Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

BPI online is back

Davaoeno
8 minutes ago, MickyG said:

went to the bank had a moan about on line bill payment not working. Was asked have we tried again today, answered like tried every day we used to get a pop up screen advising we would get a one of fate number to input into the cell but now we cannot get that far. So opened up the screen at the desk. confirmed cell number was the same. entered the payments for the credit card and their Next; button is in Red whilst our was in grey. They tell me it should be ok now. as we cleared the Credit card there and then We will see tomorrow when I clear the next credit card bill.#

This one off number is not a one off number it is a multiple one off number every time you wish to make a bills payment.....if it comes up!!  we will be gone sometime in late july/august would be nice to know e can still function even if overseas!!

When you leave just make sure you have your cel set up for roaming. I didnt the first time and I couldnt get the confirmation codes so was SOL 

Woolf
Posted (edited)

You can set  a limit for when it asks for the one time pin

I have set mine at 10,000 peso, so if the transaction is 10th or below it will not use the one time pin

I use my account to pay bills

Edited by Woolf

MickyG

that limit info is useful, will see tomorrow how we apply it....assuming we can get in!!

Woolf
33 minutes ago, MickyG said:

that limit info is useful, will see tomorrow how we apply it....assuming we can get in!!

It is under account maintenance,  at the bottom, one time PIN

I am back in denmark for a while and was not sure I could receive the one time PIN on the cell phone

so I went to my branch  and asked what to do, they pointed me to that feature 

Woolf

here it is

bpi one time pin.png

MickyG

Thank you very helpful. just set it for a higher figure 

We will try it for tomorrows credit card bill

Woolf

Maybe it will use the one time PIN when you try to set or change the values, I can not remember if it did when I changed the values

• Like 1

PlanB
Posted (edited)

I can’t post an image for some reason.

BPI and their 1994 Online Skillset Says They Have  Toggle To Turn Off/On a Debit  Card, I believe. (Freeze and Unfreeze). But when I follow the rules. 

OTHER SERVICES

CARDS

CARD CONTROL

You Don’t Have Any Cards On Your Account

No further details. That’s it. And of course I have a card and  but they leave no instructions on how to proceed and automatically judge I have no card. Not enough instruction.

No response from BPI CS which is competing with PLDT for satisfaction.

Any advice? Clearly they are getting into online technology kicking and screaming, imo.

Edited by PlanB

MickyG
10 hours ago, Woolf said:

Maybe it will use the one time PIN when you try to set or change the values, I can not remember if it did when I changed the values

10 hours ago, Woolf said:

Yes it did and now it works well thank you for your help

• Like 1

SkyMan

Well that's a fine how do you do.....     As I reported earlier, during what was hopefully the worst of this mess, I had 3 payments scheduled to be paid monthly.  When it didn't appear the Cignal bill was paid on the 9th when it was supposed to (it was already the 12th or so), I put it in for immediate payment and also did the 2 other bills assuming they would also be dropped as I looked at the list of scheduled payments and none came up.  I also paid my VECO bill and since I couldn't schedule it, paid it immediately too.  Then every time I log in more money is missing??  Turns out the scheduled payments did actually pay (late). And even the VECO payment that I only put in once paid twice.  SMART got paid 3 times.  WTFO?  

Ok, fine, there's money in the account so I just won't pay next month. 

Later they fixed the system enough to see my scheduled payments and the 3 were there.  There's no way to edit them to skip a month so I had to delete them or they would pay again in May.  Got three emails, 1 confirming each cancellation.  The other day I checked SMART and it showed a credit balance and nothing due.  Good. 

Today I get my Cignal bill.  NOTICE OF DISCONNECTION.  Wha wha what?  Bill showed I hadn't paid last month and I owed double or they'd cut me off.  WTFO?

Went to the BPI site and verified 2 payments were made and the account number was right.  Hmmmmm  Went to the Cignal site and it showed 2 payments.  Apparently, a second payment to Cignal cancels the first?  Sent them an email but I figure this is going to take a while to fix.  Great.  This is now getting rather annoying.

On a whim, I checked BPI for scheduled payments.  Low and behold, there are my 3 payments set to pay again in a few days.  Cancelled them again and got three more confirmation emails.  So, I checked again, they're there.  I don't even have to log out.  I cancel all three and the screen says, you have no scheduled transactions.  I click on Other Services, View Scheduled Transactions, and there they are.

You know, there are many well functioning banking systems out there.  Why not buy one of those and change the logos?  Why try to reinvent the wheel and do it so poorly?

• Haha 1

PlanB
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Well that's a fine how do you do.....     As I reported earlier, during what was hopefully the worst of this mess, I had 3 payments scheduled to be paid monthly.  When it didn't appear the Cignal bill was paid on the 9th when it was supposed to (it was already the 12th or so), I put it in for immediate payment and also did the 2 other bills assuming they would also be dropped as I looked at the list of scheduled payments and none came up.  I also paid my VECO bill and since I couldn't schedule it, paid it immediately too.  Then every time I log in more money is missing??  Turns out the scheduled payments did actually pay (late). And even the VECO payment that I only put in once paid twice.  SMART got paid 3 times.  WTFO?  

Ok, fine, there's money in the account so I just won't pay next month. 

Later they fixed the system enough to see my scheduled payments and the 3 were there.  There's no way to edit them to skip a month so I had to delete them or they would pay again in May.  Got three emails, 1 confirming each cancellation.  The other day I checked SMART and it showed a credit balance and nothing due.  Good. 

Today I get my Cignal bill.  NOTICE OF DISCONNECTION.  Wha wha what?  Bill showed I hadn't paid last month and I owed double or they'd cut me off.  WTFO?

Went to the BPI site and verified 2 payments were made and the account number was right.  Hmmmmm  Went to the Cignal site and it showed 2 payments.  Apparently, a second payment to Cignal cancels the first?  Sent them an email but I figure this is going to take a while to fix.  Great.  This is now getting rather annoying.

On a whim, I checked BPI for scheduled payments.  Low and behold, there are my 3 payments set to pay again in a few days.  Cancelled them again and got three more confirmation emails.  So, I checked again, they're there.  I don't even have to log out.  I cancel all three and the screen says, you have no scheduled transactions.  I click on Other Services, View Scheduled Transactions, and there they are.

You know, there are many well functioning banking systems out there.  Why not buy one of those and change the logos?  Why try to reinvent the wheel and do it so poorly?

Modernizing is an irritant some banks here are not prepared for. A nuisance. Their current technology is crippled into manual operation during a major outage due to remarkable antiquation. Also, fraud is rampant with at least one bank. Source: Perceptions after a few hours on google.

Bank “X” scheduling appears to be gone now. Deposits appear and disappear. 

So far Coins. PH has been amazingly good with bill pay and the UI is definitely keeping up. Doesn’t solve every problem but it seems like their technology is modern as can be.

Here is an article I can find:  https://news.abs-cbn.com/trending/01/11/19/woman-incurs-p200k-credit-card-debt-in-alleged-hacking-bpi-lazada-reac

In general look at how accountability is handled. Goes to general mindset.

SkyMan
On 5/2/2019 at 9:16 PM, SkyMan said:

Ok, so went into the branch to get them to delete the payments.  After a while trying to explain it, the manager let me log into the system and I showed her deleting the payments.  She says, there, they're gone.  I clicked the account info and back to display scheduled payments and there they are again.  She and her boss, the branch manager, had never seen this before.  So she got me on the phone with the helpdesk on their landline and I went through it again.  I just wanted to get her to cancel the payments which she apparently couldn't do.  She kept saying, we need to file a complaint for he merchant to refund the extra payment.  No, I don't want you to do that, I just want you to cancel the payments so they won't pay again.  Getting refunds will just muck things up worse.  Finally had to ask for a manager, He's busy, I'll wait.  A few minutes later she's back wanting to file a complain.  No, don't do that.  We can delete the merchants.  If you delete the merchants I won't be able to pay them when I do want to pay them.  I understand sir, but...  No, you don't.  You really do not understand.  Please put the supervisor on.  He's busy.  I'll wait.  A bit later she comes on again wanting file a complaint.  Don't do that.  And don't come back on the line, the next voice I want to hear is your supervisor, only.  10 minutes later a guy comes on and I go through the whole explanation again.  He asks a few questions and I give him a few of the confirmation numbers from the emails about the transactions being deleted.  He says he'll see what he can do and give it a few days.   And gives me number in case the problem persists.  Thank you.

So, the next day (and a couple more) I go in and they are there so I try to delete them and it won't.  Hmmmmm, well, that's a difference so maybe something is going on.  Then Cignal gets paid again.  So I go in and and try to delete them and they did.  And so far they have stayed deleted.

A little progress anyway.  Maybe in a few months, years, they will be back to where they were a month ago.  Geeeshhh.

wondersailor

As I predicted, never heard from BPI concerning  my prepay debit card  and I still can not get into my account online. It is time to bid this poor excuse if a bank adieu. I have had all that I can stomach. Beginning to think the best place to put my cash is under the mattress.

PlanB

My interpretation is to them digital banking is an irritant that they know they have to deal with. I posted a link how they treated an alleged fraud case, too. It got social media attention. Also the overall online banking system is reported is terribly incapable. I think their is only so much improvement possible with any bank here.

For bill pay Coins.ph is worlds better, so far, and some regular banks seem to be trying harder with online banking.

Semper paratus

You can bet your boots there are " consultants" involved in this BPI mess. When I was working every company that i was with that got involved with consultants had even bigger problems after the consulting.  These consultants know nothing of your business, only some theoretical garbage they " learned" in college, no real world experience.  I walked out on more than one meeting by these scammers. And I was never fired for doing so.  I hope BPI wakes up. They were a good bank until this cluster "F".  I can do everything I used to do except change my USD to Php. Going to the bank just to do that is inconvenient, time consuming, and costly and waste of time experience. At my age I am very grumpy about wasting the few hours I amt have left.  Waste your time carefully, it is allotted. 

• Like 1