Rexsmith

Visa for guys who marry Filipinas

Rexsmith

I will get married to my Filipino girlfriend shortly. Am I able to get a married visa so I can stay here longer? If so how do I get it?  Thanks very much.

Humboldt

Sure you can get a BB stamp good for 1 yr... Just take your honeymoon outside of the country return to the philippines together go through Immigration as a married couple

Jawny

One way to establish permanent residence here is to get a 13a visa based upon your marriage.  I believe the BI will be the place to begin the process.  It is a bit time consuming and requires various documentation and such. There are many older threads in LinC describing the process. Once you obtain the 13a visa, you only need to make an annual report each year, and pay a fee of ₽310. 

If you want to avoid visas and the BI, you can get a balikbayan entry stamp as suggested.  Some LinC members choose this option, using an annual trip with their spouse to shop or have a vacation outside the Philippines. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BossHog
Posted (edited)

I'm of the opinion that a 13a is the correct visa for someone married to a Filipina. Sure you can get by on the balikbayan privilege for a few years but then the questions will inevitably arise. It's respectful to be on the visa status desired by the Bureau of Immigration for your personal situation.

If you're gonna live here full-time after marriage then applying for the 13a visa is your best bet (unless you plan to travel a lot overseas).

You may need to wait some time after marriage to get the PSA marriage certificate and NBI clearance. Will take some time.

Oh, and by the way, congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 3

Semper paratus

The so called Permanent Resident 13A visa other than the yearly fee must also be renewed every 5 years at one of the major BI offices.  Why it is called permanent beats me.The cost of that 5 year renewal is much more depending on who waits on you. The price could be P2500 or  more. Varies by office and which one processes you. Rules seem to be made up on the spot. YMMV.  Negros Oriental has thousands of 13A people yet the local Dumaguete office for some unknown reason can' t or won't handle 13A renewals. Makes no sense.  Have to do several days travel and overnight stays to Cebu, or hire a travel agency to process it for you if you are an old fart, or have a physical reason and note from a doctor why you cannot travel.  Your spouse can also do it for you for you older codgers. Again your mileage may vary.

Has anyone heard of a 10 year 13A for us really old duffers that have renewed before ?  If you can remember that is. LOL  :oldtimer:

• Thanks 1

cookie47
One way to establish permanent residence here is to get a 13a visa based upon your marriage.  I believe the BI will be the place to begin the process.  It is a bit time consuming and requires various documentation and such. There are many older threads in LinC describing the process. Once you obtain the 13a visa, you only need to make an annual report each year, and pay a fee of ₽310. 
If you want to avoid visas and the BI, you can get a balikbayan entry stamp as suggested.  Some LinC members choose this option, using an annual trip with their spouse to shop or have a vacation outside the Philippines. 
Yes, Currently we are in Singapore...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Jawny

The 13a visa is a permanent residency visa. It does not expire so long as the conditions remain such as residency and marriage. However, the ACR card needs renewal every five years and replacement at ten. 

• Like 2

Woolf
1 hour ago, Jawny said:

The 13a visa is a permanent residency visa. It does not expire so long as the conditions remain such as residency and marriage. However, the ACR card needs renewal every five years and replacement at ten. 

3 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

The cost of that 5 year renewal is much more depending on who waits on you. The price could be P2500 or  more. Varies by office and which one processes you. Rules seem to be made up on the spot

And I am sure that the renewal and replacement fees are the same no matter what office you go to

• Haha 1

RR3
1 hour ago, Jawny said:

Take notes, Your situation may change when Your loving and caring pinay learns how to take over all You have and get You deported.  Many o stories on this forum. Quota visa recommended. Yes, I am still here doing well with 13A :cool:

SkyMan
19 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

The so called Permanent Resident 13A visa other than the yearly fee must also be renewed every 5 years at one of the major BI offices.  Why it is called permanent beats me.The cost of that 5 year renewal is much more depending on who waits on you. The price could be P2500 or  more. Varies by office and which one processes you. Rules seem to be made up on the spot. YMMV.  Negros Oriental has thousands of 13A people yet the local Dumaguete office for some unknown reason can' t or won't handle 13A renewals. Makes no sense.  Have to do several days travel and overnight stays to Cebu, or hire a travel agency to process it for you if you are an old fart, or have a physical reason and note from a doctor why you cannot travel.  Your spouse can also do it for you for you older codgers. Again your mileage may vary.

Has anyone heard of a 10 year 13A for us really old duffers that have renewed before ?  If you can remember that is. LOL  :oldtimer:

The visa is permanent, the card expires every 5 years.  Replacement is $50 plus ELF.  More or less.

• Like 1

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Humboldt said:

Sure you can get a BB stamp good for 1 yr... Just take your honeymoon outside of the country return to the philippines together go through Immigration as a married couple

Not really as simple as that.  If her passport isn't in her married name you will likely need to produce an MC and they might require that be a PSA MC.  Otherwise anyone coming here could just offer a Filipina on the plane p1K to claim she's your wife and you get a BB Visa.

And it is still at the disgretion of the agent if he doesn't feel like giving you a BB you don't get one.

Edited by SkyMan

SkyMan

Has anyone heard of a 10 year 13A for us really old duffers that have renewed before ? 

There is the SRRV with a bigger up front cost and a bigger annual fee but no charges for Int'l travel.  Some like it.

Negros Oriental has thousands of 13A people yet the local Dumaguete office for some unknown reason can' t or won't handle 13A renewals.

Might as well ask why they won't let you do it online.....more fun.

M.C.A.
19 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

I went through my 2nd 13A renewal or actually it's just another 5-year renewal a couple of years ago and these renewals are never P2,500 they are more like 6 - 7,000 pesos they always seem to have a problem that's not there and you get sent to various windows and you bring paperwork already completed so what's the use of doing all that and getting this all ready for the PBI and then having to pay for it?  Isn't that their job, aren't we supposed to show up and they handle the leg work, NOT!  and NUTZ!

Jawny
2 hours ago, Jawny said:

At ten years, the card is replaced.  Don’t ask me to explain why. Thus, every ten years, there will be two fees....renewal and replacement. There is NO EXPIRATION of a 13a visa. 

RR3

Plz note the difference of;

1* 13a Non-Quota Immigrant Visa by Marriage; which Your spouse can revoke

2 * 13A Quota Immigrant Visa; which is not dependent of relation to spouse

2 minutes ago, Jawny said:

At ten years, the card is replaced.  Don’t ask me to explain why. Thus, every ten years, there will be two fees....renewal and replacement. There is NO EXPIRATION of a 13a visa

Ask Your wife for details