SkyMan

BPI online is back

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

I'm able to get in to pay my bills now, app or browser.  Immediate payment only, no option to schedule future payment.  The website has the option to view scheduled payments but not the app.  They really should put out a warning that if you had payments scheduled they are gone and won't be paid.  

No option to add a biller at this time so what you had before is it.

Edited by SkyMan

Jawny

I was surprised by this report of BPI having computer issues.  During the frequent discussions in LinC, I had the impression BPI was top of the line for a banking choice.  I don’t use any online services from my bank, Metrobank. I did for a short while with general satisfaction.  I don’t pay bills online, so the only features I am interested in were account management. Again, simple and satisfactory, until it wasn’t.

my first clue was when I got a routine email regarding computer maintenance.  No big deal, but my full email address, along with the 300 or so other count holders was quite a shock.

Most likely a clerical error. However, there was never any acknowledgement of the careless error.  I guess the reasoning is if you don’t admit it happened, then it didn’t.  

Other account online issues continued to the point I gave up with online access.  , 

SkyMan
58 minutes ago, Jawny said:

No big deal, but my full email address, along with the 300 or so other count holders was quite a shock.

I would have done a replyall with a "WTF are they thinking, sending all our email addresses out in plain text?  Don't they have a friggin' clue what the BCC is for?"

Jawny
1 minute ago, SkyMan said:

I would have done a replyall with a "WTF are they thinking, sending all our email addresses out in plain text?  Don't they have a friggin' clue what the BCC is for?"

Did that.  The reply was.....

Don't admit it, didn’t happen.

SkyMan

For a long time the only reason I had a Metrobunk account was because I could pay SSS online through them.  Now they don't but that's because SSS decided to stop accepting payments from banks so a step backwards for them.  The only reason I still have one is because I was able to open an account for my caretaker and I can transfer from my account to his and pay him while I'm on vacation.

JohnSurrey

Paid Globe tonight ... tick. 

SkyMan

Well, not being sure if the scheduled bills were going to pay or not, some of them got paid twice.  No biggy as I can just skip them next month but it's a little annoying.

SkyMan
On 4/15/2019 at 8:22 AM, SkyMan said:

Well, not being sure if the scheduled bills were going to pay or not, some of them got paid twice.  No biggy as I can just skip them next month but it's a little annoying.

Seems to be working now but you still can't view previously scheduled payments from the phone.  You can't schedule payments at all, only immediate payments.  You can view scheduled payments from the website but you can't edit them.  Since the mess earlier when I wasn't sure if my scheduled payments were still going to be paid, I went ahead and put in immediate payments so my bills all got double paid, some triple?  I deleted all the scheduled ones so they won't pay again but now I have to remember to pay them manually each month.  Ugh!

wondersailor

And the BPI update fiasco marches on. Went to my local branch, waited the usual hour +, to be told that the prepaid debit card (that I was supposed to pick last Tuesday) has not arrived yet. They said they would call me. Reason given was update. What you want to bet that they will never call?

MickyG

on line bill,payments service still down, line up in the bank beyond monsterous

Semper paratus
12 hours ago, MickyG said:

on line bill,payments service still down, line up in the bank beyond monsterous

I just made an on-line payment 2 days ago. Have you up-dated your cell phone number with your local BPI rep ? That did it for me. Everything works now except on-line transferring from my USD to my Php account. Payments works, loading prepaid Visa card works. The gal, our local BPI rep, transferred my USD to my Php account and gave us a better rate than their web site showed. This was at our main branch in Dumaguete.

• Thanks 1

MickyG

just tried on line payment again still not working. Our cell number has never changed. we will go in tomorrow to sort this 

Semper paratus
14 minutes ago, MickyG said:

just tried on line payment again still not working. Our cell number has never changed. we will go in tomorrow to sort this 

Our cell number had never been changed either. But for some unexplained reason they had a cell number listed we had never heard of. It must be some programming glitch in their new system is my guess. We did not get a straight answer, but it was politely fixed. 

• Like 1

SkyMan
2 hours ago, MickyG said:

If your cell# isn't right, you can't get into the app. At least that's the way it was for me.  I've had my # since long before I got the account but they claimed there was no # on the account.  It might be intentional to get people to update their # because if they send a message no one will bother.  Of course,  the reason they won't bother is because their # hasn't changed. 

MickyG
Posted (edited)

went to the bank had a moan about on line bill payment not working. Was asked have we tried again today, answered like tried every day we used to get a pop up screen advising we would get a one of fate number to input into the cell but now we cannot get that far. So opened up the screen at the desk. confirmed cell number was the same. entered the payments for the credit card and their Next; button is in Red whilst our was in grey. They tell me it should be ok now. as we cleared the Credit card there and then We will see tomorrow when I clear the next credit card bill.#

This one off number is not a one off number it is a multiple one off number every time you wish to make a bills payment.....if it comes up!!  we will be gone sometime in late july/august would be nice to know e can still function even if overseas!!

Edited by MickyG