Sign in to follow this  
Rexsmith

Visa for guys who marry Filipinas

Rwtom
On 4/7/2019 at 11:20 PM, SkyMan said:

drive to the Chicago Embassy

Just FYI for anyone considering this; I got my 13a in USA by mailing my passport, paperwork and fee to the PH embassy in LA. Didn’t have to go in person. But when I arrived in RP had to register in Manila within 60 or 90 days... something like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

M.C.A.
2 hours ago, Rwtom said:

Just FYI for anyone considering this; I got my 13a in USA by mailing my passport, paperwork and fee to the PH embassy in LA. Didn’t have to go in person. But when I arrived in RP had to register in Manila within 60 or 90 days... something like that.

I had my 13A visa also done through the mail and the Chicago Philippine Consulate and once you arrive you have 2 weeks to get your Permanent Resident ACR card.

SkyMan
3 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

I had my 13A visa also done through the mail and the Chicago Philippine Consulate and once you arrive you have 2 weeks to get your Permanent Resident ACR card.

Great, I would have assumed you couldn't do it through the mail.  I was just saying that if I had had to drive to and spend a day in Chicago it would have been worth it.  But I didn't even know that was possible.

• Like 2

M.C.A.
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Great, I would have assumed you couldn't do it through the mail.  I was just saying that if I had had to drive to and spend a day in Chicago it would have been worth it.  But I didn't even know that was possible.

I had to contact them at least 3 times either through messaging or phone calls on questions, I had to get a letter from my doctor on one condition but all in all, it took me two months to get my 13A Visa they mailed me large envelope package and I was told not to open i they also mailed me separate my passport with the Visa stamp in it.  Don't forget to add some extra money for their Christmas party lol, I think my total in two mailings was an extra $40 and once it was approved they called me.

Edited by M.C.A.

Jawny

If the 13a is obtained outside the Philippines, the visa holder also goes through quarantine. I think that is why the envelope is sealed and not to be opened until arrival.  As part of the medical exam,  I had an X-ray included.  Day of arrival I went to get the health check approved by some quarantine official. Slow process, but finally was ushered into a doctors office.  An X-ray was on display, lots of shadows and such.  

The doctor began her review of my records and started to make some comment about the X-ray.  Just then, the nurse overheard and said that was the worn X-ray and placed mine in the viewer.  Shadows were not mine. 

I would avoid use of gratuities at the BI.  At the LTO, tax office or other places maybe it would be cool.  But a gratuity can be perceived differently by the BI and they control my status here.

• Like 1

Rwtom
1 hour ago, M.C.A. said:

you have 2 weeks to get your Permanent Resident ACR card.

You’re right, I couldn’t remember, it’s been a long time. I remember it was kind of a pain. But I was fresh from the states and expected things to be fast:)

SkyMan
5 minutes ago, Rwtom said:

You’re right, I couldn’t remember, it’s been a long time. I remember it was kind of a pain. But I was fresh from the states and expected things to be fast:)

2 weeks is fast here.

Rwtom
1 hour ago, M.C.A. said:

my total in two mailings was an extra $40 and once it was approved they called me.

Lol; no wonder they didn’t call or notify me, or even respond to numerous voicemails... oh wait actually their voicemail box was always full. 

I was a little concerned because I had already purchased plane tickets and they had my passport. Was very nervous about sending it to them in the first place. But it all worked out okay 👌 

• Haha 1

Rwtom
1 minute ago, SkyMan said:

2 weeks is fast here.

Yeah it is. Actually the 2 weeks is the time limit to register for your ACR. And it was a pain because after just getting settled in I had to travel back to Manila again. The slow part to me was getting registered. Got there at 9 am and didn’t finish until about 2 pm

• Like 1

M.C.A.
3 hours ago, Rwtom said:

Lol; no wonder they didn’t call or notify me, or even respond to numerous voicemails... oh wait actually their voicemail box was always full. 

I was a little concerned because I had already purchased plane tickets and they had my passport. Was very nervous about sending it to them in the first place. But it all worked out okay 👌 

Some things never change... Go with it.

RogerDuMond
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, cookie47 said:

(i already have police clearance on file)

It has been a long time so don't shoot me if this information is outdated, but I believe that the police clearance had to be no older than 90 days when my wife filed the application for my 13A.

• Like 1

cookie47
It has been a long time so don't shoot me if this information is outdated, but I believe that the police clearance had to be no older than 90 days when my wife filed the application for my 13A.
Yes, agree with you.

My statement was somewhat generic and a bit open ended.

I suppose I meant that I've previously applied and was given clearance for both a passport and a job needing a Federal police Clearance.

The plus is that its all done on line so apart from Identifying oneself you don't need to visit anywhere or wait in lines.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk