM, Semper paratus said:

Did you go to your bank and up-date your cell phone number ? You shouldn't have to if you are sure they have it, but, after we did that most things work again.  We have the same cell phone numbers ever since ever, but apparently the geniuses at BPI IT can't figure that out.  I am all for burying the money. Too easy to find under the mattress.  Just bury in a waterproof container where no one ever goes or looks. But paying some bills on-line sure saves a lot of time and hassle. But maybe the days of cash are coming back. Pretty hard to hack cash. 

Yup, they took my number again when they promised to call. To say I was under impressed by staff at my local bpi branch would be accurate. Numb nuts. I am through with them. I have no online bills to pay and would never trust them with it if I had.

SkyMan
1 hour ago, wondersailor said:

Yup, they took my number again when they promised to call. To say I was under impressed by staff at my local bpi branch would be accurate. Numb nuts. I am through with them. I have no online bills to pay and would never trust them with it if I had.

Well, I can certainly understand your frustration with BPI having had some of it myself.  For me it hasn't been enough cause me to switch banks having had some experiences with other banks here and I can tell you that BPI has no monopoly on numb nuts. 

Probably one of the better banks I have dealt with is RCBC but I only have a dollar account there so no regular banking there.  They have cute tellers.  Even they have giving me some WTF moments.  A few months back I tried to deposit a check for $9500.  After a bit of conferencing they told they'd have to charge me a $10 or$20 fee for depositing a check over $5k.  WTFO?  You've never done this before.  It seems they had been coding it wrong before as being under $5k.  Ok?  So if I deposit 2 checks for $4750, no fee.  That's right.  So it's free if you do more work but there's a fee if I make it easier for you?  Yes.  :rolleyes:

A few years back they gave me one of those zippered bank pouches and it was getting a bit worn so about last October I asked if they had another.  "Sorry sir, no stock."  Then I was back in December to withdraw the dollars and there was a wrapped Christmas present for me.  It was a new pouch and a much nicer one.  This one is like 2 pouches sewn together with one zipper so there's 3 compartments and it's like a little bit padded to hold it's shape even when empty.  I thought it was really nice of them to remember.  They also give me extra passbook covers I use for our passports.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

to_dave007
Posted (edited)

Been following this thread as I encouraged my wife to have a BPI account..  perhaps for the mistaken reason that I "expected" BPI to be the most progressive bank with respect to "getting online".  She started employment with several months in Concentrix (call centre)..  which she hated..  as she slowly works her way through to DepEd teacher employment.. maybe just weeks away now.  So..  online accounts for SSS.. PhilHealth.. and tried for PagIbig as well but no online.. and GSIS coming..  She wanted a PayPal account..  but needs a bank to link it to..  so BPI..  

So far..  I'll be sure to tell her to avoid BPI online bill payments..  for another couple years.

Edited by to_dave007

SkyMan
3 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

So..  online accounts for SSS.. PhilHealth.. and tried for PagIbig as well but no online.. and GSIS coming..  She wanted a PayPal account..  but needs a bank to link it to..  so BPI..  

I don't know if you can pay any of those online.  I used to be able to pay SSS online but they stopped accepting so none of the banks can do that. They even stopped accepting from WU so now I have to go to the mall and it's a PITA 2 step process so  I pay a year at a time. For PH I go to their office and pay a year. Don't know about the others.

JohnSurrey
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I don't know if you can pay any of those online.  I used to be able to pay SSS online but they stopped accepting so none of the banks can do that. They even stopped accepting from WU so now I have to go to the mall and it's a PITA 2 step process so  I pay a year at a time. For PH I go to their office and pay a year. Don't know about the others.

Think the only Bill I can pay with BPI is Globe (Innova)... wish I could pay the water and leyco... but the banks here are a bit like the roads... not all joined up etc.

SkyMan
2 minutes ago, JohnSurrey said:

Think the only Bill I can pay with BPI is Globe (Innova)... wish I could pay the water and leyco... but the banks here are a bit like the roads... not all joined up etc.

I pay VECO but don't have a water bill.  Your wife can check in a branch to see if your other bills are payable.  You used to be able to set them up online but now you have to do it in the branch. Once set up you can pay online. 

Davaoeno
32 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I pay VECO but don't have a water bill.  Your wife can check in a branch to see if your other bills are payable.  You used to be able to set them up online but now you have to do it in the branch. Once set up you can pay online. 

In Cebu I just paid at 7-11

to_dave007
1 hour ago, JohnSurrey said:

I pay the Globe landline bill at LBC.  and (unlike CEBECO) Globe lets me pay on account to a credit balance..  so I normally just go once every 3 to 4 months.

Woolf

I pay GLOBE, SKY and VECO online from my BPI account for several years now

never had a problem 

MickyG

I am paying all 5 bills on line manually each month, no issues at this time.