Rexsmith

Visa for guys who marry Filipinas

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jawny said:

At ten years, the card is replaced.  Don’t ask me to explain why. Thus, every ten years, there will be two fees....renewal and replacement. There is NO EXPIRATION of a 13a visa. 

I got a new card at five years.  Of course I went in a month or 2 early and the new 5 years started right away rather than 5 years from the expiration of the old card so screw that.  Next time I'll go in the day before it expires and I'm going to do an address change too.

Edited by SkyMan

RR3
1 minute ago, SkyMan said:

I got a new card at five years.

Me too. Quota visa that is :cool_01:

SkyMan
1 minute ago, RR3 said:

Me too. Quota visa that is :cool_01:

No thanks, Quota visa is too expensive.  The 13A is fine for me and my wife loves me.

RR3
1 minute ago, SkyMan said:

No thanks, Quota visa is too expensive.  The 13A is fine for me and my wife loves me.

Lucky You. 

Quota visa for me cost ca 120k. Well worth the peso :oldtimer:

Semper paratus
16 hours ago, M.C.A. said:

I went through my 2nd 13A renewal or actually it's just another 5-year renewal a couple of years ago and these renewals are never P2,500 they are more like 6 - 7,000 pesos they always seem to have a problem that's not there and you get sent to various windows and you bring paperwork already completed so what's the use of doing all that and getting this all ready for the PBI and then having to pay for it?  Isn't that their job, aren't we supposed to show up and they handle the leg work, NOT!  and NUTZ!

I know I had a P5000 additional charge for which there was no receipt given.  You don't suppose ???????

I have had two totally different answers to a question about address changes from 2 different BI attorneys.  Which one to believe ?

Jawny

The card will be renewed with a new one, since the old one has expired. However, at ten years, there is an additional fee for the replacement card. Just a heads up for those at ten years. 

MickyG

My friend who is a widower here with two kids paid 3200 pesos for his first 5 year card renewal. He did his at the main Manila office. The new local office, now open for 5 months with row after row of shinny new pcs and printers is still unable to do a simple annual renewal as the Commissioner has not yet authorised the release of the software!! So, staffed and doing  not a great deal. Just as well this is shared with a load of other government functions. I popped into send a letter to the UK by registered post the other day, it is very impressive.

I can just see the commissioner deciding to close it down as it does not pay its way!! surprise surprise not!!:itsokay:

• Like 1

Headshot
1 hour ago, Jawny said:

The card will be renewed with a new one, since the old one has expired. However, at ten years, there is an additional fee for the replacement card. Just a heads up for those at ten years. 

My ACR-I card was replaced at five years, so I expect that will happen every five years for as long as I stay here.

• Like 1

Rexsmith

I really appreciate all the help. Thank you all very much.

SkyMan

Hey @Rexsmith  I don't know if you're American or what your plans are but about 5 months after I got married I went back to the US for a month or so and had I known then what I know now, I would have done the 13A there, faster, cheaper, and a lot less hassle.  Just sayin'....

• Like 1

smokey

Same no matter sure 13a is a hassel then once a year deal then the 5 year deal but you also get laid at airport when you leave in extra taxes 

• Haha 1

Semper paratus
11 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Hey @Rexsmith  I don't know if you're American or what your plans are but about 5 months after I got married I went back to the US for a month or so and had I known then what I know now, I would have done the 13A there, faster, cheaper, and a lot less hassle.  Just sayin'....

Less chance for someone asking for under the table $$$$/PPPP either in your home country. Or so I have heard so says a friend.

• Like 1

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Semper paratus said:

Less chance for someone asking for under the table $$$$/PPPP either in your home country. Or so I have heard so says a friend.

Right, and there is a little stumbling block with some medical stuff.  It may be possible to get that taken care of here before going back and if so that is an extensive medical exam like you get at the LTO for license renewal....:sarcasm:  But even if you have to do it in the US with a regular doc you're still better off imho.

cookie47

Agree with everyone.. Get it prior to departure if possible..

A 13a is on my wish list and i discovered that a 13a issued in Canberra Australia takes "around" 7 days (i already have police clearance on file) with much less drama than the numerous trips to the BI here (Cebu) Note.... I say "apparently".....

However the travel cost needs to weighed up. But if i ever have a compelling reason to go to Australia that's the way i would go. In the meantime I'll sit on a Balakbayan.

Skyman however does make a good point regarding medical matters, particularly for those of us that are getting up in years...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

SkyMan
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

However the travel cost needs to weighed up. But if i ever have a compelling reason to go to Australia that's the way i would go. In the meantime I'll sit on a Balakbayan.

Skyman however does make a good point regarding medical matters, particularly for those of us that are getting up in years...

A drive to the Chicago Embassy wouldn't have been a big deal for me and being retired military I probably could have done the medical whatever on base.  Oh well.

• Like 1