Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

BPI online is back

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

After a few days without access to my account, the online system is back (maybe, it crashed while I was looking at  it) and it does look better and less clunky but it does still ask which account I want to use when I only have one.  WTFO?

And if you have schedule payments and want to see if they are still scheduled (probably a good idea), you'll find that info, for some reason, under "Other Services" like it's an afterthought.  One thing not yet implemented is adding a new biller.

Still logs you off like lightning.  Go to pay a bill, check the bill to verify the amount, and when you look back you're at the login page.

The phone app is also supposed to be working but it won't go very far without requiring me to link my phone to the account and when I tell it to go ahead it says my number (the same number I've had for many more years than the account) isn't associated with the account and I need to have it added in a branch.

Edited by SkyMan

MickyG

There are gremlins. I just tried to clear my CC balance but it allows me to fill in everything but the ''next'' button does not function. Just cancel and clear work. I will try again tomorrow to see if it is enabled yet.

They notified the system would be down for the weekend  for a major upgrade. looks like it is far from complete.

• Sad 1

Semper paratus
Posted (edited)

It's back but a far cry from fully functional. I cannot find the USD to Php exchange rate or where to transfer from my USD account to our peso account. And more. It's  more typical soft opening bullshit. Change just for the sake of change is not good. Been a BPI customer sine 2006, but I  haven't seen any great improvements including this cluster F**k..

Edited by Semper paratus
Guess.

Woolf

The new system has been available for a long time as beta  ( a year ??)

I guess that they had to get rid off the old system to improve the new

I think the update during the weekend was a lot more than the online system as ATM was closed down also

Semper paratus
44 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

It's back but a far cry from fully functional. I cannot find the USD to Php exchange rate or where to transfer from my USD account to our peso account. And more. It's  more typical soft opening bullshit. Change just for the sake of change is not good. Been a BPI customer sine 2006, but I  haven't seen any great improvements including this cluster F**k..

I can't load my prepaid Visa, or pay my Innove/Globe bill either.  I am waiting for a reply from my new " Relationship Manager"..

Woolf
7 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

I can't load my prepaid Visa, or pay my Innove/Globe bill either.  I am waiting for a reply from my new " Relationship Manager"..

have you registered a cell phone number with the bpi ??

they may want to send you a one time pin

Woolf

Under account maintenance you can set     "Maximum amount without the need for a One-Time PIN."

SkyMan
2 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

Rate was 51.95 a few hours ago when I was there.  What a zoo.  Monday morning probably isn't a good any week but this morning was a mess because of all the system and ATM downtime.  Glad I was there just to pick up my new ATM card.  Also, they said there was no phone number on my account.  Hmmmmmm so I had to sign something to add the new number (which is much older than the account) so the app will work.  Still had to wait a good 45 minutes for the New Accounts teller for a couple guys (father/son?) opening an account and seemed like they had never had a bank account before.  Using lots of what I would consider sketchy IDs like Metro Rewards cards and SSS paperwork.  A room full of people and few numbers being called.  If you can avoid going into a branch this week I would highly recommend it.

Semper paratus

I just got a reply from my " Relationship Manager".  He said they might have the function of transferring from the USD accounts to our peso account fixed by June!  June ! Are they nuts ? He wants me to drive 40 minutes to town, walk another 10 minutes at least because parking is so bad and go in the bank, ask the going rate and if I like it I can transfer there. And if I don't like the rate I have to come back again , and again, and again, no thanks BPI. The idiots knew this change was coming, one has to wonder what have they been doing all this time ? Plus he told me where to load my prepaid Visa card, I looked several times just where he said to look and there is no such option. This used to be a pretty good bank. I wonder what happened  ? Change for the sake of change is too often the reason for this malarkey. I sent this guy back an earful. We have another bank and when it;s convenient for " us" I will see about changing some things. I told this Relationship Manager don't you dare try and dump your banks screw-up in my lap by telling me to go to my branch and do what I used to do from home in 30 seconds. Well I'll bet I am not the only unhappy camper today.. I hope you are all emailing your Relationship Managers. 

I can send you the email address in a PM of my relationship manager if you lost the email address for yours. I am betting after today a lot of these managers will be seeking employment elsewhere. 

Cheers, yep, it's more fun you know where. 

MickyG

Today when trying to log in one is met with a ''skin'' as opposed to a web page advising your new banking experience starts here. I would rather prefer the old banking experience as it worked:snap:

• Like 1

JohnSurrey

Hmmm... I'm waiting for the GBP I transferred today to arrive - not unusual... I check the offered rate (68.30 tonight - which I'd take) by nearly doing the transaction - haven't had enough on the account to actually complete it yet - maybe tomorrow.

Managed to load my prepaid credit card ok - so that's working

What, more annoyingly for me, often doesn't work for me here in Leyte  - is the ATM - half the time I have to go to another bank becoz they don't have any cash in it.

SkyMan
On 4/8/2019 at 10:24 AM, Woolf said:

have you registered a cell phone number with the bpi ??

they may want to send you a one time pin

You can't get very far on the app if your phone# isn't on the account.  Even if you don't want to use the app it's a way to determine if your # is registered.

9 hours ago, MickyG said:

Today when trying to log in one is met with a ''skin'' as opposed to a web page advising your new banking experience starts here. I would rather prefer the old banking experience as it worked:snap:

I would bet it's not a new system at all but just a new wrapper for the old system.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:13 AM, Woolf said:

The new system has been available for a long time as beta  ( a year ??)

Sure, but who is going to jump in and try out a beta banking system?

Davaoeno
Posted (edited)

I havent tried to access my BPI account for several months.  I just tried now  on my PC and get a message that they are unable to provide access at this time and to contact Manila by phone.

I then tried the same thing on my phone. First I had to update the app.  Then it wouldnt accept all of my password and told me no access available at this time.

Edited by Davaoeno

JohnSurrey

Just tried to transfer from BPI Europe (GBP) ... gives me the rate etc - fails on the final step - "We are unable to process BPI europe transaction at this time"

Which could mean it doesn't work at all or it could mean I need to try again later or tomorrow

I think when using the "old system" it worked all the time (for me) if the GBP balance was available - I'll give it a few more tries before I visit the branch:(

MickyG

same response when trying to pay bills on line

Took 3 working days to show an atm withdrawl which is usually shown as instant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1