Sign in to follow this  
Irenicus

Same Day Exit Clearances at J Mall???

Irenicus

Visiting the US this coming Tuesday.  Will have been in the Philippines 11 months and 2 weeks on tourist visa.  Will be in Cebu Monday morning and flight leaves Tuesday morning. Does anyone know if J Mall BI is still issuing exit clearances same day? (I will be at BI around 8 AM Monday.)  Last year it only took an hour or so.  I know I could theoretically get the ECC at the airport but I would rather have it done before I get there.  Thanks in advance. 

Woolf

I have not heard about any changes about ECC

The ECC can be done at airport if been in country less than a year and flight leaves within 24 hours

I would go to j-mall and have it done there, if problems you have the second option of having it done at the airport

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SkyMan
3 minutes ago, Woolf said:

I have not heard about any changes about ECC

The ECC can be done at airport if been in country less than a year and flight leaves within 24 hours

I would go to j-mall and have it done there, if problems you have the second option of having it done at the airport

Agree except I would go to the Mactan BI since you're going to Mactan anyway and they seem to be faster at most things.

• Thanks 1

SkyMan

Can you do it in Duma today or tomorrow?

Irenicus
3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Can you do it in Duma today or tomorrow?

We can't do it here.  J Mall is closest and I have never had an issue before with ECC's there.  I posted this cuz I panicked when I realized the plane was leaving Tuesday morning and not Wednesday morning.  Well, that, and I typically turn into an anxiety-ridden mess whenever I have to travel...

Thanks for the responses.

• Like 3

Woolf
23 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Agree except I would go to the Mactan BI since you're going to Mactan anyway and they seem to be faster at most things.

Can Mactan BI do ECC's, I am not sure   ???

• Like 1

Gus
My info on this stuff is getting kind of old ..but, in the past, they did not do ECC.
Used Mactan for years, and only ever went to Mandaue/JMall was for ECC and that 1 off , biometric foreigner registration thing.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

SkyMan
3 hours ago, Woolf said:

Maybe not.  I know they can only do certain things and the ECC is a fairly simply thing so I thought they could but maaybe not.

Woolf
10 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Maybe not.  I know they can only do certain things and the ECC is a fairly simply thing so I thought they could but maaybe not.

ECC is not that simple  earlier  as of  before the ARP  they needed to taken ink finger prints

After the ARP they already have the finger prints on electronic file

Mactan do not do the ARP  and may not have access to the ARP system

battleborn

I got my last July a few days before I left for Vietnam.  ECC was good for 5 days I think.

Woolf
4 minutes ago, battleborn said:

I got my last July a few days before I left for Vietnam.  ECC was good for 5 days I think.

NO !!

ECC is good for one month

battleborn

Woolf, glad in know how to spell " I think ".

Woolf

http://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/emigration-clearance-certificate-ecc

When should I apply for an ECC?

A foreign national may apply for an ECC at least 72 hours prior to his/her departure from the Philippines.

Does the ECC have validity? Will I be able to use this multiple times?

The ECC is valid for one (1) month from the date of issue, however, you may only use this once regardless of its validity.

As far as I know immigration j-mall will do the ECC same day

the only time I had an ECC it was done in an hour and half,  that was including an extension