SkyMan

How to mess up a cell phone screen

SkyMan

I didn't know this would be a problem but my wife spilled a bunch of efficascent oil on her phone and the screen is pretty ugly now.  So the question is, is it worth it get the screen replaced for p4k for a 1yo Galaxy J7 core?  I think I paid maybe p12K for it last year ish.  Anyway, I found a youtube on how to do it and I wouldn't say it's simple but doable.  So I ordered a new screen from Lazada for under p900 to give it a whirl.  Anyone else replaced a cell screen?

• Like 1

lamoe
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I didn't know this would be a problem but my wife spilled a bunch of efficascent oil on her phone and the screen is pretty ugly now.  So the question is, is it worth it get the screen replaced for p4k for a 1yo Galaxy J7 core?  I think I paid maybe p12K for it last year ish.  Anyway, I found a youtube on how to do it and I wouldn't say it's simple but doable.  So I ordered a new screen from Lazada for under p900 to give it a whirl.  Anyone else replaced a cell screen?

I've replaced several phone / tablet screens

Watch several different vids - one I watched showed taking whole tablet apart - another showed a much easier way.

Also have the right tools and patience patience, patience

A tip is to work on a white towel - keeps small screws from disappearing

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 2

liquido
Posted (edited)

Yes..Dont know if they have a china town in Cebu but here in Davao they do..Been there several times with all kind of repair guys on every corner that are very cheap for there labor.

Edited by liquido

SkyMan
1 minute ago, liquido said:

Yes..Dont know if they have a china town in Cebu but here in Davao they do..Been there several times with all kind of repair guys on every corner that are very cheap for there labor.

The wife went to a repair shop and they said p4k.  Maybe she was in a mall but I figure if the replacement is under p1K then p3k is a little steep for an hour labor and an hour is probably the newb time.  Looks like I can do it myself and the screen comes with the tools (except the heat gun I already have) even though I probably have all or most of what's needed already.  I'll get some card stock, more guitar picks, tweezers and latex gloves and be set.  If this goes well I'll try my own phone that works ok but has some small cracks in the corners.