Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

Amazon shipping speed?

SkyMan

So I needed a few items I couldn't find here or at a reasonable price but not enough to do a BBBox.  Looks like Shippingbox sea cargo is similar in price like a partial BBBox so I signed up for an account and then ordered 3 items from Amazon and some from a bike parts place and another from Ebay. For the Amazon items they were all listed as in stock and I chose the free shipping 5 business days.  Now all 3 listed as arriving 12May-12Jun.  WTFO?  Is that normal and maybe the date will improve as the order moves along? Just ordered last night. I clicked on change shipping speed and free 5 business days was still listed so I didn't change it. I'm worried the various items will arrive over more than a months time and that would increase shipping costs.  Anyone know if Shippingbox will hold items over the 30 days if you ask nice or pay some fee?

Goetz1965
Posted (edited)

Amazon is usally around 7-10 days when shipped from ther own warehouse.

If you have that long delivery times Amazon just tells its in stock, but that means "with the manufacturer in china", thus it first has to be send to Amazon and then send gets send to you.

Edited by Goetz1965
  • Like 1

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

Ok, so one of the Amazon items just updated to arriving within 12 hours.  Actually faster than I'd like.  Hahahaha

Edited by SkyMan